EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Megadramon

Ice Tower

I really think this tower needs some sort of attack ground ability so it constantly shoots the proper direction. Whenever I make them at the #7 position early game for rushing purposes, it's a bigger pain in the ass to micro than the Mildew tower for some reason. Once I leave the Ice Tower(s) alone, even for a tiny second, the attacks mess up, screwing me over. I remember having two Ice Towers at the #7 position and I left them alone for a couple seconds on some dark stage (might've been dark interceptors) and I was leaking like the whole wave until I started microing it. Another example was I believe the Dark Immortal stage, where I built an Ice Tower thinking I'd totally destroy them, but didn't (partly because I think it was like a second too late after the creeps spawned and the first target it chose was one positioned badly for the full damage, and after that it was a mess).

Later on when I know the Ice Tower isn't strong enough to wipe out waves, I like to keep them at #7 for a little while to help soften the waves so I can clear them faster, and when that happens, they aren't my main focus anymore, but still require constant attention because if you leave them alone, they'll do terrible damage for what they're worth.

Don't get me wrong here, when I build Ice and Mildew towers, I'm prepared to micro them. It's just Mildew towers for me are more reliable to to leave alone than Ice towers. Once you leave Ice towers alone, they'll start to suck badly.

What do you think about giving it an attack ground ability, or whatever it's called?

I don't know if Kara's confirmed it as a certainty, but it's definitely something we're thinking about. I'm personally a fan of doing this.

I'll look into getting this implemented soon for Ice and Mildew. Mildew might need a nerf to 30 damage though.

That's ridiculous. I'm sorry but I find Mildew to not be everything people make it out to be. Now maybe I'm putting them in the wrong place but they always leak bosses and later fire waves.

I find the Mildew Tower a tower I can rely on. It's pretty effective at clearing early waves if you have access to them. Good damage and it's AOE.

Also it's only natural that the Mildew would do bad against fire? Plus the Mildew Tower isn't a single target type tower so again it's only natural that it's not good for bosses.

I find two Mildew Towers placed at location 4 can kill everything through level 20 on VH. By kill I mean utterly destroy. Seems a bit strong personally.

I find two Mildew Towers placed at location 4 can kill everything through level 20 on VH. By kill I mean utterly destroy. Seems a bit strong personally.

Location 4?

Honestly ice will never be good until you can make it attack ground. Mildew needs the same treatment as well.

Honestly ice will never be good until you can make it attack ground. Mildew needs the same treatment as well.

It's on the agenda, just below a few other items on the list at the moment (namely, Radius tower).

Sign in to follow this