EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lothrath

The Gap between pure elemental Towers ....

i played so many times this map testing element combinations, and i think that you should give a boost to the damage, Range or AoE of Earth, Water and Fire Towers or .. maybe up the Range .. but if we compare Light Tower and Earth tower ....

Light tower does 7500 damage * 0.66 speed and no AoE "splash" and range 22

Earth tower does 3750 Damage * 1 Speed and AoE "2.25 100% - 4.5 50%" and range 10

Fire tower does 1875 Damage * 0.33 Speed and AoE "1.5 100% - 3 50%" and range 8

even with the AoE, the performance and the kill Rate of the Light tower and the Darkness tower are too hight compared with Earth's and Water's Towers. especially if we talk about Element's bosses.

what do you think ??

ohh i forgot :o ... Im talking about SC2 version :o

Splash towers are always bad against single targets, such as elementals.

If slowing towers are in play, the splash towers gain a lot more damage.

agree with that, splash damage are to bad agains single powerfull target ... but fire tower is bad even agains a high amount of units, too low damage i think .. idon't know

Earth, Fire, and Water aren't supposed to be great against bosses. Use them for creep waves that are weak against splash such as normal, undead and illusions.

i talk about bosses only for a example, the fact was agains wave .... not bosses .. Light and darkness work for everything .... even ilusions ..

Light and Darkness towers are single target towers, sure they work on illusion creeps, but not as well as there's a chance they will waste a shot.

The trade-off for any AOE is that they will lose DPS on a single target for a wider range of attack (AOE), which is why some towers aren't good against bosses.

What I like to do with bosses is make the elemental ray tower.

What's is the problem what a Light Tower element waste one shot?? .... his speed atack is 0.66 ..... in the pure form ... the fire tower have to shot 5 times almost to do the same damage of the light tower, and the light tower have 22 range , the fire tower have 8 range ..... if you don't see a difference between these tower ... you are so blind ....

and in Very hard mode ... that gap it's very determinant .. and don't forget what i'm talking about SC2 version

Hello :lol:

I tend to disagree that fire towers are underpowered. If placed on 2 pass positions, fire towers are very cost effective through out the game.

In fact, I believe fire tower is the strongest of all elements when massed. I almost finished a random very hard game by just spamming fire towers. My computer crashed when I was about to fill the map with them. /grumble :( Judging by the networth and wave number, all I had to do for the rest of 3 waves was keep adding more fire towers. I don't think other single element tower can even do that.

Light/Darkness combo is mean especially with clone towers.

Water/Earth/Nature does feel a little lackluster indeed.

post-3971-1312704226_thumb.jpg

Yup, confirmed.

Random Very Hard can be cleared by just spamming and reselling fire towers each wave.

For water waves, just double the number of towers. For nature waves, cut the number of towers in half.

Sell, rebuild then rinse and repeat.

Also sell pure fire towers not firing and upgrade another tower in hot spot to Pure.

Managed grand total of 3 fruit kills B) lol

post-3971-1312721110_thumb.jpg

post-3971-1312721123_thumb.jpg

post-3971-1312721133_thumb.jpg

What's is the problem what a Light Tower element waste one shot?? .... his speed atack is 0.66 ..... in the pure form ... the fire tower have to shot 5 times almost to do the same damage of the light tower, and the light tower have 22 range , the fire tower have 8 range ..... if you don't see a difference between these tower ... you are so blind ....

and in Very hard mode ... that gap it's very determinant .. and don't forget what i'm talking about SC2 version

What you can think about it is say the light tower is attacking at 22 range. With the missile speed not being instant it may waste 2 shots not hitting a creep (possibly more or less) but thats 2 shots that the fire tower WILL hit and have a probable AOE.

If we do some simple math and figure out the towers dps we get the fire tower doing 5681.25 dps and the light doing 11362.5 dps yes thats about half the dps the fire damage is doing if we look at it as if every attack hits.

Now we need to figure out what we are attacking a boss or multiple mobs. If boss yes of course the single target tower will do more. But normal waves you may catch 2-5+ mobs in each attack with the fire tower.

So not including any tower missing (the light tower does alot just admit it).

*Targets above 2 will be considered in 3 range not 1.5*

DPS

Fire | Light

1 target 5681.25 11362.5

2 targets 11362.5 11362.5

3 targets 14203.12 11362.5

4 targets 17043.75 11362.5

5 targets 19884.36 11362.5

So id honestly say given that is fire tower *CAN* be better. It's all based on situation.

Comparing pure fire and pure light is similar to comparing a ray and grenade tower.

An elemental grenade tower deals 18dps on neutral elements, and an elemental ray deals 36dps to neutral elements.

Just like a pure fire tower dealing 5681.25 and pure light dealing 11362.5, the math is still the same. The single target towers deals 2x more damage then the AOE ones, yet we still find grenade towers extremely useful and effective. The AOE means a lot, and it really does matter on situation.

Sign in to follow this