EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
0rb3r

Using the builders inventory

I had an idea, why dont we give the builders a inventory with 6 slots and give the builder 6 items, each one representing an element and make the item on click do the same function like -light, -fire, -water... chats.

I know it repetitive, but it may encourage newcommers to use this features. At least we can write in the item description that a chat with -light, -fire,... will do the same.

hmm, I like the idea... but i don't like that general things such as this and hotkeys change to much, to disable switching playing between versions

@Jolin012: I didn't meant to change anything, i'm just sugesting to add and aditional and visible way to use some of the commands, it's an extra. Ppl mostly don't read F9 and take very long to find out that they can easily see when the next element X wave comes. I almost never see ppl use it in random b-net games. This may encourages more to use this commands.

As well, doing one click is faster than opening the chat box, writing and pressing enter (i'm one of those guys who misspells things often and get bored of rewriting things twice).

oh, sorry i misread, i thought you meant to use the builders inventory to summon elementals.

hmm, but useing it for checking lvls must be faster, and i almost never use to type it just because i don't want others to see. I don't want the others to also notice when our weaknesses/strengths will appear, just because i remember checking it.

So, if this won't show to the other players, I would like the idea very much. I hate that i have to reveal everything to the others by those commands.

Guest Sancdar

You could give the builder a spellbook-based menu. You'd have 11 spaces: 7 for elements/composite, 4 for special classifications.

Other suggestions for the builder's inventory are toggles for -random, -extreme, and camera modes, as well as maybe a quick-select of the summoning center. The mode-set items would need to pop up a confirmation dialog box, but I think they would be useful because the tooltips could give an explanation of the mode's effects.

Guest 1mpulse

you dont only need to use the inventory, as you can give the builder "spells" to do certain things. (eg summon random element?)

@1mpulse: Well, i wanted to have the actual tower-query, element query and Tip skills/spells be somewhere different than the 6 element-waves-query, to avoid ppl, specially newcommers to get confused with all the stuff.

@Jolin012: If you dont type in the chat box, nobody will see that you are querying. It would work like the tower-query or the element-query or the tips, you're the only one who sees them.

Sign in to follow this