EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Megadramon

Randoming in AP Competitive Mode

So I played my first competitive game since version 0.81; though it was all pick normal, it was still fun competing against players.

I was just wondering about your thoughts about using the -random command in an all pick competitive mode, as one guy did it in my game. Is this even intentional? Other than the obvious 100% resell value of towers, it's a humungous disadvantage in competitive mode all pick. I also doubt you'd be able to take advantage of the 100% resell on elemental towers as you have no time to quickly sell and rebuild against AP builds. Other than handicapping yourself, why is it available in this mode?

Well, it brings a total different type of gameplay as you have to work around what your given. It can truely show who has more skill not who knows the best build ;).

You don't put enough weight on the utility of 100% sell. That allows a huge change in the way you can play the game. The risk added by the randomness is not lopsided. A good random with 100% sell is a genuine challenge against pick players. Especially on harder difficulties. The other side of the coin is that on lower difficulties there is a larger cushion of time so bad randoms are minimized in impact.

It is an option. i do -random occasionally in all pick VH games, usually losing to a randOOm. it can be fun albeit stressful racing a pick build with a unfavourable random. On the other hand, a good random can set you way ahead against the pick players.

I just feel that once you opponent(s) rush their tier 2 triple tower or tier 3 dual tower, there's not much a random player can do.

Sign in to follow this