EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Ghan_04

I Hate Microing

I don't know about you, but I don't like microing towers.

I want to win through strategy.

And I think towers should be smarter than they are.

So!

In light of this, I was thinking it would be good for towers to be "smart" enough to, for instance, hit units that DON'T already have cold on them, in the case of frost towers.

Maybe this could be an option that could be turned on/off for each tower?

Thoughts?

I'm against that.

I want this map to become more challenging for experienced players, so I don't like automatic towers. (There once was a game called dungeon keeper, that would play itself completely alone if you'd turn on the computer assistant. Horrible..)

Also, there are ways to use frost towers, so they freeze only or mostly unfrosted units without any micro at all. Proper placement is enough for that.

> I'm against that.

I knew that you probably would be.

I'm attempting to get more realistic gameplay, in a way.

An option for some (probably fast-firing) towers to "spread" their attacks would be good, too.

They attack a different target each time.

Guest Sancdar

I do like some degree of micro, with higher micro = better results, but I feel like 4.0 is headed for too high a degree of it just for basic victories. Well, we'll see.

OMG have you ever played dungeon keeper?!?!?!?

You cannot play dungeon keeper with a computer on, you will LOSE!

P.S. the computers are bugged.

I agree a bit of what ghan_04 says, I don't either like micro towers.

But having an automatic system on ice seems a bit... imba or whatever you can say about it.

I feel that ice should be as it is, but tidal should have this kind of automatic system as you might lose some effectives with it as it might trigger of on 1 unit. And you gain effectives with micro.

But if this would be on ice you would problary not gain effective with manually micro.

(sorry for my spelling, didn't know the word)

I like strategy games, but in wc3 you will die without any microing.

My full opinion is that a game should have some kind of microing, but not a to imba one.

Ironicly-

Why don't we change all disables and boost support towers and make them have an long range aura so we don't need to worry about placement, micro nor anything else? :shock::roll:

Now seriously, certain placements allow you to single strike mobs with slow, it's all about placement knowledge and gameplay experience, it's ok imo, 1 tower = slows between 1/3 and 1/2 of the mobs, you need a second one to optimize.

I think we should give no chance to players to abuse of microing, but we should give them a chance to make the difference. Interest microing is OK, damage microing should be a bit more limited.

For me it sounds the most logical that all towers start with 0 or low mana, there is no good reason for building a already charged tower, it would solve some of the balance issues and imo makes more sense.

Besides, I normally don't micro much on bnet, it's just to risky you missclick and leak 5+ lives or get interest before the tower is sold because of the "natural" lag. It's fair to micro from my side, you get something because you risk something.

Here's kind of my line of thinking:

This represents some kind of warfare/fighting/war, right?

Usually there are commanders below the general of the army, right?

They can make decisions, yes?

I'm thinking that the towers should have at least a little bit of a brain that tells them what to do so that "God" (the player) does not have to tell every last little insignificant solder what they need to do.

Does that make sense?

Guest 1mpulse

yeah but its not 100s of little soldiers you more like controlling the commanders.

but you see, you only need to do this with.. 4 towers, you more than likely only gonna build one of the types, and placement already solves your issue.

so much work for so little man...

Guest biyabo

I've played a fun web flash game called Vector TD before. It had one interesting function: The ability to make towers attack either enemies closest to it, enemies which had the most health, or enemies with the weakest health. I think that if this function were integrated into Ele TD, it wouldn't detract from the game's competitiveness, as the functions are not automatic per se. It would assist in player strategy, delegating target priorities for towers to attack. I would like to be able to tell splash towers to attack creeps closest to them, to have range towers attack the strongest creeps, benefit (gold / life) towers attack the weakest creeps, etc.

that'd be interesting if we wre aiming for less micro... But I like that you can micro to improve your gameplay, but very little micro is required to play fairly good. I also like that there is so much to micro, in other words you have to priory what you want to micro :)

I think a good goal is to have the game be beatable (on very hard) without much micro. Good placement, timing, and tower choice should allow for that. Micro should allow a player to excel, whether for ronald competitions, speed builds, or executing a draft strategy.

Guest Sancdar

I think a good goal is to have the game be beatable (on normal) without much micro. Good placement, timing, and tower choice should allow for that. Micro should allow a player to excel, whether for ronald competitions, speed builds, or executing a draft strategy.

it isn't too difficult to complete VH (with leaks) even with poor micro.. but good micro is definately needed for a chance at a noleak replay. tower choices and placement is always more important.. it is very possible to complete without any mirco towers at all..

the last replay for build project didn't feature much mirco apart from the early impulse micro (where it's the only mirco tower in play).. tornado was out of place a fair amount of time.

it isn't too difficult to complete VH (with leaks) even with poor micro.. but good micro is definately needed for a chance at a noleak replay. tower choices and placement is always more important.. it is very possible to complete without any mirco towers at all..

the last replay for build project didn't feature much mirco apart from the early impulse micro (where it's the only mirco tower in play).. tornado was out of place a fair amount of time.

I think microing is a good thing, in most TD's ua re just like.."I know exactly which towers to build and where to build them, and then I win. Mohaha I am the best" In eltd that isn't possible. So I am against OP's post.

I think microing is a good thing, in most TD's ua re just like.."I know exactly which towers to build and where to build them, and then I win. Mohaha I am the best" In eltd that isn't possible. So I am against OP's post.

Good to hear this from a non-VH player.

Sign in to follow this