EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Noddy

My replay - DELNEWDPP

Very nice. I can't remember any other replay with such agressive use of selling. To bad you leaked a few.

I'm allmost totally sure you know that, but I have to ask: You know ofc that selling on non-rnd games makes you loose money?

Ya , actually i view ur replay too much times ... and i dun understand how u can sell and build with high net worth in the end. I tried but that 75% cash back is still a problem... Therefore i'm still a noobie in eletd... :(

If the player is on random mode, all towers sell at 100%.

And arrows and cannons allways sell at 100%.

Ya thx 1mpulse... I'm really bad in building towers and selling them ... but will play more to improve.... btw cisz what the channel in irc ? i went in to #eletd but nobody there :shock:

Guest Cataras

@Noddy:

I watched your replay and besides the sell/rebuild of element tower i have some more things to comment on. You sell your basic towers for interest very aggressive but then you build on numpad position 4 and 5 (http://z6.invisionfree.com/Element_TD/inde...0entry8564036) and thereby lose a lot of interest. If you would build on numpad position 9 the creeps would have a longer way to pass and the interest timer would expire more often.

Another thing is: Why do you want that much live in the first place? Live gaining towers might be usefull to get some extra security but normally you try to get a tactic where you don't leak anyways. So i only build live gaining towers if i can turn them into something more usefull later. So applied to your strategy you could build some Tech Towers to get some easy extra life on waves 14 and 21 and for lategame purpose turn them into Sludge Towers for slowing. Or you use Life Towers in the beginning and get some extra lifepoints and later you can turn them into Undead Towers/Lich Towers and get some extra lifes from wave 30 on.

Guest 1mpulse

i know im not pro at eletd at all, but most players when using their builds know exactly where they placing their towers and when.

and you commented on his tower placement yourself.

Guest Sancdar

There's nothing wrong with an early build on 4/5 - 9 is not very good for an actual game because it's really slow and often you get waves on both sides if someone is playing at a decent speed. On the other hand, 4/5 is fairly quick early on and very easy to execute and time.

Selling the first tech tower wasn't a horrible move, although it wasn't smart either. Without any interest picks, it takes like 15 interest periods or something like that to regain the cash you lost when selling off of the 75% return. So, if you have no interest, you probably shouldn't build element towers that you plan on selling. Your timing on picks and sells is also a little weird - you sell a tech tower right before the Light elemental gets to it, and later sell your robots to build a pure Earth right before a mech level starts. Luckily, sludge and pure Earth are so strong that you don't have any issues. Oh, also if you plan on having interest in your build, put it as early as possible so it has effect throughout the game.

Guest Cataras
There's nothing wrong with an early build on 4/5 - 9 is not very good for an actual game because it's really slow and often you get waves on both sides if someone is playing at a decent speed. On the other hand, 4/5 is fairly quick early on and very easy to execute and time.

That is true but as a matter of fact he is playing on singelayer and therefr i suggest numpad position 9 or at least position 3. I didn't say position 4 or 5 is totally wrong but for big style interest whoring the top right corner is the spot to build and he apparently seems to like getting interest a lot.

Cataras

Guest Sancdar

Yeah, 9 works in single player, but I don't really see the point of learning how to play if it only works when you're alone. Might as well build at -, right?

Guest Cataras

Actually - is not a very good position because the creeps will only pass it once and in most cases you can not kill a wave on first pass without mass slow. So the answer would be "No".

The point is that there are not only fans of VHXSR multiplayer competitions but also people who enjoy playing a nice game against the computer. Cisz had fun beating 50k Ronalds while Gipface spend hours completing the game as fast as possible. Many players have fun participating in the challenges. Not all of the strategies found there are also usefull in multiplayer games where the common gamemode for competitive eletd is "random". Just because you don't see a point here doesn't mean there is none. Some people - and i guess especially people who are new to the game - prefer to play singleplayer. Again i didn't say he can not build on any other position but considering the fact that he likes to farm interest i suggested numpad position 9 to maximize the effectiveness of his playstyle!!!!!

haha okok really thanks for all of your comments and suggestions. However i thought that using life tower to gain life is not very efficient coz it has a low damage - 275. Initially , i when i first started to play a eletd, my aim is to get as much life as possible.Getting the maximum life that no one aim before. However i still had to survive every round rite? Undead tower able to help me settle mid game (lvl 20- lvl 35). However after lvl 35 , undead tower damage is totally useless... Therefore from there onwards , i switch to pure earth , starting to slowly build slow tower as well. I tried using as many sludge as possible however its damage are too low... :( Anyway is there a thread here explaining the different mode in eletd ? Sorry i'm rather noob here hehe

Guest Cataras
explaining the different mode in eletd

What do you mean with modes? Like random or extreme?

i think on the site

they are explain for

lvl difficulty

and commands for host "sr or ar"

but they are no details for explain what is the differents mode

yes cataras, I think that he wants to know details of the diferents moodes

race/exteme/ect...

Guest Cataras

Well if so, just check out the questlog ingame and try the different modes. Whenever you chose one the game displays a short explanation what the mode is all about.

Oh ok sure thing thanks btw ... hmm ur have been saying about lwdf-n build can i know more about it ? coz starting ice tower build not really that efficient or maybe i had overlook sth else o.0?

Guest Cataras

Maybe if you open your eyes for one damn second you might find a whole guide about it in the strategy section.

But if i may give you some advice: Don't just go for lwdf-n now. You have your own strategy involving life gaining towers which is fine and i would try to improve that one so that it is actually competitive or whatever you wanna call a good build. LWDF-N is a very easy build and pretty much every stupid noob out there can win with it.Coming up with own ideas is much much more pro-like even if your strategy might need a little help in the beginning.

Cataras

P.S: Cisz, don't you like my new signature or why doesn't it show in the strategy subforum?

Sign in to follow this