EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

What is your favorite starting element?

Favorite starting element?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Retaliate

Yes, on the other hand, water is of course one of the two elements making steam, which is brilliant in the waves below level 20. So I agree that water is the most intelligent element to start with.

Which is precisely why I pick water. Also acid and storm are logical upgrades from steam, can solo, and require a very similiar placement. So a standard opening for pick is wfd or wfl, first dual a steam at 3, 5 or 7.

Guest Sancdar

The other reason why you wouldn't pick Light first is because Moon as your first dual is kind of silly. If you're going Money, you go Earth first to get the bonus against the Light elemental...not that it really matters at low levels, but whatever.

Guest Nareg

Hey Mrchak really makes sense. I used 2 get interest but water is working out much better. TY.

Guest Cataras
Does anybody pick an element based on what armor does not appear in rounds 6-10? I never thought about it like that but 6-E 7-W 8-N 9-F 10-L tells me that the only element you should NOT get for your first pick is LIGHT since it doesn't give you any damage bonus until round 11 (first darkness wave). Furthermore, Water is the only attack type that is not weak against any waves until 11, plus round 9 is Fire-Healing; It stands to reason that water would be the most logical pick to take care of rounds 6-10. Do people agree with this reasoning?

Im fine with Darkness also (on random mode). It can solo waves 6 to 9 with one elemental arrow tower. And since i always go for Super arrows on level 10 (except if i random Earth) it doesn't really matter that Darkness only deals 50% damage.

So for my part: Darkness and Water are equal on random. On pick-mode water is basically better due to the better two or three elemntal towers you can build with it.

Guest Sancdar

You really don't need an elemental arrow for level 6, I think you can still use 2 supers at that point.

Guest Warcryptic

I never play pick so i dont have a start element and if i do pick i quit, hate the 75 % sell.

Anyway water is best, and light is worse. And about the whole random thing, i got something weird, allmost half of the time my first 2 elements are e-f, and on that order, allot, SUN. It isnt that bad, never use it anyway, not good with the whole placement thingy of sun but its just odd.

Guest minddrifter

I voted Fire. Fire only because with 3.0 it is about the most crucial element in mixes, and as posted before it does decent splash dmg. I would have to say though, Earth might be a little better than Fire at the beginning. I love having an upgraded Earth tower for the gold carts, it smashes them in seconds. Water is also a decent one to begin with, as it also does splash and is very important for mixing elements later on. I guess any splash tower really. I don't dig light or nature first at all. Darkness isn't half bad. That's my 2 cents anyhow. ;)

Guest Sancdar

Who cares about splash when you can use elemental arrows/cannons with your first element? :?

I like to play with the element tower like arrows/cannons.

So thats wy I always take random.

Guest Ubernuber

Water. For the reasons above. Everything else works, too, but call me lazy.

Guest KingBartre

I used to always pick Dark and place it in the middle to take out stragglers.

Leaning towards water first now, for the healing fires and to make steam after lvl 10

Guest Timberwolf

If I'm serious about not fooling around, water every time.

Guest Romek

I pick light or earth first.

Earth because splash is awesome, and light because its range is good for finishing off leaks.

I pick the other one after anyway :P (Gold spamming)

On v.easy I get 3 interests first :)

Guest Oblivion.IV

Well, i do random all the time, so whatever the game feels like doing tome. :P...and sum times...it hates me.

Guest del_diablo

Since we are talking non-random and pick: Fire ;)

Other wise in random: Arrow and Cannon to around 3-4th element given(if good combo tower = screwe basic towers)

Sign in to follow this