EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
cookiemonstah

my thoughts on v84

1. I have had normal games with over 620 fruit points

2. I have had my best very hard game with 380 fruit points scored, really lucky build tho :)

Why is the game favouring normal difficulty over very hard? Shouldn't that be the focus here ? I mean on normal You can stockpile money + get up to 160-80 lives and build a ton of towers. With very hard it's simply not possible and 2 additional points for getting a fruit simply don't balance the stakes so to say.

3. Resell option is really useless, it's a waste of 2 units of gas and with 5 second pauses between cleared waves there's no real way to profit, so interest was not changed - please stop lying about this - You couldn't figure any reasonable way for players to profit so You removed it.

4. Why are players not rewarded based on how many lives they loose. I get exactly the same XP if I get to wave 61 with 50 lives on very hard and 1 life. I think that "not leaking" does require a lot of planning in this game and there are no rewards for being good at it.

As stated before in another thread, there's still only 1 viable strategy for the last (I think) 5 releases of this mod, it is playable but nothing great.

good luck with Your project, I hope that it won't die out like all the other TD's before it.

The game is still in open beta. We tried out resell to see what the results would be like, and it seems it's not working out, so expect some changes in the next version.

To truly take advantage of resell, you'd have to do specific builds, and/or be the last one to kill creeps.

The idea for bonus XP based on lives left sounds like a good idea that should be considered. I'd be all for it. Keep in mind though that lives can help benefit you on the fruit level, so even though you don't get bonus XP, the bonus lives will surely help you score higher in fruits. That fact alone should help motivate you not to leak, and keep all your lives until the end.

Sign in to follow this