EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest left.side

Pure Towers

Guest left.side

Did the population cap on pure towers exist in previous versions of this map?

Would removing it change the game dynamic significantly?

If so, for better or for worse?

Guest 1mpulse

yeah its existed. well at least in 2.

and it would change the game majorly. for worse.

i dunno how to explain it, get one of the pros to go into balance.

A pure tower is to cheap. It does ten times the damage of a refined, for only like 4,5 times the cost. I'd say every pure you build equals 8-10k extra gold.

Given the choice I would build no damage towers but pures.

(Read more if you like.)

Guest mrchak

exactly, they have to be limited or else players would build them and nothing else; the cap is there (among other reasons) to promote a diversified build strategy.

(And to give you something to look forward to at level 52)

Guest Sancdar

Well, money is often the limiting factor. I say this as someone who's gotten a million gold in multiplayer though, so obviously it's not always the case.

The dmg/gold ratio of pures is so high that you win damage if you sell at 75% to get more pures. So the networth is the limit, which won't be below 72k. That's at least three pures.

Guest left.side

I understand that pure towers are incredibly efficient. I was more curious as to why they were set up this way in the first place.

I'm new to this map, but I've yet to see anyone actually take essence in a pick game/build a third pure in a -sr game (at least pre-Ronald). Building one or two is a no-brainer, but by the time they are affordable any more just seem like overkill.

Yes, a third pure before ronald is rare. It has been done for racing purposes or fooling around though. :)

My highest was 8 pures, but I died.

Guest left.side

How did you stretch out the waves long enough to accrue that sort of interest with pures on the map? Or were they built all at once for 60?

Guest left.side

I assume goldmine is getting hit with the nerf stick for 4.0? I need to poke around the dev forums more.

Guest mrchak

Gold will be a triple, instead of a dual (as it is planned) and so it will have 2 levels. Its ability will be a little different, rather than giving you 33% extra bounty for its kills, it will convert its damage into gold after each attack. The exact numbers are unknown to me right now, but thats the idea.

Guest Sancdar

Man, Cisz, you have to try to do a 10 pure game. Can you get as many Essences as you want?

You can't get more then 10 obviously, but I never tried for the lack of gold. Even with goldmine I could hardly afford 7.

Guest Cataras

It is not possible without either gold towers or stalling. Tried lwf once with level 3 in fire and i could hardly afford one before i died to lvl 46+48.

There is a way to get 9 pures though. :)

(Cisz innocently starts tft..)

Guest mrchak

If you pick your favorite element 3x and nothing but pures, and if you could survive to level 60 with enough lives, and about 90,000 in net worth (is that possible?), you could do the following:

Kill all evil children except one.

Sell all towers (you'd be down to 67,500 gold)

Just let him leak leak leak... (how long does it take for him to walk a full loop around?) If you can survive for 14 minutes then you'd have 200k gold. that should be enough for about 10 pures...right?

Is this possible?

Guest Cataras
If you pick your favorite element 3x and nothing but pures, and if you could survive to level 60 with enough lives, and about 90,000 in net worth (is that possible?), you could do the following:

Kill all evil children except one.

Sell all towers (you'd be down to 67,500 gold)

Just let him leak leak leak... (how long does it take for him to walk a full loop around?) If you can survive for 14 minutes then you'd have 200k gold. that should be enough for about 10 pures...right?

Is this possible?

The game would be crap if this would be possible - so NO! In 3.0 you can not beat the game with only one element.

You mean with one element and no interest.

The game has been beaten with earth only and mass interest.

Guest mrchak

I don't think you could beat the game with one element and no interest in a competitive multi-player game. It may be possible solo just as an experiment.

Agreed, though I don't think it's possible at all.

And I'm done with 9 pures.

There are 4 known reliable ways to max out gold. This is one of them:

>> 9 Pures <<

(130 life, 1.606.513 networth, 259 Ronalds)

Guest Sancdar

Without watching it I predict 3 earth and 1 nature.

The game would be crap if this would be possible - so NO! In 3.0 you can not beat the game with only one element.

I just did only light. That particular play wouldn't have been viable in multiplayer though, but I bet you could do one in a friendly game that would work. Especially if you used a different element.

Without watching it I predict 3 earth and 1 nature.

130 life with earth and nature? ;)

Guest Sancdar

Oh, that's what you did. Nice. I didn't notice the life count.

Sign in to follow this