EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Element TD 1.0

All I can say is, this will either make or break us. Njoy!

Changelog:

-Introduced Element Tower Wars!

post-2-1322458387_thumb.jpg

-XP is no longer lost when on random mode

-Lowered XP requirements for levels across the board (higher xp hit hardest)

-Reduced the size of the leaderboard and shrunk the text size slightly

Haha, hey Kara, you might want to create a sticky, where you describe on how to get the latest map ;) (and put a link to it into every changelog :P )

@kvic: just go and play the map online. You'll automatically get the latest one.

First impression.

I must pray to ppl select tower wars mode.

Exp is shared with tower defense :(

Nobody send me waves, so I spend my min on some towers and send composites (highest income)

Im out of minerals...still no waves on me...bored..nothing to do..

Suddenly other players with tons of minerals due to wave killing send me tons of creeps...cant kill then with my lvl 1 towers...I lost...and lost exp...

First impression.

Nobody send me waves, so I spend my min on some towers and send composites (highest income)

Suddenly other players with tons of minerals due to wave killing send me tons of creeps...cant kill then with my lvl 1 towers...I lost...and lost exp...

Sorry to hear. Two things come to mind. First, you must be smart about sending creeps. Remember, you only get mineral/element point for alive creeps. So time your spawns to coincide with income better. You should be able to at least make back your money (composite creeps) if done right. Second, if you don't send element creeps then you're stuck with Ray and Grenade. You must unlock elementals for better defense.

Just played my first game too, here's my first impressions:

Started off with a full house, all but 2 and me quit in the first few minutes when they couldn't figure things out.

Took us a little while to figure out a few important aspects, but we did get them by the end of the first game. Those were:

It is pointless to send besides just before the income timers, the guy that figures this out first won.

You get elementals by sending a ton of creeps of that element.

Creeps will only send if you select all the appropriate boxes, forget to pick a person and I Don't think they will go.

I'm sure there is still more for me to learn.

The first while we were just figuring it out, no one sent anything to me at all, so I tried to send as aggressively as I could, and didn't get too overwhelmed when the guy next to me quit and all of a sudden I got flooded. One player would send in bursts, he would either send a TON, or nothing at all, so you could not slowly build up, you had to be prepared. I finally got one water element and started with one water cannon tower and one water element tower. At that point both opponents started sending at me an insane amount, and one of them sent nothing but darkness creeps, so I got my ass handed to me as I didn't have time to send tons of creeps to get a new element, and I had spent everything I had on new composites that weren't enough to save me. It seems the cost of deciding on an element is very high, you can't do any normal builds as the waves will be whatever element someone wants them to be, so you probably should not build any element tower unless you can also build it's counter. Next time I'll get water and light before I build anything.

This looks like it can be a lot of fun, but it is going to be serious business. Like the real SC2 you have to be on your A-game at all times, paying attention to your base, the enemy, the income timer, and other stuff all at once. It should be fun but I will definitely play the old version too when I want a relaxing casual game.

It is pointless to send besides just before the income timers, the guy that figures this out first won.

I would disagree. Since creeps come out in waves you have to send before income expires so that some are out when it hits. Timing depends on amount sent.

This looks like it can be a lot of fun, but it is going to be serious business. Like the real SC2 you have to be on your A-game at all times, paying attention to your base, the enemy, the income timer, and other stuff all at once. It should be fun but I will definitely play the old version too when I want a relaxing casual game.

Glad you like it. Indeed, this new mode is serious business. You described the factors to be considered well.

First impression.

Yeah, there REALLY needs to be something done about players not getting targeted. This might work - you know when you target someone and try sending 60 creeps but it says that there are too many creeps? What if it then decides to auto-send it to someone else that doesn't have any creeps (except yourself, obviously)?

Sign in to follow this