EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

Element TD 4.0 Public beta - hot or not?

Does EleTD 4.0pb deliver?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest skyoung11

I' m not sure where the right forum for this is, but where do I play multiplayer?

I think everyone play on different server... Maybe u gotta wait for Cisz to answer ur question

We play multiplayer on Battle.net, when you launch the game there is a button for that, (next to the buttons for singleplayer and such)

You need a legit copy of the game to do that, and there is only real B-net servers for US Europe and Asia afaik. Some do also play on PvPGN Servers.

I myself play on Northrend (the European (legit) Battle.net server

I also play on Northrend.

I think most (not all) players here on the forums play on northrend)

Guest Timberwolf

I still play on US West fairly often. Lots of TD being hosted, if you don't mind waiting and watching 80 DOTA games where people pee themselves over a new version exactly the same as the last one scroll by.

As for this poll, in hindsight after a few months I really have no idea why anyone would prefer 3.0 as it is pretty much an excercise in build either windstorm or gold, and everything else literaly doesn't matter assuming you understand placement. It's really quite dull by comparison to 4.0 (though still a very solid map overall that I'd play before dozens of subpar efforts). The only tower this is true of in 4.0 is the Periodic Tower and I'm not even convinced it shouldn't be so at all; though I would like to see a rebalancing between doubles and triples that makes just playing 6 level 1 elements and nothing else a lot harder before the Periodic shows up to demolish things.

I think those ppl still enjoying the "easier" Element TD...

Maybe it's because the "easier" factor..?

Does anyone feel that there is much less 4.0 being hosted now?

i remember when 4.0pb was released there were at least two or three hosts for the map. But now i hardly see any games hosted, although my -vhsrcmsm games usually still attract a fullhouse..

Has the interest gone down as players find the map too difficult? or are most still stuck in 3.0? or is it due to the lack of new releases and the 'disapperance' of karawasa? The forums always have more activity when he's around and posting new stuff..

Discuss...

I have the same feeling too, but I am not sure if hosting really went down. Maybe I'm just not as patient anymore, to wait for a minute or two for a game to pop up. I often did that a while ago. imo 3.0 hosting has not increased though.

Guest Timberwolf

There's been a drop off after the initial release push on US West, but it's still being hosted more than 3.0 was in it's day. Sometimes you get goofy hosts who try and use VH SM AR in public games which is pretty much a big tattoo of "noob" on your forhead and the quickest way to make a public game totally suck and be entirely uninteresting to 95% of the game's base, and that doesn't help, but otherwise things seem fine.

"If you really want to play, host it yourself" is still a good addage though. Always has been.

But of tower defenses I see being hosted on US West the only one I'm seeing more of is Green/Green Circle, and I don't think it's cruel to suggest that map is far more "popular and simple" than it is "good". Of solo defenses, nothing is being hosted as much. In fact in my experience there's still as many Ele 4.0 games as more or less all other solo TD's put together, which is a shame in the sense that there are a lot of other TDs not getting enough play. But 4.0 seems fine for play amount.

-ar is meant for fun and not real competition... too dependent on your own set with respect to other players.

and yes. green (circle) gets hosted more just because it's much faster and easier to play. not to mention the extra gold when there are noobs in the game..

4.0 gets the play and stays as it is much more balanced. How many other tower defense maps go through as much beta testing, balancing and development as 4.0pb? Most other TDs are just a creater who does everything himself and imbalaces dominate. Also, once you finish the map once, there's little to keep you playing the map again.

4.0 has a lot more replayabiliy compared to other TDs, because of random and chaos mode. Every game will play out differently in random+chaos. the probability of getting the exact same elements and creep order is close to zero..

Two more reasons why eletd owns them all:

Many td's don't have a developer, they get "improved", "transmogrified" and "cough - ballanced" by any idiot who just feels like having bikini ghouls with machine guns or atomic toothpicks in the map. Or a very important "I claim that my little brother has an unusual sexual orientation, and that is supposed to be an insult" messages. :(

And only a very small number of td's reward skill as high as eletd does. Interest farming is real time in eletd, and what is normal for us (fastest player starts next wave) is a special race mode (or not avaiable, sorry) on most others. Try to imagine what it is to play a td where you have neither interest nor the fastest player starting: Who has skill basically sits there and is punished for killing fast (he has to wait then), and he doesn't even get a reward for needing less towers.

i can only think of burbenog td at the moment that comes close. You'll need close cooperation to complete that map on expert for two players.. it's quite balanced although it has it's weaker governers and all towers are buildable. (the last upgrade for siege tower in green td pros is almost unbuildable unless other players leak to you..)

