EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
holepercent

The HolePercent's guide to EleTD

Which guide do you want me to finish first?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Welcome to the Holepercent's guide to EleTD.

Here, i will post some of the more interesting strategies,complete guides as well as the occasional challenge. These may not be the best but are just suggestions. Feel free to comment.

Coming soon (i'll post the guides as and when i have time to write)

:arrow: Winning with DFNE (eletd 4.0)

Completing the game with DFNE

Introduction

DNFE, without any AoE slows, armour reduction and stuns can be considered to be one of the weaker builds in the game (as compared to lwfd or gold). It is difficult to win but not impossible. The build is slower and there is a chance of being overloaded in multiplayer, especially in mixed difficulty games.

Towers available in the build

df-magic

dn-death

de-tech

fn-sun

fe-lava

ne-roots

fne-dino

dne-crypt

dfe-flamethrower

dfn-summoning

Tower analysis

For the first 10 levels, i usually make do with basic arrow and cannon towers. these can be sold and rebuild quickly when the interest counter hits 0. this will provide with some extra gold.

Your first dual should be up by the middle of wave 11. i usually sell everything after the first pass and build the dual at VI/IX. The early game towers include lava, tech (to gain some lives early), dark cannons/towers for cover against water. In between the towers, i build elemental cannons.

The middle game's towers are usually flamethrower,magma and summoning . Magic towers and roots towers play the supporting roles (for my games). i usually have a summoning tower at VII and one at II. All towers are at IX or VI. 4 roots towers at the top and bottom of the main defense. 2-4 magic towers at VIII to catch leaks.

The end game is usually upgrading all triples, upgrading to volcano and refined earth towers. Pures would be good but it may be difficult to hold enough gold without leaking.

At the moment, i'm still experimenting with sun and dino towers.

For some reason, death and crypt towers never work well for me. Somehow i always get a low kill rate. i hardly used them in any game.

This is just a rough guide.

The build

The final guide will be for 4.0... :wink:

I'm interested. To my knowledge, only Cataras ever figured out how to properly play dfne.

I predict you either promote the liberal use of premarital interest, pure spamming, or copying Cataras. :D

Guest Sancdar

I'd probably try

Interest-Interest-Earth-Dark-Nature-Fire-Fire-Dark-Fire-Dark-???

I'm not sure if you could afford another interest in the middle without leaking horribly. I'd want the Earth-Dark for the level 21 mechanicals, and after level 25 you could go Roots with some Death towers for support. After that you go full on Magic until you win. Hell, I'd recommend just going interest/magic, but I'd feel like a cheater for only relying on 2 elements out of a 4 element build.

i did not watch his replay in the old boards...

i do my own playtesting... working on a build that leaks less... currently i finish games with single-digit lives

Guest sillyboy_tomato

mass roots + death tower + dino ??

Guest Sancdar

Dinos don't work that well unless you have Well Towers to back them up, in my opinion. I know Cisz is trying something out with them, but sometimes even with 4 towers they just don't proc enough on a wave to do enough damage.

Agreed. My dino games usually require aoe slows and/or well to work. And w/o water, the nature damage of dino is leaving me dangerously weak vs fire.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

I know.. But what in this strat can you else do? DIno goes well with glacier + storm

Guest Sancdar

Any splash goes well with ice/glacier+storm. Hell, any TOWER goes well with that combo.

I know.. But what in this strat can you else do? DIno goes well with glacier + storm

I don't want to spoil it for holepercent, so let him answer your question.

If you really can't wait, check out the challenge 8 in the old forums.

Guest Cataras

Im begging you down on my knees - please continue this guide and enlighten us with your extraordinary knowledge of element td. Right now im stuck at wave 16 cause im not sure what do go for after the tech towers :cry:. Your very detailed tower analysis has been a great help so far. Never thought of building basic towers in the beginning before :D.

Note the change of smilies representing despair in the beginning and hope/joy later on: All because you provided us with this guide!

No, honestly.......

What the hell is this....

You call this compilation of crappy advices the opening of a guide? Ok then you, holepercent - awesome guidewriter, might be able to answer some questions of your biggest fan:

1) Why do you suggest to build the lava tower for wave 12? Level 14 is mechanical/light which means a tech tower at this point of the game would provide you some easy extra live!?

2) Ok, lets just pretend question number one is stupid and the lava tower is the better choice what are your further plans with the little volcano? What do you make out of it to beat the upcoming waves?

3) Lets pretend again question number one is stupid and you build a tech tower at lvl 15. The next mechanical wave is at wave 21; Siege Tanks with 1635 hp against one tech tower dealing 666 dmg - and dont forget about the 15 armor because needless to say pros like you play on very hard. Care to explain the logic behind your so called "strategy"?

Cataras

P.S: Cisz is not allowed to answer this for you!

PPS: Cataras actually can be a nice guy if he wants too. Maybe his bike was stolen. :wink:

Guest Cataras

Until i am proven wrong i stay bad and mean.

P.S: A special hint: Delete this useless thread to get rid of the evilness i spread!

Guest Sancdar

Considering that he's gotten to level 15 in like two weeks, I wouldn't worry about it.

<3 kittenbread, by the way.

Guest akabegformercyy

man cataras, thtas pretty cold and cruel

holepercents just trying to help out those who cant use dfne like me

I don't like Cataras tone, but I have to back him up on the fact side. Cataras was the first player to finish dfen under the old challenge 8 condtions (no pure, no interest), a feat that GipFace believed to be impossible. And I know of only one player to copy him, and that would be me. (And by that I mean, finally winning, using Cataras strategy, after many losses with my own tactics). Holepercent claiming he would have advice on this build seems a bit daring to me too.

Still think your mean and need to check out a - How to be polite guide.

Tip - Try to talk to somewhone about your childrenhood did something go wrong and youst made you extra angry? If then can this be changed.

why bother to bring up an old thread for a guide which i have almost put away?? (cos i'm working on my other challenge now...)

well... if you still want the guide, i'll try to get it done if you really want it.. my playtest version still requires some improvements before i post it... in the meantime you can try experimenting with the basics in the opening post... i wouldn't be able to do this one now as i'm in the midst of major school exams.

Guest Ubernuber

Hm... unless I don't remember correctly, there is no mechanical water past that level in the very beginning, right? You could try to just spam high level magma towers, and use death towers to mop up water levels. Guess I'll have to play another round of EleTD when I get home, haven't for some weeks.

Oh, and concerning the original guide, I guess he picks elements right away since he mentions putting up a dual at lvl 11.

edit:

Ah, right... undead are also immune to death towers. I guess I just proved how much out of practice I truly am. You could use summoning towers vs water though, they kick some ass.

As Cataras demonstrated in the old challenge 8, summoning is surprisingly strong, and gets even rediculously strong in slow single player games. I never usde it before he showed me his entry, and now I'm a summoner. :)

Guest Cataras
I don't like Cataras tone, but I have to back him up on the fact side. Cataras was the first player to finish dfen under the old challenge 8 condtions (no pure, no interest), a feat that GipFace believed to be impossible. And I know of only one player to copy him, and that would be me. (And by that I mean, finally winning, using Cataras strategy, after many losses with my own tactics). Holepercent claiming he would have advice on this build seems a bit daring to me too.

Dead on!

Sign in to follow this