EleTD.com
Karawasa

Super Weapons

The premise of this mode is simple. You gain access to various spells that are all offensive in nature. Things like putting a builder to sleep. This mode would add some direct PvP action to the game for those who think it is too subtle. I'm creating this thread for help in brainstorming abilities. Nothing is off limits. Discuss!

I think being able to summon things in your opponent's area with an AOE aura that buffs creeps seems cool, such as buffing speed, defense, or even healing.

Also building temporary filler buildings in your opponent's area to prevent them from building in certain spots.

Being able to change the element of the creeps to something different can really screw someone over.

Making creeps cost more than one life if leaked.

Spawning a super creep mixed in with regular creeps.

Freezing tower(s)

The premise of this mode is simple. You gain access to various spells that are all offensive in nature. Things like putting a builder to sleep. This mode would add some direct PvP action to the game for those who think it is too subtle. I'm creating this thread for help in brainstorming abilities. Nothing is off limits. Discuss!

Did you get that idea from Auir Chef? :P

Well of course it depends on the conditions of how and why, but the immediate thoughts are a Mineral Siphon (Do something good and you get to steal minerals from another player, or everyone pays you) and a Send Enemies (I guess that's like Line Tower Wars)

I don't think this kind of game blends itself towards being competitive well, but if you want to add that as a mode, then go ahead.

I've always loved more tricky and skill-based disabilities to players:

• Covering their mineral/gas/population counter at the top-right from being seen

• Covering a portion of their main screen, or the command card so they have to use hotkeys.

• Causing all towers cost x% more, but making creeps waves weaker for that same period of time.

• And/or the opposite: towers are cheaper, but creeps stronger.

• Create a wall in the player's creep path, accumulating them all together. Chances are this will usually help the player, particularly if they have substantial AoE, but there are situations where it could really screw them (short range high-dps towers)

• Conversely, kill every 3rd creep, but give the remaining creeps 33% (or less) more max health - this screws over more aoe-oriented builds.

And here's a real fun screwer-over:

• While in effect, any time a player (successfully) upgrades or builds a tower, the equivalent number of creeps (based off the creeps kill bounty, doesn't need to be 1:1) will spawn at the player's entrance.

i loved throwing penalties at other players in tetris or tetris attack. glad ur thinking about doing somenthing like this.

ideas:

- spawn a boss. (just requires additional damage, doesnt give element)

- gives a wave an additional ability (boost, mechanical, undead, etc), a wave already with an ability will gain a second, diffrent ability.

- delay an element availability by 1 wave

- paralyze target tower for a number of seconds

- all towers become a different element type (weakness to current wave - maybe OP as stated, but the basic concept of changing damage type.)

- remove 1 life

- compounding rate is halved for a wave.

- freeze a single or few creeps on the other guy's field, can be long duration even unto next wave. tactical timing will be involved =].

to yourself:

- increase your cash on hand by X amount for a wave. increases compounding, but also available to spend. after the duration, it will subtract the awarded amount. can go into the negative, but for compounding it will count as 0 principle, not negative.

to either:

- substitute wave. pick one wave now and have current wave later.

can be used to give yourself more bounty, and an easier time in the future.

or offensively to screw someone else over now, but at the risk of giving him more money and an easier time later.

**CreepChanger**

A tower which allows you to change the health of your OWN creeps, though with the loss of less money per kill, could be pretty useful if you are about to leak a creep...

**TowerBooster**

Allows you to define if a tower should recieve either a: Attack speed buff, Attack damage or Range buff.[should only be able to target ONE tower if targeting more towers it would be OP]

**Walking Killers**

A tower which you can patrol around an area(ex the first 2 corners) and it would do AOE damage to the creeps it walks over... Should be slower than all creeps and proberly max a amount of these towers to be made

My odd ideas ;)

TaF

Total Blackout:

Everything turns black, you only got a very very narrow vision over your worker (this is for all players).

Stupify:

Temporarily swaps control with a player.

(still in progress to prevent abuse)

Overgrowth:

Targets a location where a visible trap will be seen it takes 5 seconds to come "online". It's pretty big, the worker will get stuck for a period of time if he touches the trap will it's activated and the trap will disappear. Does not affect towers or creeps.

Blind:

Every creep in a random area will be invisible to the towers only. (player must use scan / dust to reveal your par of the map)

(your own area can be randomed)

Zealot rush:

A "harmless" zealot will enter the chosen area, it doesn't deal damage but it will attack the worker rendering it paralyzed (stun duration is shorter then the cooldown so you can run away). The worker must attack to kill it (worker is ranged and faster then the zealot). Several zealots can not spawned at the same time.

