EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
OmegaBlade

Deceit Towers Cloning the Same Tower More Than Once

I think I've got a few too many Pures...

starcraftii12pures.jpg

This is a weird glitch, because all logic suggests it shouldn't happen. But as you can see from the screenshot (and from the attached replay, starting just past the 35-minute mark) some of my towers are being copied by more than one Deceit tower at the same time. The Deceit tower on the left is supposed to be cloning my Artillery towers, but instead it's cloning my Pure Light and Pure Darkness towers.

I looked at the Artillery towers in the replay, and they do have the clone debuff which prevents them from being copied for another 60 seconds. What that tells me is that the left Deceit tower is trying to copy the Artillery towers, but for some reason the copies turn out to be Pure Light and Darkness towers.

I haven't figured out how to reproduce it yet, but it has come up a couple more times in my (Light+Darkness)-based builds. Experimentation has led to two further revelations:

1. It's possible for this to happen the other way around (namely, the right Deceit is cloning Artillerys instead of Pures).

2. This is fixable in-game by deactivating the glitched Deceit's auto-casting, and then manually re-casting the ability on each tower it's supposed to clone.

Now don't get me wrong, having 12 Pures is nice. But in the interest of fair play, this is kind of an exploit and it makes Deceit towers more OP than you guys probably intended. So look into it, please? Thanks. =D

Element TD _ Duplicate Glitch.SC2Replay

Ah, this bug. How to do this:

• Get a dozen deceit towers
  • Turn off the auto-cast on its clone ability
  • Have all of them cast it on one tower
  • Congrats, you have an extra 12 pure towers from one pure tower!

Yeah, reason you're getting this exploit is multiple trickeries cloning one tower at the same time. Since it's registering all of them at the same time, it doesn't recognize it as several clonings occuring but rather just one, at which point the "cannot be cloned" debuff occurs. Of course, it's too late by then. I don't know if this is a bug that can fixed or not, meaning this would just have to count as an exploit that we trust players not to do. I know someone else was telling me they did it with about 50 deceit towers cloning a single deceit tower for the lulz. In terms of multiplayer pub games, nothing can be done about an exploit (unless Karawasa is in the game who has the ability to kick people), but with replays, exploits just don't work.

EDIT: Actually, I can think of a way to fix this... to a degree. Know how you select multiple ghosts and tell it to snipe a target and only one of them goes off? Same could be applied to the buff towers. However, there's still a way to pull this bug/exploit off by simply upgrading a bunch of them at the same time.

Sign in to follow this