EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Arc Project

Flooding Tower with Well Buff and crushes

Just as the title says.

My friend and I have low-medium end computers. We have been experimenting with Tsunami towers with Well combo. Both of us have never seen the fruit level with this build because at around when we get both towers(w/e the lvl of upgrades), frame rate drops significantly. At some point around lvl 30-50, game crushed. It's happened 3 times for each.

I am not entirely convinced what is causing the crush. The last time it crushed, I pressed Tsunami's special ability with well tower buff on.

Odd. I'd expect to see a crash like that on XP with memory management issues, but Vista's generally a lot better about that sort of thing.

Any chance you could post your full system specs for reference?

LOL. Silly me.

Tsunami is the Chuck Norris of ETD. It can crash the entire game with its round-house kick douse ability. :lol:

Here's the spec. This one's a few years old.

Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Version: 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 build 6001

System Model: Dell XPS720

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz、2666 Mhz

BIOS Version: Dell Inc. A04, 2007/12/04

Locale: Japan

Total Physical Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB

Total Virtual Memory: 4.23 GB

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

USB Keyboard/Mouse

320G Hard Disc Space

Umm, yeah that should be plenty good enough. It'll chug a bit on late waves, sure, but it shouldn't crash.

Any chance I could get a copy of the error text you're getting? Is there a crash log with details, or just a pop-up message? What's the exact wording of it?

I did not save whatever error message came up after the crash. Perhaps I did not get one at all :huh:

When I have some spare time I will try to replicate the crash.

I am experiencing crashes with the very same combo, thought it happens closer to last wave.

I like going for one particular tower and creating a bunch of this very same tower. A lot of them made me lag, particularly the Laser tower and the Comet tower, because of their projectile type. Only the Laser tower made me crash, and that was at wave 61, when I bunched them up.

However, Tsunami is the only tower to make me crash before this wave. I've tried doing it all the way to the wave 61 three times. All three times, I had 12 Tsunami Towers set-up along with 3 Fountain tower because it's with the same element and synergizes so well with Tsunami. All three times, I was in the process of preparing to spend my money for wave 61 (building a bunch of level 1 towers). And all three time, Starcraft crashed on wave 58 (Darkness + Mechanical wave). How it crashes is that Starcraft freezes, then it just closes. Nothing else, it just closes without any change in the frozen image. No error notification or anything.

I believe it can't be because of the lag, because Tsunami's projectile is just a laser that goes straight to the target, with an explosion once in a while. I've managed to survive over 50 Comet Towers on wave 61, with their 7 slow projectiles per second that move in a wierd pattern, I don't see how I wouldn't be able to survive 12 Tsunami towers 3 times in a row and on the very same wave.

I rebuilt and optimized tsunami a few weeks ago and ended up with one of our most efficient triple towers. It's surprising to think it would be especially problematic. I have an idea for a way to implement optional "cheaper" spell effects which may help us narrow down this issue.

Sign in to follow this