Zergling rush:

Spawns a horde of zerglings at the creepspawn, they will follow the creeps path until they encounter a tower in range (like 8 range) then they will go rampage attacking everything. Zerglings get stronger as the level gets higher. Destroyed towers refund for 25%. Tower can be repaired and can only be sold if they got full hp.

My idea is to have a nuclear rain in a player's area that does no damage to towers or builders but will EMP them for a while and give the attacking player a portion of the bounty of any creeps killed. To balance that it should have a fairly good chance of wiping out quite a few creeps and giving the target player the lives those creeps could have taken if they had gotten through.

Make someones towers invisible (and mb their attacks as well) so he cannot upgrade for some time and has to remember where he has placed them.

Invert worker movement (he will go to the oposite side than you click), not sure what do do with building towers (you will have to build just under you? Or you will build at a different place than you want if you just click there?)

Worker wont be able to walk on the creep path and he will move slower as well

Nothing else i can think of right now that makes atleast a little sence =P

Maybe make it so you have offensive and defensive skills and use "points" to use use the spells.

Say you get 1 offensive and one defensive point per 5 rounds just like elemental point.

You can buy more with gold(cost a lot so you don't want to unless its late in game or your about to die.)

Offensive spells

Spawn reverse-

reverse spawn from coming out of left side to coming out of right.

Tower stun -

prevents all towers from attacking for say 3 seconds.

Steal money-

Steal 25% of players current bank amount

Hidden boss-

When the player spawns next element it will have 2x hp (does not work on level 3 elements)

Increase creep life

Increase the life of that wave say to 3 rounds higher health (has warning sound before wave starts letting you know build)

Steal life-

Steal 5 lives from that player (cant be reduced below 1 live)

Slow build-

Triple the time it takes to build and upgrade for that round.

Invisble round-

Makes the round invisible ( level 3 tower arrow and grenade towers can see units)

Purchase offensive skill point

Make it so you can purchase skill points kinda like pure towers or something

Defensive spells

No ability-

Next spawn has no abilities like heal fast or undead.

Creep slow

Slows all creeps in your lane for 10 seconds (50% move speed reduce happens all at once so they dont bunch up)

Double damage-

Gives a tower double damage for that wave

No leak-

Leaking creeps dont take lives for 5 seconds

Instant build

Towers build and upgrade instantly for that round.

Scan-

Can see invisible units in entire area.

Purchase defensive skill point

Same as offensive.

I think the protective buff on another players creeps should be in the sc2 version. Also i agree with the above posts about summoning creeps to other players.

Ok, how about an ability that makes it so instead of leaks taking lives and coming back, they don't take lives and go to a random/chosen enemy? That way if somebody is leaking really bad they can give somebody else a bit of their problem. Or if you know somebody will have trouble with a wave and you feel mean, you could sell some towers and use this ability to try to take them out. However normally it would be a gift of bounty for the "victim" as the creeps would normally be very weak by the time they get there. I'm not sure how it should work for elementals that leak while it's active though... Maybe give the "victim" 1 of that element free or 1 vespene if they're maxed, or a large bounty, or just have the ability not affect elementals.

Let's keep it up...this is planned to be more than just a mode.

Ohh god please no don't put this into the game ALWAYS. Griefers amuck!

Ohh god please no don't put this into the game ALWAYS. Griefers amuck!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think right now we're leaning more toward using "builder weapons" as a means of deepening the solo survivor gameplay rather turning this into a direct PvP game.

The PvP idea is not off the table, but we're really looking to strike a balance between broadening content and preserving enjoyment of the game as it is now.

This will be great once its done

Element td is falling in the ranks I think its because once people beat it they feel like nothing left to do in the game so they dont play it anymore.

People like person vs person type games so this will be great.

Here is my proposal in a nutshell, for the next innovation (or failure) of Element TD;

• Items are the "Powers"
  • Powers are cooldown based
  • Can't get more than one of the same power
  • Builders gain an inventory of 6
  • Builders gain a button to launch a dialog based shop
  • Shop allows for one click purchase or upgrade of powers (icon based)
  • Shop allows for one click sell of current inventory (icon based)
  • Items cost minerals
  • Items sell for 75%, can't sell when on cooldown
  • Each power will have 4 tiers, say sleep builder 1/3/5/7 seconds
  • Variety of powers: from damage (AoE, DoT, Chain, Single Target) to passive (regeneration aura, interest bonus, movespeed bonus etc.) to disable (sleep builder, slow builder, nerf tower attack speed etc.) to player (steal gold, steal lives etc.)
  • All items available, no element basis to powers

Thoughts?

