EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Welcome emjlr3

I want to announce that the Element TD team has a new coder, his name is emjlr3.

I have worked with emjlr3 in the past, he coded virtually everything (JASS related, which was a lot) for my other map, Tropical Tag.

emjlr3 is very talented with JASS, he is also dependable and fast. I can say with certainty that this is a boon, and that the community can look forward to the map being put out sooner because of this.

welcome Emjlr3 ^^

i think u code the best td map on bnet ;)

and i hope u know make happy many many players to release this map with other guys who make a very good job ;)

see u soon, maybe on bnet for a GG

Guest emjlr3

i don't pretend to be a good map maker, nor a great idea conjurer, all I can do is make ideas into functional parts of a map

if there is something you would like to see in the map, or that Karawasa or myself would benefit from hearing, plz do no hesitate to get in contact with us

I cannot come up with great stuff myself, however, with the genius of MrChak and Karawasa behind the map, and continuing ideas and support from the community, we will accomplish great things

:)

all I can do is make ideas into functional parts of a map

For what Karawasa told me in the irc, you are a very valuable coding force. For many projects, making the damn thing happen is the hardest part.

Great to have you in the team. :)

@emjlr3

Let me bump this to raise a question.

Your nick keeps confusing me. Could you explain it to me? Or hint how to pronounce it? :)

Guest The)TideHunter(

Its nice to know i was kicked off the team, no email or notice. Thanks alot.

I was the one who brought up the idea of the new EleTD in the first place.

I wish i never even made you the offer now, i get back off my holiday to find this, great. Well good luck with this map, personally i hope it fails now though, your really sad, Karawasa.

Was nice knowing you. Bye.

What we feel is that you youst disappeared.

And you had some ideas that would ruin the whole consept.

@tidehunter

Karawasa was desperately trying to contact you over quite some time. I had contact with him in that period and "no email or notice" can't be true.

Guest emjlr3

ive seen you posting at wc3c for months......some vacation, could not even stop here during your internet breaks....

according to Kara, you had infinite summer time, and when that summer time came, you disapeared for months w/o a word, and could not be contacted, do not be sour because you neglected a promising project

Besides, you can allways help this map. If you want to be part of it, you can. And what's with the "no e-mail", you should sort that out with karawasa.

I wish i never even made you the offer now, i get back off my holiday to find this, great. Well good luck with this map, personally i hope it fails now though, your really sad, Karawasa.

I'm surprised to see such a post in light of the circumstances. So, we shall go through this one by one.

[*]I tried contacting you several times on MSN to let you know that you were let go. I wanted to do it in person, but you were never on. I know you got my offline messages, which said "we need to talk." Forgive me for trying to be POLITE.[/*:m:2zj4pceu]

[*]It is true that you offered to help, and that is what started up this project. It is ironic though, that you ended up not being helpful. That is the reason why you were given the boot, because in the end you were bringing the project down.[/*:m:2zj4pceu]

[*]You would disappear for days at a time without notice. Worse though, several weeks into your supposed "unlimited free time period," nothing was produced. At last, you produced one spell that didn't work, and you didn't even take the time to test it. I should have kicked you off weeks earlier, but you kept telling me you would "have it done in a couple of days."[/*:m:2zj4pceu]

Taking into consideration everything, I must say that you are a disgrace to the WarCraft 3 modding community. If you agree to help code for a project, you should try and actually do something. Worse still, is that YOU are the reason this project started up, and then you let it down completely. I was very disappointed in working with you, and do not wish it upon any other project. Learn from emjlr3, he tells you upfront what his schedule/timeline will be, and then makes good on it.

Guest The)TideHunter(

I'm surprised to see such a post in light of the circumstances. So, we shall go through this one by one.

