EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Asfy

ETA on beta testing

Guest Asfy

signed up for the group and was wondering if there's any set date when beta testing would start?

i play eleTD religiously and would love to give new version a try :oops:

The enthusiasm is appreciated. Development will start early next week. There is no set date for the start of Beta Testing, but I imagine it would begin the week after.

Guest xSolmyRx

I can't wait.

It's time to get Ele TD back into shape.

I'm overly excited about the upcoming version. :)

Guest xSolmyRx

Hehehe... Yeah. Been browsing through the forum, watching replays, instead of going to bed. It's 7am now. And I have to be at work just after 8. :/

SLEEP NEEDED!!!

Guest sillyboy_tomato

I joined as well:P

Will help beta-testing it in GG as well, (sometiems there are probs with certain maps)

testing the next version is very interresting

and must be a very good pleasure

i wait with others starting beta test

it s very very cool ;)

Guest Jman5

So, I'm sure there will be a big announcement about beta testing, but, I'm just wondering if we can expect to see it shortly?

Also, thank you for adding me to the dev. Team. I was very active during the last beta testing, and I hope to contribute more. So is there a special Development section?

Jman5, yes there is. You should have access to Major/Minor changes forum. Also, there will be an announcement for Beta Testing. As for when, I'm hoping to have it out by the end of next week at the very latest.

Guest lumber_of_the_beast

Is there any particular reason why I haven't been accepted into the beta test group yet?

Guest GkJ-mo

maybe because your very first post here is a complaint?

Guest Sancdar

Karawasa did say that he preferred beta testers to be active in the forums.

Guest lumber_of_the_beast
maybe because your very first post here is a complaint?

Well, I'm not very creative. Hell, the best I've thought up so far is a Targetting Tower (lw? ld? Definitely light-something... maybe replace the useless Laser towers?) that increases the range of nearby towers, and I'm fairly certain that 1) someone has suggested that before and 2) It wouldn't be a very good tower anyway, though still better than Laser.

Anyway, my point is, EleTD Final is still in early development, and I don't have all that much I can do at this point. If I have any ideas which are actually good, I'll merrily submit them. Until then, I just sit, watch, and play the occasional random match on 3.0.

Guest Sancdar

You could try joining the Dev Team, those forums are more active I think.

The fact is that he took the time to post here requesting to be on the team. He obviously is at least somewhat serious about it, so I would be happy to add him on. You (and everyone else) should join the development team as well, more people discussing the better.

Back on-topic, there are some delays and such. First, the coder is quite busy this week. Second, there is a shortage of ideas brainstormed. Not a guarantee, but something should be ready to beta test in a few weeks at most.

Guest Lajm

For how long do you need to have played Ele TD to be a Beta Tester?

Guest echofly
There is no required time. All you need is a good understanding of the game.

How much do you need to know? I'm not good at playing it although I play it for fun as one of my top games on WC3.

Beta Testers will be testing the beta versions to report any bugs/balance issues that they find. Even without a lot of skill or deep knowledge, you could at least still bug test.

Guest Sancdar

Also, it's always good to see balance issues on lower difficulties or from less experienced players.

Guest minddrifter

I just found out about this Element TD a couple weeks ago, and can't quit playing it. I think it's a really fun game and I just put in a request to join the beta team. If I'm going to be playing Element TD all the time, I might as well do something to help in the process. ;) I look forward to helping. (I wonder what can be done on StarCraft II...)

Sign in to follow this