EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 1mpulse

[mode idea]build random

Guest 1mpulse

cause i get really irritated playing random and getting lliddi , ive come up with this idea

mode - Build Random

instead of totally randomised elements, players get randomed their first four LEVEL ONE elements, thenon receiving those four elements level 2 in random order then those four elements level three in random order.

i think this mode would be good to discover good working builds, encourage new builds, and allow you not to be screwed by lame randoms =)

similiar to all random and same random you could do the all random builds or same random build.

my first pitch for anything in eletd, please give good feedback =)

mode - Build Random

instead of totally randomised elements, players get randomed their first four LEVEL ONE elements, thenon receiving those four elements level 2 in random order then those four elements level three in random order.

i think this mode would be good to discover good working builds, encourage new builds, and allow you not to be screwed by lame randoms =)

Sounds good for a mode. I also miss this mode of playing random.

Of course the original random mode is good, too; it also teaches to use interest, use massed weak towers (in case you have all the 6 elements) instead of having 5-10 really strong one.

Guest 1mpulse

the main thing it will differ from random is that if you get four elements in random and think "hey i didnt think this could do so well", then instead of being given random more elements you can continue with this "build" you randomed.

i know it has similar aspects to random, its more of a forced way to play a new builld (or if you dont know what build you wanna try). otherwise everyone goes for popular builds.

Guest CzarDragon

I think this is a sweet idea. I've always wanted this to be put into the next version but I just never got around to posting it yet.

Sounds like I have heard part of that mode somewhere else? Maybe my idea in the development forums.

In a new try to get the dev forum upp again I came upp with a new game mode.

The Draft Mode.

(part of it stolen from dota :twisted: )

But nvm that, if you choose this mode you will have sertian elements that you can choose off.

Ex. if you get

level 3 darkness,

level 3 water,

level 2 nature,

level 1 earth,

level 1 fire

_ _ _ You can choose from:

Darkness 1-3

Water 1-3

Nature 1-2

Earth 1

Fire 1

some pure uppgrades and 1-2 interest.

it is like pick, but you can only choose from the randomed ones.

Sell refound should be pretty high, 90%-95%-100% <--on of thoose.

Consept can be changed.

Ideas, comments, taughts or youst anything. Post it!

Actually I think draft could work both ways:

Random-Pick : Before of level 5 you get 14 randomized picks from which you choose which one is first, second, ... to be applied.

Pick-Random : Before of level 5 you choose a total of 14 picks which will be given to you randomly each 5 levels.

So, its not 100% pick nor 100% random at all.

Back on topic: I thnk that a Build random or demi random option would be nice, something that takes in consideration which elements you have already be given and when the right moment is for some things. I.ex.:

The chance to get a second level element is higher than to get a new one at level 1, considering that no second level element appears until wave 20 (or the chance is considerably lowered).

The chance to get a level 3 element is higher than to get a new element you dont have, and after wave 35 it is higher as well that the chance to get a level 2 element from which you already own first level, all considering that 3rd elements probably wont appear before of wave 30.

Interest starts with 0% probability at wave 5, but gets high probability afterwards, a second interest has low probability to appear, having its maximum chance late-midgame, considering that the chances on waves 5 and 55 to get interest are 0%.

Extra pures wont appear before of level 40, but have high chances to appear on the last waves, wave 50 and 55, each completed set of 3 levels for any element will rise the chances to get pures. Same goes for having all 6 elements.

If you already have 5 lvl 1 elements, the chance to get the remaning element will rise suddenly, excepting that this happens after wave 45.

So this would be 100% random but the elements you get will have a certain AI, tending to complete elements up to level 3, getting all 6 elements or give you pures once you got the 3 levels of an element. It somehow optimices the chances to build lvl3 duals and lvl2 triples.

@1mpulse: It would be less limiting than 4 elements + 4 lvl2 elements but would avoid as well crappy builds. What do you think?

Guest 1mpulse

gogo 13est hijack thread :P

the main thing i wanna get going with this mode, isnt really to make random give you better elements, but more of giving you a random build.

it can work with the probability changing to incorporate 5 element builds etc but in essence it should be a mode where you get a random build.

the people on the forums could even suggest builds, then all working build orders be placed in this mode. then say for league matches you random the sun build etc.

Sign in to follow this