[*]I tried contacting you several times on MSN to let you know that you were let go. I wanted to do it in person, but you were never on. I know you got my offline messages, which said "we need to talk." Forgive me for trying to be POLITE.[/*:m:10tien9e]

[*]It is true that you offered to help, and that is what started up this project. It is ironic though, that you ended up not being helpful. That is the reason why you were given the boot, because in the end you were bringing the project down.[/*:m:10tien9e]

[*]You would disappear for days at a time without notice. Worse though, several weeks into your supposed "unlimited free time period," nothing was produced. At last, you produced one spell that didn't work, and you didn't even take the time to test it. I should have kicked you off weeks earlier, but you kept telling me you would "have it done in a couple of days."[/*:m:10tien9e]

Taking into consideration everything, I must say that you are a disgrace to the WarCraft 3 modding community. If you agree to help code for a project, you should try and actually do something. Worse still, is that YOU are the reason this project started up, and then you let it down completely. I was very disappointed in working with you, and do not wish it upon any other project. Learn from emjlr3, he tells you upfront what his schedule/timeline will be, and then makes good on it.

I cant believe im coming back to this place, this is definatly the last time im bothering looking on here.

I didnt recieve ANY email from a certain point, i was wondering what the fuck was going on and that was before my holiday.

I log on half way through my holiday on msn, find a message from Kara saying loads of stuff, i wrote back saying more stuff (i dont remember exactly what he or i said), then i got no more replies, nothing.

And you expect me to go through a forum with everything in white? No way to find out that ive been booted, no emails, no msn contact, no nothing.

And the lot of you, grow up, Kara could say anything and you'd believe it, just cause he says something doesnt mean its true, i didnt get a email, i didnt get anything.

And the spell i made does work, its just that YOU dont know how to use it, you cant bearly change a constant function value, i have the spell with me and it works fine, you are the problem. Don't say stuff doesnt work when you dont understand it in the first place.

And im a disgrace to the wc3 mod community? Your only doing this to enlarge your "entrepreneur" title, like you have a passion for map making? Your only doing this so your cheap google ads make you another "$1000" dollars like last time. Like you care about anybody here, your using them to get what you want, money.

I've done a lot for the wc3 community, i dont take other peoples maps, edit them and hope that people think you made the map.

And learn from emjlr3, rofl. Why would i want to? like ANYBODY who is anybody cares about the wc3 community these days, wc3 is dead. Theres been 1000 new decent games and other stuff to do than wc3.

And i actually have a life, i do other stuff than make a map that would be unsuccessful in our day and age, an obsolete game will get you no where these days, spending hours of work on what? A 2mb file thats gonna go towards nothing.

But i surpose thats what you want, aslong as people go on your site and click a ad your happy.

Bye, nub.

I don't think it so. Everybody here has got his own life, and I know it's not easy to live it but most of us do this for fun, entertainment, passion or selfdetermination. If you enjoy what you do, it brings you somewhere, even if it's just a personal goal.

The point is, taking a big projekt with tons of working hours is hard to take in cooperation with all participating parts. We are all of us participating more or less in this projekt, younger, older, experienced players, inexperienced ones, programmers,... we got all opinions and ideas about how and when which things have to be done, this is the point where tons of work clash with our expectations, and it's important to be flexible. If not, your expectations will grow more important than the goal itself which you wanted to reach, it just stops making fun.

Most of us will receive no medal for the time we spend here, we know that when the credits section of the game comes up, our nick will not be there, we will cross nobody on the steet saying oh yes you are the etd mapmaker, and sometimes not all our efferts will be apreciated by others, we just do it for joy and our "own-life" hasn't much to do with it.

If you start a personal projekt for yourself you should think about your expectations first, this is a community and we work all together, if possible 'till the end, if not, it's ok, everybody will understand it, we all have other important things in our lives. Elseway it ends up with bad words.

I'm glad you finally found in the forum a way to communicate, which i think is one of those things that seem to have failed, and it will remember all of us how much hard work is needed to make a good map. Keep up the good work, follow your goals, it makes you grow up.

I cant believe im coming back to this place, this is definatly the last time im bothering looking on here.

I didnt recieve ANY email from a certain point, i was wondering what the fuck was going on and that was before my holiday.

I log on half way through my holiday on msn, find a message from Kara saying loads of stuff, i wrote back saying more stuff (i dont remember exactly what he or i said), then i got no more replies, nothing.

