EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
kingkingyyk3

Element TD Non-Official (Requiring Beta Testers)

Since Warcraft 3 version is abandoned for a long time, I decided to improve it.

I would like to ask some of you to try out this map as beta tester, so that the bugs can be fixed.

I might stop the development at v5.2 (sub versions are included), as I will be quite busy on dealing with university application soon. ;)

As requested :

Since you all know what Element TD is about, I just omit those gameplay stuffs.

Changelog (Up to Beta 17) :

Tower Improvements :

• Reverted changes of Mushroom (and upgrades) tower from 4.3

• Spore Cloud
    • Send out a missle that will be spread into several missles, dealing AOE damage.
    • Damage : 300/1500/7500
  • Reverted changes of Poison (and upgrades) tower from 4.3

• Contamination
    • Send out an arc of poison that deals AOE damage.
    • Damage : 360/1800/9000
  • Reworked Dishenchant (Level 1 - Amplify 10% damage, Level 2 - Amplify 30% damage)
  • Napalm Level 2 now works identically with Starcraft II version.
  • Napalm lasts infinitely. (Until the unit dies)
  • Support towers boost rebalanced to 15%/30%/90%
  • Rebalanced Conjure Lightning

• Renamed to Cast Lightning.
    • Damage : 288/1440/7200
    • Damage amplication each bounce : 20%
    • Note : Total damage done is similar Conjure Lightning.
  • Rebalanced Pulverize :

• Chance : 50% (from 33%)
    • Damage : 2000/10000 (from 3000/15000)
  • Rebalanced Arbitrage (33%/66%)
  • Rebalanced Evaporate's primary damage to 120/600/3000, secondary damage to 60/300/1500
  • Disabled casting of Conjure, Spring Forward and Fire Up on Cannon/Arrow tower.

Abilities Interface :

• Icon updated :

• Cast Lightning
    • Afterlife
    • Impact
    • Magic
  • Smoothen Erupt animation.
  • Smoothen Orbit animation.
  • Added fading for Cast Lightning's lightnings.
  • Made the following into passive skills.

• Explode
    • Gaia's Wraith
    • Maledict

Gameplay :

• Improved codes by a lot for performance purpose.
  • Added tower selling gold message.
  • Added intro scrolling text.
  • Added latency checking to multiboard.
  • Mode selection dialog will be shown to host instead of Player 1.
  • Removed Interest Upgrade.

Requires Extra Testing

• Oblivion/Necromancy Tower

Any bug? Report here : https://forums.eletd.com/index.php?showtopic=3390

Note to Developers : To compile this map, please use NewGen 5d + Vexorian's Jasshelper 0.A.2.B. You may find some cheats in the map, those are for bug hunting purpose. Only users with name in the list will be able to access the cheats.

Element TD 5.2 B14.w3x

Element TD 5.2 B15.w3x

Element TD 5.2 B16.w3x

Element TD 5.2 B17.w3x

I'm glad to see that you are working on the WC3 version. What is a good way for beta testers to contact you? Can you post a complete changelog here for people to see?

I'm glad to see that you are working on the WC3 version. What is a good way for beta testers to contact you? Can you post a complete changelog here for people to see?

Updated main post as requested. :unsure:

Hi. Tested the map.

Seem a bit easier than 4.3b. Have the mobs lost any health since then?

Anyways, bug report:

Quark towers + damage buff (blacksmith) = The quark tower ability seems to go beserk. The damage on the tower itself is fine, but it's suddenly multiplied by thousands.

Guessing this should be manually excluded from receiving buffs to its ability.

Disregard that, figured that I used the old version.

Moving on to play the real one.

Damage increase for all upgrades should be 5x damage (except for Pure/Periodic)!

• Change Evaporate (secondary) to 60/300/1500 damage and double that for primary
  • Change Contamination to 360/1800/9000 damage
  • Make Napalm buff (Flamethrower/Flamespewer) last forever instead of 15 seconds
  • Change Disenchant back to 10%/30%...it should be equal to other support triples

Why did you rename all the towers? Can you rename them back? They should be different from StarCraft 2 because WarCraft 3 has a different theme. Also keep in mind that level one of a tower has hotkey = first letter of name (F = fire etc.).

"Support towers boost rebalanced to 30%/60%/90%"

Although I haven't gotten the chance to test this version out myself, that reeeaaally should drop for the level 1 and 2 versions. It's less a matter of elements required versus what combining the total possible number of support buffs you can pull. So with 5-element, you could do Well Level 2 and Forge Level 2 along with 4 level 2 triple support towers, which includes 2 damage amplification towers. That's 1.6 * 1.6 for your towers (2.56x stronger) and 70% damage amplification increase for the creeps, not to mention the slow which'll drop creeps to half speed (1 * 0.7 * 0.7).

