EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

Challenge Suggestions

This thread can contain sugguestitions for challanges, I heard those were wanted (if I'm wrong, steal my yoghurt).

Well, i can begin with mine:

I sugguest a challange based on interest farming. Can be done in many ways. There can be rules such as no gold towers or slow towers or disables if the goal is to reach x gold at lvl y. And ofc rules such as no leak. That's te best hint i can give for now.

Guest ClickClick

Hmm... Taking the idea of your challenge, heres an example I can give xD

Have enough money to build 2 normal arrow towers and 5 super arrow towers by lvl 5... Not sure if its possible, i usually can only build 4 supers and 2 normals.. Good Luck =D

or try this.. survive as long as possible using only cannons and arrows (elemental cannons and arrows allowed) you are allowed to play as slow as you want...

The challenge system is about to change and challenges of the format "as much/little as possible" will probably be problematic then.

For example: GipFace is the fastest eletd racer, so only he can win the challenge?

I'd rather use the form of "less/more than X" for a normal challenge. For example "survive w/o summonning an elemental till wave 34".

Guest Sancdar
Hmm... Taking the idea of your challenge, heres an example I can give xD

Have enough money to build 2 normal arrow towers and 5 super arrow towers by lvl 5... Not sure if its possible, i usually can only build 4 supers and 2 normals.. Good Luck =D

Playing quickly, I can get 4 supers and 1 advanced. That's 37 gold short. You'd have to play like 4 minutes slower in 5 levels, I don't think that's possible...

@Clickclick - This challenge is a bit boring imo, as the gameplay involved is to short. So as a result the sollution will either be impossible or easy.

Guest Warcryptic

Maybe just a ranking challenge, who can get the fartest with just arrow/cannon, by taking holepercents idea. Its then a challenge to compare to each other, and youll learn how the other did it better then you by placement or being an interest btchXD. This kind of compare ideas i would like to see.

About the basic towers experiment: I've done that, and its a bit boring. :) At wave 31 or so the entire map is coverend with arrows. No more building. Maybe you find a way to make usefull micro, but I doubt it. And afaik you will always leak on wave 33.

Since filling the whole map doesn't exactly leaves alternatives, I don't see the point of making this challenge. Or do you think that a mixture of cannons and arrows will do better against healing or fast creeps? I doubt it.

But you can ofc play this as you own challenge. If you end up with anything less boring than "map filled with arrows, leaked at 33, died at, dunno, 35 maybe", we can talk again. :wink:

Coming to think of it, maybe that could be a challenge, although a bit easy:

Fill the entire map with maxed basic towers. You are not allowed to leak. You are not allowed to summon an elemental. Interest is allowed ofc.

What do you think about this version? For beginners?

[For MagicalHacker: Total number of element picks = 0; total number of leaks = 0; total number of towers = "map filled, someone should check that number"]

Guest Warcryptic

I understand that its not really a challenge to compare, but maybe we can think of challenges that do

Fill the entire map with maxed basic towers. You are not allowed to leak. You are not allowed to summon an elemental. Interest is allowed ofc.

-start building at the slowest areas and expand to the normal, finally the fast areas. there is nothing much to it...

ok. for my challenge

survive until lvl 40 using only cannons and arrows. Elemental arrows, cannons and interest are allowed.

this would allow for decisions on element picks to maximise dmg and survivability.

That sounds a lot better to me. You can eventually get all elements and rebuild a lot to change damage. The 40 - is that hard or easy? I can't tell. :wink:

Guest Cataras
For example: GipFace is the fastest eletd racer, so only he can win the challenge?

Yeah, in my opinion he should be the only one to win the challnge. This is of course a bit offtopic but i believe that if you restrict the number of people who can win certain challenges this will increase the competitive aspect of them.

i survived until 30plus in one game playing the challenge (before i posted it here) but that was on chaos pick on the beta (don't ask me why i picked that mode and decided to play a challenge like that)..

off-topic: some challenges should have only one winner... maybe multiple rounds of it but each round only has one winner. then after 4-8 rounds (if it's that popular or there is still interest), have all the winners play a round to decide on the final winner... the final winner would then be given a different title (eg fastest eletd player) while the rest gets something else (like speedrun #2 winner)...

Let me explain:

There are plans for an eletd ladder, and this would involve awarding points for won challenges. The system would be automated in great parts.

The challenges would be winnable once for every player, and there are no plans to take away points.

ok.. for the arrows and cannons challenge.. it should be possible to reach 40 after the build is optimised. i died at 38 playing a very rough plan (with bad micro/selling and rebuilding to match dmg)...

the eletd ladder would be a very good addition...

Guest Sancdar

I got to 44, that's close to the limit. I think it's impossible not to leak on 42, since it's non-elemental. With a better technique, you might be able to make it to 46, but you're not getting through where I was without at least some leaks. I had every space on the map filled, and you can only rebuild so quickly...

Replay Here

Guest Sancdar

It's not like you have that many options. You take 2 or 3 levels of interest, then start going on elements.

what about the order of the elements? and the difference between using arrows only or cannons only or combination of both and to what extent....

Guest Sancdar

I suppose I should check arrows vs. cannons. I generally use arrows to mass because I'm less likely to slip and hit X and waste lots of time rebuilding. As for element order, in any set of 5 levels there is at least one element that isn't weak to any of the levels but is strong against at least one of them. You figure it out.

early testing showed that i could get through with less towers using cannons compared to arrows...

i picked elements on that as well as to handle the healing levels...

:!: (my first plan started with the elements straight away, starting with water at lvl 5 )

(and i haven't watched your replay...while improving my own game... i'll watch it after i clear lvl 40...) :wink:

Guest Sancdar

I just tried cannons out, and while they are probably more efficient at dealing damage you need to swap to arrows later on. Arrows do better on the final possible levels because you're more likely to score kills on creeps even if you don't have as high a damage output. Basically, if they leak, it doesn't matter whether they are at 90% or 30%, it's still a life lost and you'll kill them either way the second time around.

Plus, with all the money you make using only cheap towers, using a small number doesn't matter all that much. You still have boatloads of cash by the time you should be having trouble.

Oh, and arrows work better for healing levels again, because creeps that die don't heal any more, and minor splash damage doesn't have much of an impact to healers.

Edit: The other problem with cannons is that you have to constantly micro them away from hitting the first creep in line so that they do splash damage in both directions. When you've got over 100 towers it's a real pain in the ass.

i just realised that lvl 30 onwards require the addition of much more towers than earlier waves. i underbuilt and lost my last game at 41... my last game had me building arrows at the long pass(ie VII, V, I, II) and cannons at the 2-pass locations. most rebuilding were at the long pass positions.

and that's a lot of micro, selling and rebuilding in that replay. can't do it well so i usually use supers. usually don't sell in middle of waves...

ok.. i think i'll create a new thread to discuss this challenge and leave this thread to discuss challenge SUGGESTIONS.

continue this challenge's discussion on http://www.eletd.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3140#3140

Sign in to follow this