And you expect me to go through a forum with everything in white? No way to find out that ive been booted, no emails, no msn contact, no nothing.

And the lot of you, grow up, Kara could say anything and you'd believe it, just cause he says something doesnt mean its true, i didnt get a email, i didnt get anything.

And the spell i made does work, its just that YOU dont know how to use it, you cant bearly change a constant function value, i have the spell with me and it works fine, you are the problem. Don't say stuff doesnt work when you dont understand it in the first place.

And im a disgrace to the wc3 mod community? Your only doing this to enlarge your "entrepreneur" title, like you have a passion for map making? Your only doing this so your cheap google ads make you another "$1000" dollars like last time. Like you care about anybody here, your using them to get what you want, money.

I've done a lot for the wc3 community, i dont take other peoples maps, edit them and hope that people think you made the map.

And learn from emjlr3, rofl. Why would i want to? like ANYBODY who is anybody cares about the wc3 community these days, wc3 is dead. Theres been 1000 new decent games and other stuff to do than wc3.

And i actually have a life, i do other stuff than make a map that would be unsuccessful in our day and age, an obsolete game will get you no where these days, spending hours of work on what? A 2mb file thats gonna go towards nothing.

But i surpose thats what you want, aslong as people go on your site and click a ad your happy.

Bye, nub.

I'm sure you won't be checking this again, but I want to clear this up for other people who are a part of this community. You've gone to great lengths to prepare a few paragraphs of flame, so I'll give you the satisfaction of a response.

[*]That "loads of stuff," I sent you was me saying everything you needed to know. Interesting that during your "absolute free time," it took you over a month to finally reply. I think this fact alone destroys any credibility you may have had.[/*:m:cg86nwzc]

[*]The spell you made did not work. You even posted saying you should have tested it, and would look over it to see why it was broken. I deleted the post, but I know emjlr3 saw it because we had discussed it at one point. You're trying to blame me on implementation, yet I have had 0 problems implementing emjlr3's spells. I'm sure emjlr3 will attest to the fact that I can do more than "barely change a constant function value."[/*:m:cg86nwzc]

[*]You attack me by saying that I do not have a passion for map-making, and that I am doing this for cash from ads. I've spent a fair amount of my summer working on this, and the return is not equal to even a tenth of what I would have made working instead. I enjoy this project, otherwise I wouldn't be doing it. As for the community, I paid $97 to transfer the domain to my name so that I could setup these forums, I'll let you figure that one out.[/*:m:cg86nwzc]

[*]Claiming that I took this map, and edited it hoping that people will think I made it is ridiculous. You will notice that MrChak is credited as the Map Author, both on the forums and in-game. The fact that he is posting here should alert you to the fact that I did not "take," the map.[/*:m:cg86nwzc]

[*]Your attitude towards WC3 is apparent, which makes me wonder why you approached me to start this project in the first place.[/*:m:cg86nwzc]

Your entire post is just spewing out flaming lies, you really are immature. You should grow up, and accept the fact that you dropped the ball. I will thank you for one thing though, and that is for contacting me in the first place. This project has come a long way, and I am excited about it.

Guest Pelado_Diamond

Bye, nub.

Sorry to enter on this all this talking and arguing but...you really think that?wc3 community is dead?LOL?Just check at GG Client right now... 20000 people playing a dead game at this right moment...(Many of them playing ELE TD)

See this forum that grows everyday...Or go see some sites like epicwar that get looooooots of new maps everyday...

Sorry to get in this but reading that really make me laugh...wc3 is dead?AHUAUHAAUHAHUHUAUHAHUAUHAHUAUAHUHUAHhUA

But seriously, how much do you earn with the google ads?

Usually about $1 a day, $2 if it is a good day. So far today, I've made 47 cents.

Guest emjlr3

he maintains the site, he maintains the map, so he keeps any profits the two combined make - maintenance costs

though I must say, 25cents or so a day for working on this would not be bad :)

.25*30*1.5 = 11.25 to date :)

Guest Malak

Well, WC3 was never really that good to begin with. But the engine is nice and the mod community is awesome. I only bought WC3 for the mods :P