EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Element TD 0.81

Changelog:

-Completely changed the mode selection UI

-Scoreboards are now significantly smaller (take up less % of the screen)

-Zoom is now controlled by the mouse wheel

-Added "minerals" to main scoreboard (current mineral count for player)

-Fixed Haste/Blitz (EFW) Towers having improper mana (cosmetic only)

-Countdown timer in Standard type will now end early with 5 seconds instead of 0

-Attempted fix at "leaver gives mineral/gas" bug (race condition so hard to tell)

-Countdown timer in Standard type extended to 90 (from 30) seconds between wave 60 and 61

-Countdown timer in Competitive type extended to 7 (from 3) base multiplier between wave 60 and 61

-Enlarged Cannon/Mortar main missile projectile (cosmetic)

-Nerfed Pulverize (EFN) to 40% chance down from 50%

-Nerfed Impetus (FNW) to 420 damage base down from 500

-Extended range of Spore (EN) to match tower attack range

-Slightly reduced size of Jet (EW) Tower explosion (lag reduction)

-Slightly increased size of Sand Demon (E1)

-Buffed Polar (ELW) Tower to 150 damage up from 100

-Buffed Muck (DEW) Tower to 150 damage up from 100

-Changed command to agree with kick to -kick from -y and -yes

-Changed timer for kick vote to 30 seconds down from 60

-Tweaked kick vote calculation (hopefully will prevent kick errors)

-Reduced range of sound (should help prevent hearing other people's area)

-Reduced Pulverize (EFN) explosion effect size (lag reduction)

-Fixed game not ending properly in Standard type

-Made a minor tweak to creep pathing

-Scoreboard now updates properly upon player death/quit in Race type

I noticed host doesn't have the option of controlling the mode anymore?

IMO that really sucks :(

Seems like a lot of power to give a random schmoe doesn't it? Can you think of any other first page custom that does this?

Really? no host pick anymore? there'll be no real way to set up for competitive games.. VE pick full length all the time..

I noticed host doesn't have the option of controlling the mode anymore?

IMO that really sucks :(

Seems like a lot of power to give a random schmoe doesn't it? Can you think of any other first page custom that does this?

Dunno if the type of thing is related, but Mafia allows the host to basically set the game up. The host has a lot of power as the metagame is basically up to host discretion, and many times (due to my personal experiences) they don't know what they're doing. Though recent games I've played, hosts are smart enough to use Save Slots and speed the process, so things may be changing.

Even if the game is ruined by the host, people always leave and rejoin one, and in case the host hasn't a clue on what he's doing, they'll either let players decide or set everything to normal which everyone likes.

I personally believe that any game with multiple modes requires someone capable of controlling them rather than making it 100% player vote. Player vote will make it impossible for anything other than standard.

Even if we do manage to start organize games, player vote for organized games is silly. Someone needs to be in charge.

Also, just hit a bug where Voting Ends time reaches 0:00 and the game gets stuck. Probably some combination of people dropping out on load, then timing out as the game starts.

Element Tower Defense voting over.SC2Replay

The gas bug when people leave still exists.

I agree, host should have the option to setup a game type they want, or defer to players, just like it used to be.

Loading the game still takes an ass-long time (waiting for other people's computers).

And finally a suggestion: The reason why this has been losing out to Squadron Tower TD recently on NA: Career stat tracking. Oh, and that game fixed their loading times, and cleaned up mineral distribution bugs too. Just a thought, I'm not saying this game should use that idea (even though all the top Tower TDs do), but you should think about something to compete with that.

Yeah, those kinds of stats are very powerful at driving repeat play behavior. I never realized just how large a percentage of players get hooked on that sort of thing.

It's definitely on our radar.

Oh, and we recently reduced our load time by about 10-15% with some tweaks to how certain aspects of the map are handled :)

Sign in to follow this