EleTD.com
Nachoraver

Hail Tower... Holy Hell.

I have a super computer... and it's probably already out of date but we're talking Dual SLI 560 cards super. Anyway - couple of guys had over a million minerals and just spammed the entire map with hail towers and the animation caused the game to go into like a sub 1fps almost frozen state. My suggestion is to figure out a new less snowball hell animation? Because if that screwed up my comp, I can only imagine what the average player would experience.

Honestly, filling the map with anything will cause lag. My work computer is similar to what you describe and will chug as well when the map gets that packed with towers.

We could gut the animation and it might help a little, but I think the underlying issue is that it's possible to fill up the map with the most high end of towers because interest is just too potent.

How the hell do you get enough interest in a multiplayer game to fill up a map with hails let alone comets?

Well they do lagg more then the other towers.

But they are also more awesome then the other towers too!

Its cpu not gpu lag

Sc2 requires a good cpu

It also only uses 2 cores and hyperthreading is useless.

Something like a i5 2500k OCed is best

Its cpu not gpu lag

Sc2 requires a good cpu

It also only uses 2 cores and hyperthreading is useless.

Something like a i5 2500k OCed is best

My cpu is fine at an i7 - it's just the animation + 2 guys doing it. keep in mind one was playing veasy and the other on normal - the fact that the guy could hit over a million on normal is pretty extraordinary.

Yes it's way more cpu intense, I gave my quest pass to my little brother. Wow did it surprise me how smooth it ran on his computer :P He used my old graphics card which my game ran very slow with. When I upgraded my graphic card I could play on ultra (after a few driver and Sc2 updates, my card wasn't supported correctly at first)

But he plays very smooth on medium and in big fights where I start to lagg a lot he still plays pretty smooth. My problem is that it barely helps to turn down the graphics options :P

How the hell do you get enough interest in a multiplayer game to fill up a map with hails let alone comets?

I've done this plenty. A full map of Comet Towers really sucks againt fruit. Even on Very Easy, I don't think you can get 200 kills, but maybe I'll give it a whirl in 0.81b.

Both Haste(Blitz) and Celerity(Velocity) are better, pending above test.

Honestly, filling the map with anything will cause lag. My work computer is similar to what you describe and will chug as well when the map gets that packed with towers.

We could gut the animation and it might help a little, but I think the underlying issue is that it's possible to fill up the map with the most high end of towers because interest is just too potent.

He wasn't exaggerating. I've seen full map Blitz w/ Fountain, Blitz w/ Factory, Celerity w/ Fountain, and nothing comes as close to laggy as Comet w/ Fountain. It takes 3 minutes to get 20 fruit kills, so an hour per 400 or so.