EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Default Target Mode

Let's discuss changing the default targeting behavior (closest first) to something different for specific towers. Anything not mentioned would remain closest first. To start off;

• Disease = Lowest HP
  • Forge/Trickery/Well = Most Valuable
  • Poison = Highest HP
  • Life = Lowest HP
  • Money = Lowest HP
  • Celerity = Furthest Distance
  • Polar = Highest HP
  • Erosion/Jinx = Least Debuff

Thoughts?

Erosion and Jinx - targeting creeps that don't have the debuff.

The reason I'm not suggesting this on Muck and Barb is because by having them shoot the same target, it helps the creeps stack up better.

Regarding most valuable for forge/well/trickery, does that prioritize by gold value?

I'm liking this for targeting behavior changes.

Erosion and Jinx - targeting creeps that don't have the debuff.

Added.

Regarding most valuable for forge/well/trickery, does that prioritize by gold value?

Yes.

Polar and Incantation technically don't matter, since they're cast moves, but Polar probably should target based on highest hp anyways.

For Poison tower, when it targets with the highest hp, it does need to be different from polar and laser in that it actually continues to gun down that target rather than switching to a new target with higher hp.

i think this goes for all dmg towers aoe or single target(except if they benefit from other mechanics). they should rather target lowers hp, or target first target in range and stay on it until is dead or exits range.

for aoe towers depending on they re aoe, they could target the second third target so it will hit full splash.

also this targeting mechanic will be nice on hero too he also swaps targets to closest too fast.

i think support towers already have decent even good AI, most of them target most valued towers 75% of the time, and debuff properly for the ones that affect waves.

For Poison tower, when it targets with the highest hp, it does need to be different from polar and laser in that it actually continues to gun down that target rather than switching to a new target with higher hp.

Yup.

they should rather target lowers hp, or target first target in range and stay on it until is dead or exits range.

Towers already target closest and stay on it?

also this targeting mechanic will be nice on hero too he also swaps targets to closest too fast.

Good point. I find that annoying too.

they should rather target lowers hp, or target first target in range and stay on it until is dead or exits range.

Towers already target closest and stay on it?

no i doesn't seem so. if you pay attention to fruit levels where the creeps has enough hp and abilities to not be one shot, the towers be them aoe or single target, support or dmg, have a weird targeting. they definitely don't keep attacking until the mob is dead or OOR, or don't seem to keep on one target too long.

they do indeed target closest but i think there is the problem. they recalculate who the closest is(don;t know if every second or every 5 second ) and they swap to that new closest instead of keeping the dmg up on the first target.

The moment it passes out of range, even for a split second, they will find the new closest target, and this process will repeat.

Is there any tower in particular where you're having this problem? I figure short-ranged towers should be doing this all the time, but 12+ range towers tossed in the middle... shouldn't be happening to.

On a note, the changes listed in this thread were not included in patch 1.43. Were they forgotten or was there a change of heart about this?

On a note, the changes listed in this thread were not included in patch 1.43. Were they forgotten or was there a change of heart about this?

Neither. I just wanted to push out an update sooner rather than later. I'm going to do Disease, Poison, Forge/Trickery/Well, Life, Money, Celerity, and Polar for the next patch. I'm skipping Erosion/Jinx because they will be a headache to do (and not really needed since AoE).

Ahh, alright. Jinx/erosion really aren't needed anyways considering with the right positioning, they can be utilized to the same effect.

Sign in to follow this