EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Quick Brainstorm

I currently need tower ideas for Magic and Laser towers. The elements are:

DFL

DLW

Looking forward to hearing some great ideas.

*Updated*

Guest Timberwolf

DF - Well we have towers that give life for killing normal creeps, and life for mechanical creeps. How about one that gives life for undead kills? I can't really think of a good name/theme though. Vampire/dreadlord tower wouldn't make sense, because they kill the living, not the already undead. Maybe something that uses the undead Zigguraut as a base graphic, but shoots fire. The Ziggaraut is strangely absent from so many TD's. Or even a meat wagon, since they harvest corpses in game it's on the same theme.

I don't have a DEL suggestion offhand. Not a combination that brings much to mind right off. Will give it a think. ;)

How about one that gives life for undead kills?

Hmm, what about the complete inverse of the undead tower of v3? We have a Saint (the Paladin can do this job), who revives the (un)dead (with a timed life). They could become small level 1 units from the basic wc3, there are 6 of them.

Or.

Magic could create an area where creeps move more or less slower. Like water. This area could burn/freeze/... them as well. (If I remember well, magic requires some sort of slowing.)

Or it could summon any form of an elemental (expecto patronum, eh:)). This could act like the heroes: it could summon the patron every 1.5-2 rounds, but not more often (ie. 1 mana per sec, 100 cost).

Laser should be like laser. Have an extreme long range weapon that is firing continously (like in battle tanks, that's what I know). Instead of having a lower damage per second ratio (what someone mentioned in case of light/darkness), it could have a lower damage in long range. Just the inverse of Ziel (if I'm wrong: the tower that fires rockets and shows the damage dealt). It would also be realistic: while rockets get faster, laser (light) gets spread. Level 1 could be of a different colour than 2.

Guest Sancdar
Laser should be like laser. Have an extreme long range weapon that is firing continously (like in battle tanks, that's what I know). Instead of having a lower damage per second ratio (what someone mentioned in case of light/darkness), it could have a lower damage in long range. Just the inverse of Ziel (if I'm wrong: the tower that fires rockets and shows the damage dealt). It would also be realistic: while rockets get faster, laser (light) gets spread. Level 1 could be of a different colour than 2.

Quoted for truth.

Magic, shoots a magic bolt of darkness (dealing darkness damage). Upon impact it will explode dealing x Fire damage.

If the unit dies it will deal X Fire damage + Y magic damage in same area (Y damage is incernate and X damage is triggered) I got The whole trigger home in GUI and it works I use it in my map. (it's the one I need to alter to only attack enemies but besides that it works perfect) Is MUI so works with many towers and units.

Magic, shoots a magic bolt of darkness (dealing darkness damage). Upon impact it will explode dealing x Fire damage.

If the unit dies it will deal X Fire damage + Y magic damage in same area (Y damage is incernate and X damage is triggered) I got The whole trigger home in GUI and it works I use it in my map. (it's the one I need to alter to only attack enemies but besides that it works perfect) Is MUI so works with many towers and units.

Sounds good. It's similar to v3 FE tower.

Yes but each attack doesn't stack. and it explodes on every hit not only on death.

As for the laser, It could deal ordinary single target ligth damage laser. Blinding all units in a small AoE around the unit (stunning for a short durutation 0.5seconds or so.) But it only deals damage to a single target.

The new towers shouldn't have any slowing or armour reduction or damage boost other towers.

Those effects are allready assigned to other towers and we'd mess up the builds ballance all over again, if we add more. :(

What we need are dmg towers.

And I like the "tower that gets stronger when near" and the "continious beam" of the laser.

The new towers shouldn't have any slowing or armour reduction or damage boost other towers.

Those effects are allready assigned to other towers and we'd mess up the builds ballance all over again, if we add more. :(

What we need are dmg towers.

Okay! :)

Well.. My priorities are:

1/a. I like "magic" as it is (was). Does it have to be different?

1/b. The idea of 13est seems to be good :)

2. Magic means magic for me. So it shouldn't fire as usual, and it should be bound with mana. Maybe it could have more spells available.

- One can be the "burning terrain" (like the one of the new blood elf hero in tft), what, if nothing else, does damage. Another could be a dark spell, what either does a single higher or a longer lasting lower damage.

- The second could look like the enchantment's armour reduction but do damage instead.

- It can also be capable of summoning something.

It could autocast the damaging spell, while the other two could be called by the player.