Interest farming is probably something unique to ETD. There are rewards for building just the right amout of towers rather than spending everything to get the best defense.. and the speed selling and rebuilding..

Yeah, what etd has is

balance(hoping to get build balance increased and some more towers needing it)

random/chaos(no game is like the other, so, don't follow a lvl by lvl organized plan doing the same thing every game)

interest(now there's a big differance between noob and pro except for knowing which towers and where to build. You can always become a better player by learning to handle interest better)

fastest-player-sets-the-speed(the competitive part of etd. some can live without it, and even playing in singleplayer etd is by far the best td, just ask kirby ;) I love racing btw, it's a nice sstrategy to crusch your opponents when they least expect it (and punish someone trying to farm interest when they are not prepared to defend, now it becomes an even more strategic/competitive game)

Noob friendly modes: We do have both easy modes and we do have a mode that I guess most noobs would like very much. It's called competitive mode and that's the main reason ppl don't use it. "competitive mode? sounds weird, better not try it, there'd still be too many modes". Better name it Super Weapons(SW) and people will be able to guess what this mode means, and try it, and actually learn to use it if they like it. The only sad thing is that us pros, who usually don't like this mode I guess will not be able to join most regular games (although we never could, as everyone picks too easy difficulties. But it's more important that all the noobs can have fun, play it more, (and get a chance to learn too). I just got to think of this now and I think it's a very important point that can help etd to a greater success with random public players. (random public players of a low skill level is what I also meant before, when I said "noobs")

Guest Timberwolf

Yeah I know lots of maps that have some of these things but not all of them.

I tend to avoid a lot of team maps because they tend to have a low threshold for creativity and they are the most prone to producing teenage mutants swearing at each other over someone not having mastered every nuance of a game. Green games are often especially nasty and unwelcoming to new people but I've been known to play a game of Green Circle once in a while if nothing else I like is being hosted.

It's a good point that Ele 4.0 is just bringing the most well rounded package to the table. There are some other very good TDs that don't get a lot of play because they miss one of these things. Power Towers, Sprout TD, Artifact TD, EEVE TD all have a lot of positive elements to them that make them enjoyable and I'd list them as the rest of my solo TD all star team but all have their problems too. Artifact and EEVE are getting a moderate amount of hosting, Sprout is a rare sight but games often fill up quickly. Power Towers is almost never hosted now, which I think is mainly because it's very noob unfriendly - I'd say in 80% of my games I am the only player standing by wave 12. But I personally love it because it has the most freeform feel and the ability to experiement with new styles of approaching how you want to play of any TD I've seen.

I also play Paladin TD 0.35 which is a tower wars game. It's fun but it needs a rebalance.

Overall none of these games have the total package that element 4.0 does.

Yea i would agree on Burbenog. I think its pretty much the best overall TD out there, next to Element. Requires sick good teamwork, especially if you try it with only 2 people, alot of fun.

But simply not replayable as much as Element.

Guest DevouringOne

I think that Element TD 4.0 is the best TD ever made... but it still wants a lot of work to be the perfect one :) I think that there must be something like fun mode added: all non elemet towers to be free of charge and all element to be 25% of their actual price, but creeps to be very powerfull and spawning number to be increased(60 or 100)

Guest Silfarion

oh version 4.0 rules! i love it so much. but i guess there still can be improvements.

Guest Silfarion
If you don't know yet, we are working on a new private beta testing cycle.. expect more improvements and some tower changes..

nice! i am expecting it to be great :D

Guest DevouringOne

Don't expect it to be great...it won't be great it will be awesome, believe me :D

With releasing of the final 4.0 map...ElementTD will rise and it will rule the world of warcraftIII tower defences...MUAHAHAHAHA The plan for making the best TD will succeed :D

MUAHAHAAAAAHAHAA.....

Sign in to follow this