EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Cosmetic Design

A very important part of the game revolves around the design element. Towers need to be named according to the elements that they are made of, and their model/icon needs to go with their name. To be blunt, towers need to make sense.

To that end, I am starting this thread. I would like to hear what you guys think of all this. It would be of great help if you guys could tell me what towers don't make sense to you. Are there towers whose names do not go along with the elements that they are made of? Are there models/icons that don't seem to fit the name? Feel free to provide suggestions, but most importantly, point out what is wrong.

Guest Koxeida

Correct me if i'm wrong

==================================================================

[1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light Damage - 200% Vs. Darkness, 50% Vs. Earth

SpreadLevel 1: Attacks are infused with energy, causing them to deal damage equal to (500/distance)*2170.

Level 2: Attacks are infused with energy, causing them to deal damage equal to (500/distance)*10850. Type: Cost: Damage: Speed: Range: AoE:

Laser 1517 None 0.31 700 None

Phasor 6068 None 0.31 700 None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The icon of the 'spread' isn't really showing it's meaning. It looks like a quillspary

-The name "spread" doesn't fit well with the tower's purpose. The damage isn't really spreading* it's more of like concentrated. See next line for more info.

-"Attacks are infused with energy, causing them to deal damage equal to (500/distance)*2170." For more addition in a simple term => "The closer the target is, the more energy the attack is concentrated, hence dealing more damage." So, i purpose the name of the skill as "Concentration".

[2]

-The icon for the hail & comet tower doesn't make sense. That icon is mainly known as 'windwalk' for most people. And the windwalk icon and the hail isn't connected in any way <_<.

That's all i've found :)

hail icon is "storm" related, i dont have quite as big a gripe about that.

good catch on the laser tower though. I myself would recommend "focus" and not "concentrate" but that's just me.

the Periodic tower shoots uggly :P Seems like darkness attack and not composite.

In the new CB will all redesigned towers look the same?

If the don't do it is hard to make a cosmetic design on them before we even know how they look :wink:

Guest Void

The only one I don't particularly like is the Mushroom Tower. It doesn't seem to make sense to me...

Guest Void

Lol, well right now it shoots lasers... It's like the magic mushroom tower x]

Current peroidoc could need a changed attack animation. It is kind of cool but the scull looks more like darkness damage.

How about "reviving" and old suggestion, to change the animation of it to be similar of old rainbow tower. Then it is for sure the periodic tower of the elements.

- 3rd tier of vapor (aka steam) is like fire elemental-ish, despite the fact it still deals water damage

- 2nd tier of quark (aka electron) is hard to select, must click exactly on the orb to select it... :(

I think it's time to get rid of the extreme mode's "!" token. and make that area buildable. there is no reason to not have it buildable. and extreme mode is less played than many other modes, it doesn't deserve a special trophy. besides, it used to be that you could type -extreme to get extremer than the other players, than the "!" to show that you were brave. now it's more a competetive thing, and you don't need to show the otgers which mode you'r on;)

Sign in to follow this