EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

What we like and don't like

I think before we have a public Beta we should change things we don't like. Here I want you (all) to write

what you like and don't like.

It should be discussed. I mean it, post likes and dislikes here.

Yes, I know most people are very shy about this. When you play with them you get a lot of complaints and things they want to be changed.

But none posts them.

(thats wy I posted about Death and Rainbow)

I don't like kindle and flame as they are now.

Kindle is to weak, should have stayed as steam was, and flame is an armour reducer, which breaks the rules for strong towers. :(

I really like the new undead, and in a hating way the new mechs too. :)

Edit - On a second thought, maybe I just don't know how to use kindle.. ;)

Guest Sancdar

Kindle is much weaker than Poison. They're both spell damage duals, and share one element, but Poison does far more damage unless you place it in a terrible spot. Even then it does a fair amount.

I don't like Voodoo or Jinx at all. I find their abilities forgettable and hard to incorporate into a build.

I dislike the actual Gunpowder and Trickery, i think they don't fit 100% and that Trickery should become some kind of tower buffer, maybe range.

I dislike Voodoo and Jinx, they dont fit.

I am not convinced of the new Oblivion, Hail, Gold and Tidal, i have my problems to implement them into strong builds (and need further testing on them), maybe zeal as well.

I like the new classifications (Ud & Mch) even if fast needs a small tweak, I like the new resistence value for composite waves and I like the fact that now leaking sets the timer (even if it needs to be nerfed a bit on harder difficulties, maybe +1/+2/+3/+4/+5 seconds to timer). All this has made the game much more active then it was before.

I like the huge diversity that is in the current beta, nearly 100% perfect for duals and singles. I like the new values for money and spawns on lower difficulties.

The game is eons closer now to the etd i always wished to play, and i like most of all other details not written in this post. :D

Write more, What do you like/don't like with the towers you like/don't like.

And not just " it is a good tower"

Guest goldbandana

Dislikes: in the older versions AOE was less and now in this 1 its alot more AOE and less single target attacking towers, if its going 2 be alot of AOE now i think there should be at least some AOE range display you can click like in "gem td". its a very handy option so u can find the best potentiol position on the map for your tower.... like the kindle, it has a 750 AOE i think but where do u put it? wouldnt it be nice 2 no where you would benefit the most from this tower? like would it be best suited in the middle of the "L shape" so it gets all the enemys as they run on by?

Dislikes: in the older versions AOE was less and now in this 1 its alot more AOE and less single target attacking towers, if its going 2 be alot of AOE now i think there should be at least some AOE range display you can click like in "gem td". its a very handy option so u can find the best potentiol position on the map for your tower.... like the kindle, it has a 750 AOE i think but where do u put it? wouldnt it be nice 2 no where you would benefit the most from this tower? like would it be best suited in the middle of the "L shape" so it gets all the enemys as they run on by?

It's a bit confusing, the kindle doesn't have 750 AOE it has 750 range.

But I know it and I took it upp a long time ago (I wanted a short of rainbow tower, and the periodic tower is now a single target)

I think we have to much Jazz spells and a bit to less ordinart spells like a regular bounce, multitarget on hail now so thats good.

Or not very advanced cool spells that is hard to balance. But they could be advanced but there are advance balanceable.

Guest CzarDragon

I haven't done much testing so far, but I was hoping on seeing a balance in the flame towers. I think the range is way to short, and they've been made weaker.

Most of the other things I've seen so far are nice though :)

Guest Freman_Scum

i play Eletd alot but mostly in single player mode, is there a way to extend the levels and allow for even more tower level advancements? say dual-tower level 4+ and such as well as more Levels before ronald

@ freman - the games allready lasts an hour. We need to get down to 30 mins for a regular game, not the other way around. ;)

Guest Freman_Scum

true but maybe put in an option for extended games or something.

Guest CzarDragon

I can't even beat this on normal... The levels go by too fast.

Guest Timberwolf

I haven't been around the forum lately, but that doesn't mean I haven't given the 4.0 beta it's share of trial runs. I haven't read most of the new threads so most of this has probably been talked about already.

Let's do the dislikes first, most of which are minor:

Kindle tower in general feels weak. I seem to remember Steam tower doing a lot better than this. Also, maybe it's just me, but if that little explody animation it does every second goes away and never returns I would be eternally greatful. I actually dislike the explody animation moreso than the fact it's a weak tower.

I'm not a fan of Quark towers. Too much micro for my tastes, though I'm sure there's probably a replay out there floating around of some micromanagement ace destroying the game totally with them.

Why do Hydro towers (E/W) deal earth damage? Hydro implies water. An attack animation that is water implies water. A splashy sound when it hits implies water. It's just a minor thing that's been bugging me. The Hydro tower itself is, however, awesome. On the same theme Polar Tower dealing earth damage also makes me scratch my head a bit, but I can live with it moreso than Hydro.

No interest gained in the Ronald round? Why?

When did the elements get so absurdely hard to kill? I don't mind the new "scaling hitpoint based on level they are summoned" thing it makes sense, but I think it needs to be toned back a little to the point that if you are new/made a mistake in your build, you don't leak half your lives the first time a level 2 element shows up.

