EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Challenge #1

All challenges must be played with the 3.0 version. They must be completed under normal game conditions. Very hard difficulty only.

Beat the game without any sort of AoE slowing tower.

Guest ibeyuranh

easy i even tried to combine all the other challenges as well. i had no aoe towers, it was on random, and very hard. no extreme, thats too hard.

however you gotta be lucky.

i mass arrow towers, mass the whole map, upgrade them all, then had various elements (depends since you random) i didnt leak all game.

you can probably survive until lvl 40 with arrow and element arrow towers, but if your lucky try to get the undead towers (overpowered IMHO) those do lots of damage and summons as well.

then after that it depends one what elements you get. um, all my games doing all the challenges i always had a hero so.. not sure how that work with the challenges. but i can swear i did all the challenges posted, well besides extreme mode, thats too hard unless you have the pitlord which reduces armor. but yeah.

Guest xSolmyRx
then after that it depends one what elements you get. um, all my games doing all the challenges i always had a hero so.. not sure how that work with the challenges. but i can swear i did all the challenges posted, well besides extreme mode, thats too hard unless you have the pitlord which reduces armor. but yeah.

I don't think any of the challenges were meant to be performed with heroes.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Guest ibeyuranh

hmm, then im pretty much didnt do any of the challenges.

Guest Ryukira

Did a version of Cisz except wwith pure earth, however i got lazy and leaked 18 units over 3 or so rounds cause i was beeing interest greedy-.-

Wait - don't we get titles anymore? What's up with the new challenge program? :?

Guest Teodoric

Tried something with mass roots+living flesh+well support(newl), but died on lvl 60 due to not microing the gemstones :(

Its full of mistakes, so its lot more viable than I tought. Still I think some way of getting throw early lvls without any good damage dealer except money. But money is boring and it could beat the challenge alone, so it doesn't count.

http://rapidshare.com/files/39908567/Al ... _.w3g.html

Maybe some thoughts to improve it?

Guest Sancdar

My thoughts:

You didn't need Light at all, you barely used it (did you even use Light2?). The first twenty levels shouldn't be that hard to handle with basic towers alone. You do a pretty good job of this prior to level 10, although a little slow. I suggest two interest picks right at the start, and then go into Clay or something. Maybe just one interest, and then one in the mid-game, whatever you can handle.

If you're planning on going Fleshies, you might want to get them going sooner. While the early experience isn't as much as what you get on the later levels, I don't think you got one of them out until level 40 or so. Even though regular Flesh Golems don't pound out the damage like their upgrades do, the experience they gain carries over, so even if your other towers are doing most of the damage it's still worthwhile to have at least one out.

Your Roots placement was pretty much terrible. Given that you were building almost exclusively at 3, Roots all over the map was actually hurting your build. The early towers were compressing the creep wave, because they'd slow the front few creeps without doing significant damage to them. If you're going to build Roots like that, you need to be putting your damage at 4, where it will end up being effectively a two-pass build because of all the stops on the creeps. You want to lengthen your total attack time, not drop it. I think that overall, your build would have lost several levels earlier in a multiplayer game, because it was kind of stalling. I noticed this especially at I think level 57, where a creep was locked up for like a full minute on a Roots or Brambles.

In conclusion: interest early, since you'll need the money. Build at 4, not 3. Try to get at least some splash damage, whether it be Pure Water or Pure Earth by the end. I suggest Pure Water, to deal with 58, because that probably will give you more trouble than 59. Also, you're already getting Water3 for Waterfall.

Guest TuN

Hi all. Kinda new to forum, but I've completed this challenge.

Here's my replay:

http://rapidshare.com/files/43841966/tun_challenge1.rar

I've used rainbow and gemstone combination of towers if anyone wants to know :)

Cisz

Wait - don't we get titles anymore? What's up with the new challenge program?

I'm wondering about this also.. I just love those titles.. that's why I went to complete this challenge :)

Guest Jacob
All challenges must be played with the 3.0 version. They must be completed under normal game conditions. Very hard difficulty only.

Beat the game without any sort of AoE slowing tower.

Done that... @ my introdution thread, i use darkness earth and fire, no fancy slowing towers... not even dots :P.

If you want a title then you have to prove what you actually did. Or even if you want someone to believe that you actually did what you claim that you did.

My tip: start saving replays, unless you don't care if others believe in what you claim you did.

Guest Silfarion

LOL i am not sure if i can even beat very hard mode :lol::lol::lol: i am not that good. i can barely beat normal. sort of between newbie and medium player.

Note how old this challenge is, it is a challenge for the 3.0 version of eletd. same goes for the other challenges. there are a few inofficial challenges for the 4.0 public beta, and also there is the Great Ronald Hunt for 4.0pb but the hunt requires VeryHard as well.

Guest JadeCamel

1 Hour 6 Minutes, I did it, with very few lives to spare, and a lot of mistakes.

But I give props to myself for doing this while also nursing a sick kiddo

:lol:

NoAoESlow.w3g

Hi JadeCamel, welcome to the forums. :)

If you want anybody to watch your replays, you should stick to the rules about map names and folders.

You may have a chance that somebody will change his folder structure to watch this replay, but that would be pure courtesy. ;)

We have a new version, the old challenges are closed now.