EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Element TD 0.86c

Changelog:

-Fixed Storm (DLW) buff tooltip error

-Increased Hail Tower (DLW) projectile speed (lag reduction)

-Poison Tower (DW) nerfed to 25 damage down from 35

-Fixed Radius (DFL) orbs not displaying properly

-Added XP to the multiboard

-Experience can now be lost! Loss is equal to (Level/5)*1/2/4/6/7 (VE-VH). Loss occurs upon death/quit.

Wait so you lose more experience the harder the difficulty :o?

Yup. Essentially if you lose before finishing the game it nullifies all XP you got every 5 levels.

seems like the 'correct' play becomes either play the easiest difficulty to be sure to complete the game, or play the safest build (aka mono pestilence/trickery)

Umm, I know I've been out of the loop and all, but that XP loss thing sounds really mean.

What's the motivation?

Why should a player keep the XP he got for progressing through the levels if he can't complete the game? He still keeps the XP gained from player death/quit.

I wouldn't say it is mean. Rather, it makes XP a slightly more accurate indicator of skill. Enough so to put XP on the leaderboard.

seems like the 'correct' play becomes either play the easiest difficulty to be sure to complete the game, or play the safest build (aka mono pestilence/trickery)

Well, that is true to some degree. The game does not reward biting off more than you can chew anymore. As for mono build, nerfed.

hopefully avoid getting randOOmed.. lol

I could exempt -random players from the penalty, or at least reduce it.

so you only lose the xp you've gained for that game. you can't level backwards by being awful? ok. fear 1 averted :P

exempting random from penalty sounds like a great idea. encourages random play which means people explore more strategies because they can still gain xp even if they lose. +1 to this idea.

Yeah it seems a little harsh, but if it can't go negative then I guess its' alright. I often play with my 7 month old daughter on my lap, and if she gets bored or has an issue come up I either spend all my money and hope I don't die while AFK or just quit. Guess I'll just have to know I can't expect much XP. XP really only meant "games played" to me before so I can understand wanting to make it somehow mean skill, that could be cool. The newer players will have to work a lot harder to catch up with the older players though.

Sign in to follow this