EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
echinodermata

Do we need easy or hard?

It seems as though no one ever plays or cares about Easy or Hard. You have your Very Easy guys, your Normal guys, and your Very Hard guys.

So why bother with 5 difficulties? We only need 3. Easy and Hard are just in between. Then remove the "Very" from "Very Easy" and "Very Hard" and you've got simpler names too.

I would be against that.

You are correct that most of the players choose to play middle and extreme difficulties, not much choose the actual Easy and Hard difficulties.

But I think it is important to keep a good scaled difference on the difficulties. In example, if I, as an average player think that I dominate the game enough on Normal I will go for Hard and not for Very Hard. If we remove the Hard difficulty I would be too good to play Normal and suck on VH (which is pretty close to my situation now, after so much testing Normal is becoming too easy for me). Specially now on 4.0 there are big differences from Normal to VH, and I think its important to keep this in-between step.

Curiously on bnet I see often people hosting games forcing VH and dying before or on midgame. The much more interesting question would be why somebody hosts VH if he already would be bussy on Hard. Many answers are possible. Maybe they just want to see other players die. Dunno, but I tip it is some kind of "roof" effect (take the hardest possible).

The easy difficulty is a different story, I never needed it. If I think back to my first games I think to remember to have stepped directly from VE to Normal.

So, I dont care about easy but keep H & VH as they are now.

Guest 1mpulse

its nice to have the variance cause then people learning the map can slowly progress without taking drastic jumps

its nice to have the variance cause then people learning the map can slowly progress without taking drastic jumps

I also vote for stay. In v3 as well as in v4.

Normal: closing networth around 130-170K, free cash 50-100K (the more elements and early, the less spend is required)

Very hard: tendency to die around level 35-55, depends on the level, though I didn't try it in the last 2-3 weeks (I gave up).

This time I want to go "hard".

If VH remained the same, then - in this distribution - the game would either be boring or angering. But going hard seems to be a good option! :)

Now it's with v4, but a year ago I played exactly the same situation with v3.

Guest dyehardz

(I'm talking about open-beta4)

IMO we need hard mode.

veryhard is too difficult for most people.

and normal is ... not enough challenging.

I don't comment about easy and veryeasy.

never played that mode.

Sign in to follow this