Cost = 500/1500/3000/5000 Minerals

No stacking of disables/buffs/debuffs

• Sleep builder for 1/3/5/7 seconds, 60 second CD
  • Slow builder by 1/2/3/4 movespeed for 30 seconds, 45 second CD
  • Slow tower attack speed by 15/30/60/120 percent for 15 seconds, 45 second CD
  • Disable tower for 2/4/6/8 seconds, 45 second CD
  • Passive increase interest rate by 0.25/0.5/0.75/1.0 percent
  • Passive tower regeneration aura of 2/4/6/8 HP per second
  • Passive builder movespeed increase of 1.5/3/4.5/6
  • AoE tower damage of 50/100/200/400, 90 second CD
  • DoT tower damage of 125/250/500/1000 over 15 seconds, 90 second CD
  • Instant tower damage of 100/200/400/800, 90 second CD
  • Instant tower heal of 150/300/600/1200 HP, 90 second CD
  • AoE tower heal of 75/150/300/600 HP, 90 second CD
  • Steal 2/4/6/8 percent of current minerals from player, 60 second CD
  • Hide players UI for 1/3/5/7 seconds, 90 second CD
  • AoE creep heal of 10/20/30/40 percent, 90 second CD
  • Instant 5 chain creep heal of 15/60/240/960 HP, 15 second CD
  • 7 chain creep debuff immunity for 3/6/10/15 seconds, 30 second CD
  • Add (self)-Subtract (other) 100-200/200-400/400-800/800-1600 HP for 15 seconds, 45 second CD

Discuss!

I think it would be nice if a builder can get more than 11 elements.

My idea is:

A builder can summon a boss to the other opponents.

If the opponent is able to beat the boss, the opponent builder gets an element of his/her own choice.

If not, the builder who summons it gets an extra element of his choice.

The level of the element that can be chosen must comply with some rules.

Each builder can only use the skill once.

This is just a general idea.

I'd be strongly in favor of going in a somewhat different direction with this. That said, the most glaring issue I have is with the two "hard disables" (Sleep builder and hide UI).

1 second is too short to be meaningful, and 7 seconds is long enough to make the average player want to punch their monitor.

Also, why is the one creep heal % based, when the other is flat numbers?

I'll leave it to the hardcore number crunchers to do the math on the damage abilities, but something tells me they'll be utterly unsatisfying unless you're coordinating a beatdown (and completely broken in that scenario).

Here is my proposal in a nutshell, for the next innovation (or failure) of Element TD;

• Items are the "Powers"
  • Powers are cooldown based
  • Can't get more than one of the same power
  • Builders gain an inventory of 6
  • Builders gain a button to launch a dialog based shop
  • Shop allows for one click purchase or upgrade of powers (icon based)
  • Shop allows for one click sell of current inventory (icon based)
  • Items cost minerals
  • Items sell for 75%, can't sell when on cooldown
  • Each power will have 4 tiers, say sleep builder 1/3/5/7 seconds
  • Variety of powers: from damage (AoE, DoT, Chain, Single Target) to passive (regeneration aura, interest bonus, movespeed bonus etc.) to disable (sleep builder, slow builder, nerf tower attack speed etc.) to player (steal gold, steal lives etc.)
  • All items available, no element basis to powers

Thoughts?

Wondering why you auto-emailed me as i havent really done anything in this project for months (Did i ever do anything? Lol)

anyway, i like the idea of hero-like abilities rather than items, like theres 4 types of abilities and you can choose 1 ability from each type (e.g. "AoE, DoT, Chain, Single Target" would be a tier, "regeneration aura, interest bonus, movespeed bonus etc." would be a tier, and so on. Also, maybe like an ability that makes the next mob in that area elite, with 200% hp/mp/armor/images/etcetc)

geez, it's been a while. Right now I don't have any suggestions, but I'd recomend everyone to take a look at YouTD for WC3, it was my favorite TD on WC3. Lots of ideas from there... like selecting different types of builders, each with his own strenghts and weaknesses...

why not the other way around?

I usually play eletd with irl friends at LAN, so instead of hating on strangers, It would be nice if we are able to "save" the allies that are dying early in the game.

Maybe the ability to upgrade your allies towers or build towers at their place, or some kind of battlecruiser that can fly to any failing ally to help them out.

Or maybe the option to give an ally a higher interest rate.

btw, I love the idea of different types of builders @ proveisso ↑