For this reason, the Level 1 and 2 buffs for Well/Forge/Trickery in the SC2 version are much lower, namely 15%/30%, with Level 3 actually being super good at 90%.

Damage increase for all upgrades should be 5x damage (except for Pure/Periodic)!

• Change Evaporate (secondary) to 60/300/1500 damage and double that for primary
  • Change Contamination to 360/1800/9000 damage
  • Make Napalm buff (Flamethrower/Flamespewer) last forever instead of 15 seconds
  • Change Disenchant back to 10%/30%...it should be equal to other support triples

Why did you rename all the towers? Can you rename them back? They should be different from StarCraft 2 because WarCraft 3 has a different theme. Also keep in mind that level one of a tower has hotkey = first letter of name (F = fire etc.).

All done.

"Support towers boost rebalanced to 30%/60%/90%"

Although I haven't gotten the chance to test this version out myself, that reeeaaally should drop for the level 1 and 2 versions. It's less a matter of elements required versus what combining the total possible number of support buffs you can pull. So with 5-element, you could do Well Level 2 and Forge Level 2 along with 4 level 2 triple support towers, which includes 2 damage amplification towers. That's 1.6 * 1.6 for your towers (2.56x stronger) and 70% damage amplification increase for the creeps, not to mention the slow which'll drop creeps to half speed (1 * 0.7 * 0.7).

For this reason, the Level 1 and 2 buffs for Well/Forge/Trickery in the SC2 version are much lower, namely 15%/30%, with Level 3 actually being super good at 90%.

That was a typo. :P

Beta 15 is up!

Ok i will beta test the shit out of it since my frined and i have been playing ele for 2 years now,and love it!

Will report any bugs that we find here!

And have been looking for this forums for quite some time now:D

BUG: Trickery towers are able to clone 1 tower multiple times if multiple trickery(and above ranks of trickery) autotarget the same tower in the same time.

Expected result: Only the first trickery to target the tower should clone it (got 4 focused light in the price of 1,which was cool,but unfair).

Suggestion:

Ice,Frost and Sub-Zero,don't freeze targets,nor atleast slow them.

Either add a slow effect or change the towers names.

Helix deals too low damage for its price.

Disable Draft for more than 4 persons.

Will report with more bugs

Great map BTW!

BUG:

Race Elimination is not working!

Suggestions:

Evaporate is now useless,revert back.

Make interest rise every 10 levels by 0.5 %,that way we would have 5% on lvl 60 (4,5 effectively,if you don't ronald)

The reason interest upgrades were removed was because even with one interest upgrade, it was enough to allow someone to fill the entire map with towers due to interest abuse techniques. A suggestion of having it scale would eliminate the early interest abuse, which, in multiplayer games, might cause about 200-300 gold difference max, but once it goes over the standard 2% amount, you'd be surprised how much that adds up even if you only have a little bit of unspent gold. People would probably end up with 200k networth without interest abuse.

BUG: Draft Pick ain't working as it should.Will further test so I can explain the whole bug.But here's what I noticed so far:

If 2 players play,and slot 2 is unocupied the draft doesn't happen at all!It reverts to normal mode in its own

Even when players play in the right slots,we had 2 times the draft to malfunction if i as a host just click too fast after the mode selection.

Will test more.

edit:Typos

BUG: Draft Pick ain't working as it should.Will further test so I can explain the whole bug.But here's what I noticed so far:

If 2 players play,and slot 2 is unocupied the draft doesn't happen at all!It reverts to normal mode in its own

Even when players play in the right slots,we had 2 times the draft to malfunction if i as a host just click too fast after the mode selection.

Will test more.

edit:Typos

As far as I tried, it is not working even in 4.3b :o

True,never worked in 4.3.

Really a huge problem with the host recognizer.Only if we play in spots 1,2,3 etc,will it detect me as the host.If there is one empty slot and then a player,i have no idea how it works,but someone at random is selected.

Another bug.When anyone dies with a boss spawned,the boss keeps walking the path all the time.Nothing changes,but he should die at the end of his run atleast.

Another bug with no race elimination is that we actually had it working once, but no idea how.

CRITICAL BUG:

Instead of when you beat an element to get that elements powers,the power is given to you if the boss passes your gate.Furthermore if you let 1 pure element to pass twice,you automatically have 2 pure essences for using.

Expected result: Only when you kill an element should you be able to obtain his power, not before. I think if you fix that,the pure bug will go away, since it triggers if the element passes trough.

And i finally figured out how the host works.The third slot is actually the default host slot for some reason.It activates only if there is atleast 1 slot empty between players.

K i am back after a month,will start testing again,will report new bugs as i encounet them. Game on!

Add me on garena,the nick is the same if anyone wants to play some element td!

Sign in to follow this