EleTD.com
Megadramon

Public Trends

Ever since 0.81, I've noticed the public trend is to faceroll the default options, even with difficulty.

There seems to be a misconception in the public eye that players are voting for the default difficulty for everyone to play on. For anyone who doesn't already know, THIS IS NOT TRUE! You are voting for your own difficulty when you choose your difficulty on Standard mode. Only Standard is mixed difficulty; therefore, allowing you to vote for your own difficulty.

Anyways, if you notice any other trends in public Element TD games, or interesting stories, post them here!

Hmm. I guess you are right it truely isent stated that it will effect YOUR difficulty not a vote for EVERYONE'S difficulty like it used to be. Perhaps this could be stated better for new players.

As a programmer who has considered and manipulated this in my own dialog boxes, it is mostly aesthetic: people face-roll when given Drop-down lists. They are more likely to choose carefully when given buttons.

a lot of people seem to be going the life tower route idk why

also people have the worst placement of towers in public games they always put at tip of long passes

The alternative we have is a checkbox. I don't believe multiple choice style buttons are possible. However, I don't see people checking a box anymore than they would select something other than default for the drop down. Anyone disagree?

The alternative we have is a checkbox. I don't believe multiple choice style buttons are possible. However, I don't see people checking a box anymore than they would select something other than default for the drop down. Anyone disagree?

I disagree. Not only will it clearly show the number of available options upfront, you could default checkboxes to be unchecked, thus forcing people to pick something before hitting Accept. So instead of having new players see it for the first time and get overwhelmed and hit Accept, they can see right there that there is a Very Easy mode to try first, and other players who've done a few rounds can read about the new modes (mouse hovertips work wonders for this).

Both checkboxes or the original button prompts sound strictly better than dropdowns for what it sounds like you are trying to do.

Ever since 0.81, I've noticed the public trend is to faceroll the default options, even with difficulty.

There seems to be a misconception in the public eye that players are voting for the default difficulty for everyone to play on. For anyone who doesn't already know, THIS IS NOT TRUE! You are voting for your own difficulty when you choose your difficulty on Standard mode. Only Standard is mixed difficulty; therefore, allowing you to vote for your own difficulty.

Anyways, if you notice any other trends in public Element TD games, or interesting stories, post them here!

name should change to reflect this. "vote" implies some kind of collective and uniform mode.

"select your mode" clearly conveys taht the mode is for you.

i would actually suggest putting all the collective items in one box, and individual items in a separate.

both can show at the same time tho.