Otherwise, I have no idea on something that contains fire AND darkness.

--

Thanks for supporting the laser idea ;)

Yea I say go for the old magic, or my magic :P It deals both darkness and Fire (possibly or Fire + Magic or Darkness + Magic) And it is 100% damage tower. But a more speacial AoE tower.

But as for laser it seems harder to get "good" ideas.

The map seems pretty hard anyways. I don't think a tower of 0.3 second stun. or a small chanse of 0.3 second stun for each singel unit not for all untis. It shouldn't be permanent stun it will be more like a small disable. (could be that blinded units get damage over time)

Example, Laser shoots at a single unit dealing damage. In area X there is a X percent that a unit gets stunned, The percentage is not for all units in the area, every single unit has their own percentage so if 1 unit gets *blinded* not all units will (exept if you have god luck)

Or it could be that *blinded* units get damage over time.

(PS use 1 dummy unit for all unit and they got 1 attack damage or something and have a chanse of dealing bash)

How about a tower that can change between longrange, shortrange and aoe, or 2 of those options? Needs to be switched manually, or can bet left on one of the options.

Guest mrchak

I am a big fan of magic tower having magic spells as its ability

And I like the extra damage spell.

I think it should add 1 or 2 extra spells.

- Raise Dead

- Slow (this changes the previous idea of the distribution of slows, but its not going to change the fact that all multi-target slows will be triple, so its at least worth considering)

- Repplenish Mana (Same as the obsidian statues, restores like 3 mana to all towers nearby, except flesh golems of course)

- burning spell (like liquid fire) that stops units from healing (a novel idea, anti-healing ability is not yet in the game)

As soon as I read the "longer the projectile travels the less damage it does," idea I was sold. It definitely seems like an idea worth running with at least. With that said, it seems that Laser Tower has been taken care of (for now). Thus, I'd like to shift the focus to Magic Tower, as that is still outstanding (partially).

Cisz is right in saying that none of the effects should be slowing. The original extra damage spell is nice, and I'd like to put it back in as well (albeit in a slightly different form). What it comes down to then is figuring out some extra spells to give Magic Tower. I'm giving the replenish mana ability some good thought, as I am thinking about making mana a factor again in autocast spells. Depending on whether I do or not, I need either 1 or 2 more spells.

Guest Oblivion.IV

Decimation Tower- Starts out dealing prty high dmg at a slow/very slow rate. The more people it kills the higher/lower the damage goes and the faster it starts to attack. So basicaly a tower that gets attack speed increased permenintly by killing creeps. This could be included with fire by having a type of burning attack that increases every 5 kills maybe that would add some incinerating splash damage or some kind of effect of burning.

Towers description- Absorbs the soul of each creep killed by it furthermore increasing its rate of fire, therefore making this tower a deadly one.

Guest 1mpulse

or after every so amount of kills it unleashes on big AoE attack. (autocast)

The last two posts are a bit late, we allready have golem, zeal and tidal. ;)

Guest Oblivion.IV

Well lol this idea will always be here :) just incase karawasa needs another tower .

Guest 1mpulse

lol i thought after that eh tidal but was too lazy to come and change

Guest Meatsim009

For a DF tower, what about a "Firestorm" - basically rains fire down on an area of the map that does x damage per sec plus y burn damage for z secs.

Darkness and Fire = FIRESTORM

As for DEL, it's a bit harder, but I'm thinking of a 'Ying Yang Black Hole' type of tower. It would do x damage plus y sec stun on the target. When it kills an 'undead' unit, it 'revives' the unit from the 'earth' as a 'living' one. If it kills a living unit, it revives the unit as an undead. Basically, it means that any creep it kills gets another life, which means extra gold for the extra kill. If the tower kills the same enemy twice, (ie a revived creep), it doesn't respawn.

Ying Yang - the attack would look like a black hole with the ying yang pattern, with perhaps the enemy disappearing into the center / attacking side small dot if stunned / killed.

Darkness, Earth, and Light = YING YANG / BLACK HOLE / REVIVOR SURVIVOR or sumthin

Guest Timberwolf

"but I'm thinking of a 'Ying Yang Black Hole' type of tower. "

I am absolutely begging that regardless of what it does or what it looks like, that we get a tower named the "Ying Yang Black Hole Tower". That's tremendous. ;)

Guest Timberwolf

I'm not sure.

It made me laugh, so that's an automatic bonus.

Sign in to follow this