This version clearly runs "choppier" on my system (which is admittedly older, but then again I'm sure a lot of the older computer crowd are the people still playing things like WC III) than 3.0 did if you get an 8 player game going with a lot of towers everywhere. I don't know why. You all are the programmers, you tell me. :mrgreen:

I'm not sure I like the fiddling that was done with laser towers. It feels like it was changed for the sake of changing something rather than "ooh, here's a new tactical use". There really aren't a lot of long range "cover the whole map from the middle" towers, so I'm not sure why one of the few options there was killed for a redesign that has no apparent new tactical use.

Lightning towers dealing *more* damage per arc between targets makes absolutely no sense in any way shape or form. Should deal slightly higher base damage with less damage per arc.

Good stuff:

It's harder. A whole lot harder, but not in a crappy "haha there's no way to win it's a NOOB KILLER lol" annoying way. Sometimes I can beat it on normal but not consistantly, and the hardest levels (and extreme mode) are too hard for me right now. But I don't mind that because new people can still play at the lower levels and be challenged, and if Very Hard mode doesn't challenge you in this... go outside. Unplug. You need it more than I do. But it's going to give the game more life to veterans. As good as 3.0 was, I was getting a little bored with it after a while because I had it down pretty much on any difficulty. Not anymore.

I kind of liked the old hero mode which I know puts me in a minority, but competitive mode is better. Good twist. Haven't played it enough to offer more comment really, very few games I've joined seem to be using it but it seems fun when it's been used. I should host some myself.

Nature seems a better allround element than before which is good. Other than being used to access Nova towers it was pretty much the weak cousin in the family last edition. There seem to be some pretty cool new options in the nature section.

Watching showoffs who think they rock enough to play this game with a single pass build get absolutely owned by undead rounds (and the glaive thrower mechanical round) is damn funny.

Tower variety seems more essential for some reason. This is partically because we no longer have gold towers with their composite damage as the be all end all. But even with other builds it doesn't seem nearly as easy to get away with having almost all your damage come from one element. When that 50% damage reduction hits, it seems to hit harder on this map which I don't mind. Forces some variety and thought.

Overall I really like 4.0. Of course it's a beta and needs a few tweaks, but that's what they are for. Things are on the right track.

I think the (sorry, I'm really sorry) bad towers are:

- Poison (Unlike late sun tower, this one got dark element attack)

- Ice (1 target no splash :( )

- Flame (I thought this tower got some splash, but no)

- Disease (This is kinda lucky draw tower)

- Jinx (unreliable)

- Trickery (also like jinx)

- Minion, or something like that

- Drowning (No more splash eh?)

-

But also, great new tower/skill on this game! Such as:

- Electricty (Nice chain lightning!)

- Zealot (Nice attackspeed attack)

- Roots (Total rebalance since the 3.0 root tower)

- Magic (Rocks!!)

- Polar (Nice new skill)

- Tidal (Wave killer on early waves!)

About the gameplay:

- Overall good

- The creep got more HP, means more challenge!!

- I HATE composite, they absorb only 75% damage of elemental damage. And even more if they also with "undead" (DeathKnight) or "mech" (GoblinShredder)

- The elemental got much stronger, more challenge again eh?

Well I guess that's it for now. Kinda tired typing :)

"- Poison (Unlike late sun tower, this one got dark element attack)"

Composite damage is removed from most towers on purpose.

"- Ice (1 target no splash :( )"

Ice has a huge damage.

"- Flame (I thought this tower got some splash, but no)"

Flame has slow and damage increase.

"- Minion, or something like that" (oblivion)

Is great if you are able to hunt your minions over the map for extra hits - so it required a lot of micro.

"- Disease (This is kinda lucky draw tower)

- Jinx (unreliable)

- Trickery (also like jinx)"

I don't like those too, they will be gone in the next version if i remember correctly.

"- Drowning (No more splash eh?)"

I'm not sure of what to think of drowning.

If I understand your complaints, you like splash. :) That would have helped a lot on the last version of the map (3.0) but nowadays with the strong elementals and mech waves, you won't get away without single target damage. ;)

Agreed on much you said.

Exept minion and drowning. :P

Edited: ops I ment 'A'greed not greed.

Exactly Cisz, you know from my posts, eh?

True, i like splash very much. But I don't hate single tower attack such as impulse tower (impulse rocks!), but gunpowder is kinda weak

And BTW, what do you mean on "next release"?

ice and flame are towers, if used correctly, contribute well to the defense.. learn their placement well or micro well..

And BTW, what do you mean on "next release"?

refering to the next private beta (for beta testers) and the eventual 4.0 release. remember what you are playing now in 4.0 public beta.. it's still a unfinished map..

goblin shredders force players to have good single-target towers in the build.. not just the aoe slows..

about gunpowder.

btw as for gunpowder:

mortar dmg/sec/gold = 2.275

gunpowder dmg/sec/gold = 1.515

focused earth = 1.481

amplified earth = 1.333

so in terms of raw dmg/sec/gold even gunpowder is better than focused earth! I think the splash damage in this case balances it out, but mortar is definitely a significant improvement, and more so than focused earth is over amplified earth.

Really? I thought gunpowder still weak still (sorry again), althrough thet statistics kinda changed my mind a little

gunpowder upgrading is weird :) . It does not only increase it's damage to 5 times the damage like all other duals. It increases the damage AND the AoE Size, the Splash, of it's attack. Which I have never really understood :)

Sign in to follow this