EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Update Coming

I'm not sure it is possible to have more than one-dimensional selection in the lobby screen, so for every alternative, you have to double the number of game modes: you'd need nonmazing/defense, nonmazing/wars, mazing/defense and mazing/wars. Move the hero-nonhero selection to the lobby too and that's 8 game modes... at some point it becomes too complex. I'll let Karawasa be the judge of where the limit should be. ^^

The 2.0.5 patch works, but some projectile graphical models are off now. For instance, the money tower's projectile is now a kind of weird, big round ball that doesn't feel like a gold coin at all.

On another subject, I played with Windstrike yesterday - man, your mildew defense OWNS - also, please stay on EU - and we agreed that the game was too easy: in normal difficulty (and everyone picks normal difficulty) there is no real skill differentiation before the fruit wave, because weak builds can kill everything anyway. Also, there's no incentive for players to make progress: if their builds work, why would they research anything else ?

The current "very hard" seems to me a pretty good difficulty setting; I wish the game would be more centered around it. For instance, if all the creeps had 150% of their current HP, that would make the game 1.5 times as hard, which would be great: "easy" would still be a walk in the park, "normal" would be slightly challenging, and "very hard" would be a real pro skill test.

The Gem Tower Defense game, also available on SC2 Arcade, has some good ideas: you guys should check it out. For one, the difficulty system is very well-balanced, with 6 difficulty levels, the first 3 ones being a piece of cake and the last one being practically infeasible (but fun to fight against !). Also, the last wave is an invincible boss (or 10 invincible bosses in swarm mode, to test AoE towers) and the point is to do the most possible damage to the boss, for epeen purposes. There is a damage and DPS counter for every tower, which is very useful. I understand the fruit wave in EleTD accomplishes the same goal, but since the creeps regen, the focus is still on getting kills, not on dealing the most damage; not for the next version of course, but maybe in a future version, I would like to see a similar damage test :-)

I didn't necessarily agree the game was too easy. If the game's difficulty was buffed, the people that have no idea how to get anywhere would be in even bigger trouble. However, normal difficulty could use a slight buff. Mayhaps if normal was 80% of creep hp, and hard was 90% of creep hp.... I dunno.

I do like the idea of adding a 6th difficulty setting. Due to the HP cap, probably just an increase in damage reduction. It'd be roughly 50% harder though, so maybe 70% damage reduction. Twould be called Insane difficulty, I guess.

i think is variable type bound, like integer or i don't know the rest , did some programing long ago, have a cap on how high the number can be, same as in wow with the 264k old gold cap, after that you will start from 0 again.

i think this cap is bugging the max wave strength currently. if you get to the point the fruits get max hp, they will suddenly die from a random reason non related to towers, at least not dmg towers, it may be a support bug also combined with hp limits.

Sign in to follow this