EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Element TD Preview Image

I am looking for someone to tweak or redesign the Element TD map preview image. I am referring to:

eletdtk9.jpg

If you are interested, post here. I will email you the .tga file for you to edit.

Thanks

Guest mrchak

Hey dudes, I have the orignal source files for the image, since I made it - it was made using Photoimpact, so the original is a .UFO file, which has like 30 layers and different objects, alpha values etc... Plus each of the element symbols has its own file and stuff, so theres a lot of source files (easier than just editing a TGA file)

I'll zip it up and send it to Karawasa so its all available to whoever ends up redesigning the logo.

I think the elements should be arranged in a circle representing the proper strong/weak relationships.

light > dark > water > fire > nature > earth (>light again)

Guest energig

im gonna be honest, i think that logo fucking rules!!

just tweak it a little, dont try anything too drastic.

Guest Sancdar
I think the elements should be arranged in a circle representing the proper strong/weak relationships.

light > dark > water > fire > nature > earth (>light again)

Yeah, I've always wondered why it isn't in the right order.

Soon as I get the original file, I can fix it. I imagine it will be very easy to do :). But afterwards, I still would like to change the look somewhat. This is so that people can differentiate between the real and the fake versions.

Guest mrchak

The reason they're not in the correct order is that back when I made the logo... there wasn't an order! That was back on version 1.0, and if you're remember, there was no elemental attack/defense types. There was just elemental combinations for towers. So the order didn't matter.

I'm going to reorder them and make the logo say Element TD Final, post it and get feedback.

Guest mrchak

I re-ordered the elements, and put a nifty "Final" in there.

Preview%20graphic.jpg

Guest hyperprimate

The element icons looks good and the with the correct order the overall design is great. One thing that I don't think looks that good is the purple lines coming out of the darkness icon, maybe you could fade them out as they get further from the center rather than just end them. Why are there rays of light coming out of the darkness anyway? :P

I do not like the monotype corsiva font used for the title text.

btw, any plans to change the loading screen too? It's good looking as it is, but the elements in the right order would ne nice :)

Lost contact with the designer for that one. So, I guess not :(. As for this, I have to agree with primate about the text for "Element TD Survivor."

Guest Sancdar

I think the upper rays on Darkness should be shorter, or fade or something. Also the leafy effect on Nature needs to be flipped (maybe the whole icon?), so it protrudes rather than intrudes. Right now the text area is a little too cluttered, especially because the text is smaller and so it looks like it is shrinking away a bit. If the FINAL wasn't there, it would be a lot more centered which would also probably take care of the problem. Still, it looks neat.

Guest j`4`c`K`i`E

Actually the old Element TD image is set as my desktop wallpaper :P

I will change it to the new one, but only if it becomes better than the old image :P

I like Element TD images :oops:

gruzz,

j4cKiE

Don't like any of them to be honest. I feel all the text should fit into the circle, and the font for "Element TD," is terrible (no offense). I actually liked the first one you posted:

Preview%20graphic.jpg

The "Final," looks good in my opinion. Perhaps add some more "effects," to jazz it up. I don't know about the font of "Element TD Survivor," it is not bad at all, but could be better.

Guest hyperprimate

I like what you did to the darkness icon, looks great now. But I agree with Karawasa that all the text should fit into the circle, with some space between. I suppose "final" would look best if it was the same font as the rest and centered just like "element" but below "TD". Good idea to leave out "survivor".

I think the one with white/gray text looks the best, the tan/gold one looks too much like the earth icon, and the third version is cool but kind of hard to read.

Guest mrchak

Ok, I'm glad you like the darkness icon, I was very happy with the way that fade turned out.

I'll mess around some more tonight or tomorrow.

Guest Sancdar

Of those three, the first is definitely the best. The changes to the icons worked out well. Does it need to have "final" in it? If so, it definitely shouldn't be leaving the center and going into the icons.

Yes i do like the Darkness icon, and how it turned out.

But the fonts as allready said are to big.

And does it have to have the text "final" in it?

Couldnt it be another text, like New Era, or something.

Any suggestions?

Oh and could you do a youst a arrow like thing to all elements,

not arrows but so it looks more like:

Water -> Fire -> Nature -> Earth -> Light -> Darkness -> Water

Instead of:

Water -- Fire -- Nature -- Earth -- Light -- Darkness -- Water

Do you get my point?

Guest mrchak

I made changes last night, I didn't have a chance to post the image; I try different fonts, but I can't find anything I like better than the original Monotype Corsiva. If people have suggestions for the font, could you post the font name and I'll check it out.

I'll also try something that shows some dominating or movement between the elements

I think its important for the text to say "Final" or something like that to easily distinguish it from the other versions.

Guest mrchak

I've played around with different fonts and styles, this is where I am now

Preview%20graphic20.jpg

I realize people have said they're not too fond of the Monotype Corsiva, but I haven't seen any fonts that look better... Personally, I think it looks good. I'm still open to suggestions, of course.

Here's a FIRST DRAFT of a map preview with an indication of the elements overtaking each other in the cycle. I'm undecided about whether this makes the logo better or too complicated. I just threw it together to see what it would look like, let me know what you think.

Preview%20graphic21.jpg

I think the beta versions should say what beta version it is in the corner when it comes time to release betas.

Guest mrchak

Revised the 2 graphics to make the word "Final" a little lighter.

Preview%20graphic19L.jpgPreview%20graphic21L.jpg

Sign in to follow this