EleTD.com
Karawasa

Element TD 0.80

Changelog:

-Changed water of orange's (6) area (lag reduction)

-Changed ground texture of purple's (4) area (visibility)

-Changed fog/light amount of pink's (8) area (lag reduction)

-Changed projectile of Forge/Foundry/Factory (EF)

-Dramatically improved loading time

-Fixed "builder/particle field cross over" exploit

-Nerfed Wrath (EFW) maximum stack count to 15 down from 20

-Buffed Poison (DW) Tower to 16 damage up from 12

-Made different levels of Ray/Grenade Towers more distinguishable (size + color tweaks)

-Nerfed Spore (EN) to 35 damage down from 40

-Fixed "attack other people's creeps" bug (might rarely malfunction)

-Capped Interest upgrade to 1 pick down from 2

-Increased duration of "website intro" to 5 seconds up from 3.75

This patch sounds mostly nice, lag reduction was needed and shorter loading time is also a nice thing to have. I am especialy looking forward to the new forge projectile =)

But only ONE interest?! Why? =( If i remember well it was 3 in wc3 and you are reducing it again? The thing about interest is its kinda risk to take, because you dont have any strong towers to help you survive. Its true that you can take interest with both first and second gas and keep rebuilding the basic towers, but its not that easy on higher difficutly levels and its not a reson to completely remove it in my opinion. What about putting a level requirement on the second level of interest? (like 15 or 20)

Back in the wc3 days for FDS, top players opened with $$$ and turned in replays that were under 45 minutes in length, playing all 60 waves in very hard difficulty.

Eh, I just played it and it seems like you have increased the interest limit to 3 instead of decresing it to 1. Was it a mistake, or is the changelog wrong?

But only ONE interest?! Why?

Because despite their name, "Interest" upgrades are in no way interesting. They're essentially a no-brainer pick, and that means that people are playing "element TD" for the first 15 minutes without actually having any elements. I don't think it's a problem if that's a viable option, but when it becomes the ideal way to play (best fruit killer by far), then we have a serious issue on our hands.

I'm very curious to see how this change plays out.

Chiq has a point with interest. Besides you say its a risk to take but lets face it. As a seasoned/veteran player its no risk anymore maybe the first time but not anymore.

Eh, I just played it and it seems like you have increased the interest limit to 3 instead of decresing it to 1. Was it a mistake, or is the changelog wrong?

Ha, you're right. Guess I should test things first. New version coming soon...

Well, I guess you are right. At first it seemed to me like too big of a change, but at least it will make the game a little bit more challenging =) Lets see how it wil turn out (its only 1% anyway =P ).

Well without double interest it'll probably be impossible to get the ~500k minerals needed to fill the map with towers, and also seems to remove most of the skill used to gain an appreciable advantage. But we'll see.

Last night I tested the Haste Towers, and happened to play against someone who managed a full board of Velocity Towers. Granted they were on Very Easy, but they kept up with raw fruit kills better than anything else I'd seen and it made the Haste build not as OP as I made it sound.

It feels bad to keep suggesting nerf nerf nerf, but rather maybe there should be some equalizing goal for more builds to have a chance at. In Standard Mode, I thought this was to get all towers built for maximizing fruit kills, but this goal as we all know is completely inviable for most builds.

That said, if Haste was nerfed too much here, I'll be exploring the Velocity build (as it works better with this "fixed clock"/"last one finishes controls the round" play mode).

Well without double interest it'll probably be impossible to get the ~500k minerals needed to fill the map with towers

That's a good thing.