EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Favorite BNET Games?

Guest Sancdar

There are a few races that are different with their abilities, but the majority are the same. Even then, the different abilities don't change how you play by very much, except possibly if you're microing targets. And given that damage efficiency always decreases with more expensive towers, this means that the build strategies are almost the same. Optimal placement differs only depending on the race's range - since within each race towers only differ by damage and cost. The higher the range, the less versatility you have in your optimal placement, although the higher the tolerance for poor placement. Thanks to only damage/cost differing, there is no way to compensate for certain races weakness at certain parts of the game. If you have a great disadvantage against some armor type, you can't do anything about it, so if you have wasted too much gold you lose.

Dont forget the Bonus game in the middle. Sometimes it's smart to invest a lot on that while sometimes it will result your death.

You are right with the towers: First the 10 g towers, then a few 30 g , 1 90 g etc... to the best tower. But you forget the cold tower and the armor typ reducer. Sometimes it's smart to use them, sometimes it's not.

Some races are good to mass while some aren't. It's important to think about that too.

So there are a lot of things you can think about when playing this game and as it has so many races, you can play it a lot of times :).

Guest Dingolicious

DotA, Gem TD (Although after you've beaten it theres not much left to do), Stackerz TD, Binders and of course Element TD!

Guest AlienFromBeyond

Most any kind of TD, EotA (NOT DotA though, ugh), and recently some Island Defense. Oh, ETS too. Though I'll probably stop playing that, as I despise the direction the MT Team is taking it. Castle Fight is damn fun too.

Guest GipFace

Yesterday I saw 3 ETD games on Lordaeron, all 3.0 RC. I asked one of the hosts why he was hosting 3.0 RC, and he said it was the most balanced version. Then he proceeded to force play on VE, and leak on like level 3. So...I didn't really count his opinion. Also he booted me for "cheating" by selling towers for interest on random.

I would have saved that replay :(

Guest Sancdar

Oh, I have it, it's just not that interesting. He leaks 6 creeps early on because his build is so far up on 8 that it can't hit the creeps as they walk along the middle, and rather than building lower down to catch leaks he just waits for them to come. Of course, the next wave spawns just as they get back to 8, and he's not targeting manually...

Other highlights were the two guys on pick having no idea how to use their money towers...red was trying for "workshop", or metal, and went fire first for some reason. Green wanted a high cash build I guess, but he went L-$-E and already had like 8 light towers build by the time he got his first money out, so he lost a lot of bonus cash there. Green also told me not to talk about how easy VE was because I was obviously trying hard, selling and rebuilding my single money tower at that point.

Also, on review it appears I was actually kicked for calling red a nublet after he said I was abusing a glitch by selling for full on random. Of course, he had to tab out to boot up CKick because he didn't know about the command built into ETD...or is it in the RC? I don't even know.

Guest akabegformercyy

element td

island defense

stronghold defense

paladin defense

island td

bunch of others i used to love

I like to ladder desktop td. (Thats a flash td with a ladder.)

Guest Sancdar

Cisz, have you seen the new multiplayer Desktop TD? The site's also got the single-player Flash Element TD. Here's a few invites for anyone who is interested:

http://www.casualcollective.com/registe ... 90753a64cf

http://www.casualcollective.com/registe ... cf58b9c8e4

http://www.casualcollective.com/registe ... 906ead8dbe

http://www.casualcollective.com/registe ... cb64696ac5

Please, use from the top down. If anyone needs one and they are all gone, feel free to ask.

Sign in to follow this