EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
macrie69

Experience Points

I think the experience points needed to level up after level 10 is way too high. I think that the experience points requirement should be decreased or as you level up you should receive bonus experience points.

It's like in a RPG, the experience points requirement for the next level increases as you level up but you also get more experience points in the later levels.

yeah I agree..... takes forever to get to another level...

Right now I am at 12 and it takes 200 more exp to gain one level

assuming I beat 3 other players and survived last and get 200-400 fruit points on hard... it still takes ~30 games o.O

On related note ._.

hopefully lvl can give a tiny tiny advantage or feature in non competitive mode, not just cosmetics.

This will probably encourage player to have the drive to play more o.o

You gain more experience for harder difficulties. The October 31st update actually increases the experience gain for people playing on normal/hard/very hard. The optimal playing level to gain experience now would be hard, which should be a significant challenge for those who played on normal or below before.

And level shouldn't really denote an advantage, because then the game becomes cyclical in it's purpose. You level only, to level up more. When you create actual advantages to leveling up, you create an imbalance because at a certain point, the disparity in levels detracts from new users wanting to play.

Think if a Rank 15 EleTD player got 50% bonus minerals from creeps just because he was Rank 15. As a rank 0, you would find it hard to play against him because he would nearly always have a mineral advantage, and thus a higher chance of winning.

The same issue is apparent in that other SC2 Map, Mineralz Evolution. It's a self-serving game that only seeks for you to level up to gain better advantages. Once you reach max cap, there's no purpose to play anymore because the game then becomes "easy mode".

With EleTD you gain experience points for a cosmetic builder, this encourages you to play for fun while gaining a small cosmetic benefit from playing more often.

Sign in to follow this