EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Element TD Preview Image

Guest hyperprimate

Looks great without the white circle behind the icons. Nice work!

I agree what others said about the light, it was better in the previous version.

I agree. Darkness, Water, Fire, Nature, Earth looks better in the newer version, but Light better in the older, a beam don't relly look too good.

Btw, water and earth looks so much better now ;) Well done!

Guest mrchak

point taken, will put light back to the way it was.

As far as text, what do you think of having the website in the lower left hand corner? I think it is pretty subtle and it good to have it there.

good job... having the website there will be good... most other maps have the clan/creater/map's website somewhere even in the main text (intro)... if the tourney becomes a regular thing maybe find a way to fit that in too...

I'd like to see the first three you posted (after my request) changed to reflect the old light. I don't like the website or version in the corners. The image is too small for them to really be noticed, and they detract from it. Besides, the website will be much more prominent in the loadscreen (it was modified), so that should take care of it.

For what I have seen, the new loadscreen is not very good at promoting the website. It should look like this:

www.eletd.com

Guest mrchak

I have to say that Designing Text is not as much fun as the graphics. But anyway, I tried something a little different to make BETA and Final stand out. If we use "Survivor" I don't think Survivor needs to stand out the same way.

The BETA and Final is sortof the same color as the pure elemental essence.

Preview%20graphic27%20(BETA).pngPreview%20graphic27%20(Final).pngPreview%20graphic27%20(Survivor).png

Guest Akatsuki

Don't you mean .blp? It's a smaller size and originally made for warcraft.

Guest Sancdar

I thought .blp files were for textures/models, not straight up images. Either way there are a bunch of converters just for use between .tga and .blp

Something just came into my mind: Is it possible that many if not most public players still don't know the meaning of "beta" or "rc"? So simply mentioning "beta" in the title gfx wont successfully prevent fakes or outdated versions?

I'm opting for some very clear message, like "This is an unfinished test version that is known to have bugs and balance issues!".

Maybe "Unfinished" or "Test version"?

The map preview image isn't really the most visible thing (loadscreen is of course). I think that Beta is sufficient, because the loadscreen will be plastered with information that points to the fact that it is a beta.

Guest Sancdar

Beta is pretty commonly known, but I doubt that RC is. That might be why the 3.0 RC gets hosted so much.

Sign in to follow this