EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Redesigns

Here are the towers that I think should be redesigned. You are welcome to recommend the addition or subtraction of towers from this list, but please explain your reasoning.

Dual

-Moon Tower

-Death Tower

-Roots Tower

-Clay Tower

-Electricity Tower

-Money Tower

Triple

-Laser Tower

-Sludge Tower

-Undead Tower

-Tidal Tower

-Drowning Tower

-Metal Tower

-Dinosaur Tower

-Infernal Tower

-Gemstone Tower

-Glacier Tower

-Rainbow Tower

-Hail Tower

Discuss!

Guest Sancdar

I think Money and Metal should just be swapped element requirements.

Also, I don't think poison needs a complete redesign - maybe a scatter target function? For example, you can turn on an option that makes it attack the nearest target every attack. Perhaps give this a manacost so that it's still more effective to micro the tower fully.

Well I don't know how to make a scatter poison attack without any triggers.

But if you succed with one, could I please use it in my TD?

And now for suggestments.

Don't change the death tower, its fun to play with in random.

But I'm in for to delete the gold tower.

Not the elektricity it is fine, maybe only change elements.

The ranbow is pretty god for random two if you have a well with you.

Guest Sancdar
Well I don't know how to make a scatter poison attack without any triggers.

But if you succed with one, could I please use it in my TD?

On attack, wait X seconds where X is slightly under the attack cooldown, then order the tower to attack a new target. You can use AI to determine the new target, but just telling it to stop and having it auto-acquire might do fairly well.

I think the best way to aid this topic would be to make use of the "Potential Tower Abilities," topic.

I take "redesigned" as "axed and replaced". Most towers don't need that imo.

-Moon Tower

-Clay Tower

A bit weak, but a nice addition, as any single target slow. Makes a good build better. Keep.

-Poison Tower

Not so weak, but doesn't work on mechanical. Nice as it is.

-Money Tower

The +% on bounty effect is a good bonus, but the tower needs to be weaker that a non special effect damage tower. Make it a tripple, dmg slightly down.

-Death Tower

-Drowning Tower

-Crypt Tower

Insta-kill tower are a great addition on rnd, and suck on pick (until someone finally comes up with a way to use them on pick). But in rnd they are so nice, we should have some in the 3.1. Maybe only 2?

-Gemstone Tower

A bit cheesy, as you can easily mass stun an entire wave. Even on multiplayer, if it's samerandom.

-Roots Tower

Not as cheesy as gem, less usefull as single target slows, redesign.

-Metal Tower

-Infernal Tower

Multi shoot towers are a bit weak so far. Either they have to have enough damage to make up for their lack of dmg vs sinlge targets, or they should be duals.

-Dinosaur Tower

Great tower. Very short range and huge aoe damage. Hard to place, needs slow for optimum effect, uses totally different way to play it, gives deversity.

-Electricity Tower

The best single target long range tower, but still bad. Away with it.

-Laser Tower

-Hail Tower

I'd love to see a concept to make long range work, but so far it doesn't.

-Glacier Tower

Between ice and glacier, I'd like to keep ice. But we need a new aoe slow to replace glacier.

-Sludge Tower

Damage tower with a single target slow - nice idea, gives diversity. Only splash dark on the map.

-Rainbow Tower

Composite single target tower. If gold gets nerfed and lighning axed, the only composite sinlge target tower on the map. Gives diversity, keep.

-Undead Tower

-Tidal Tower

No opinion yet. I somehow like them though.. :)

Crypt and Money tower removed from list. Money is a nice addition, just needs nerfage. As for Crypt, I feel there should be at least one insta-death tower in the game.

Guest Sancdar

I think either Roots or Moon should stay (or Frostbite added). I like having an upgradeable "hold" ability.

Roots will probably become Frostbite. Moon will probably become possession tower. Thus, no single target disables will be lost, only improved :).

When I say become, I mean place won't be lost. The elements might be mixed up, or the ability renamed but the idea will stay.

Guest Sancdar

Well, it's arguable that Roots is superior to Frostbite as the idea has been put forth, but whatever.

Guest GkJ-mo

as mentioned earlier, instakill towers are a great thing to have on random games

but crypt+death are reduntant, change crypt :)

drowning ist differently nice by the way it deals water-splash (lower water towers have a VERY tiny radius)

Guest MasterTenor

I think that the basic towers should be revamped slightly -- right now, Earth and Fire towers are much better than the others.

I'm not saying that they should all be the same, but if you look at the difference between someone using a pure earth vs. a pure darkness, it's staggering.

Earth, fire and water are as balanced relatively to each other as it gets. Water is fast and good range, but smaller splash, earth has good range and splash, but slow rate and fire has good splash and speed but small range.

Relatively to duals and triples, e, f and w are about balanced imo, although I never really analyzed it so far.. Just a feeling after many games.

But dark, light and nature are weaker, because they lack splash and have range.

Imo the long range towers all suck and are impossible to balance for several reasons. But it would be a shame to lose long range as a concept. Diversity would suffer.

Guest Sancdar

Nature doesn't really have range, it just has crazy damage. Which...is terrible, overall.

Readded money to the list, which will be redesigned into Greed.

seriously?

Yes. It might not be a perfect idea, but I think that "Greed," is a better ability in every aspect compared to last hit money.

Removed poison from the list. Poison requires micro to be used at full potential, and that is something I want to encourage.

Er, you mean you removed it from the "to be changed list", so it's kept?

Good, I just recently got a liking to them. :)

Sign in to follow this