EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

How did you discover Element TD?

Guest LordDracon

I was searching for fun TD map on battle.net, simply joining every TD that I hadn't played yet and I came across Element TD. I must say it's my favourite so far.

I started with 3.0

Guest Malak

I browse the TD mods out there to see what's fun, and so far this is the most challenging and fun TD I've played. I've tried some of the other popular ones and didn't like them. I've modified a couple to make them more enjoyable but they were flawed to begin with... this one is good to start with.

I found EleTD when I searched im mapdatabases, I was a bit pissed off about many of the maps played on bnet and actually I never thought to start playing TD's, I was looking for some good RPG's for solo and thought to give it a try on TD's.

At this point I read some good comments about this td and downloaded it. Since the very start I was impressed about a such simple, yet diverse the game was. (I mean, water + earth = clay, Light+Water = Ice, how more simple does something needs to be?) I started with hero mode, fought my way through hard and ended up searching for new challenges and dropped on random mode.

I think I actually started on 3.0 since the very start.

I played for weeks untill I knew all towers and started tactical play. Since then, I have never played pick anymore. I started up on Very Hard and on bnet to find new challenges. Thats the whole story.

Guest Mieralunar

2 b honest, becouse blizz spotlighted it (the joke is that I heard that even wasnt an oficial map :P)

Guest CptnWaffles

While taking a break from WoW, I was checking out maps for my WC3 and TFT game that had recently come out of retirement. I fiddled around with various maps and before I knew it, the programmer in me found JASS. I was doomed to look over the manual and skim over maps in order to fully understand this new language. I've been slightly addicted ever since. So here I am, staring at a new map and looking at ways to recreate a very awesome EleTD game I played recently when I wondered if anyone else had a forum or message board anywhere. Sure enough, here you all are. Yay for the elektrik intertubes.

Guest patience18

Well just by browsing the custom games list, I found out that Tower Defence games where fun to play, I first started playing Cube Defense afther that Green TD, and then I found Element TD!

Guest Timberwolf

I came really late to Warcraft III, I've had the game only about 6 months. I got tired of getting wasted in "standard" Warcraft III games, and so I tried the custom list not even knowing really what I was doing. Element TD was the first tower defense game I ever found myself in. I got destroyed (because I had no idea what was going on until the first wave was done), but I was intrigued, and watched the others play to figure out what was going on. Now I play more TD maps than anything else, and usually it's this one. The multiple elements/combo thing remains probably the coolest idea I've seen in TD, personally.

heh Kara mentioned his work on it while tropical tag was finishing development.

Personally I find that anything on wc3campaigns is a good map. Even if I don't always enjoy the playstyle, the maps are always well made. (though sometimes old maps get bugged from bnet version updates)

quality control is a wonderful thing.

Guest Oblivion.IV

Well, someone made it on wc one day and i decided to try it out, love tds. And well i loved it...really alot of fun.

Guest aths
How did you discover/get into Element TD?

I was introduced to the game by members of my DotA clan (Clan DPC). I had played the game once awhile back (when Darkness was overpowered), but forgot about it until they refreshed my memory. I liked the intricacies of the game, and we spent hours mastering Very Hard mode. I remember telling them that someday I would edit it...

Well, for me any TD is a complete waste of time. Build towers to kill creeps to gain money to build stronger towers for tougher creeps ... can something be more boring?

Then I joined a custom game named "Element TD" because I thought "Oh, with elements, this could be fun; give it a try". It was on very easy with Random. I lost some lives but lived on (don't saw the counter of 50 that time) and was dead later on. So what the hell is this?

But this got me addicted. I created Ele TD games for myself, discovered that I can pick elements myself. I told a friend about the game and discussed some strategies. Then I went to the Ele TD site (the old version in black) and found descriptions of the towers so I got new ideas and tried other builds than just go for the Gold Tower. Also I downloaded the map and since then I am hosting the final version, not a release candidate.

Ele TD constantly offers to try something new. This is very important for me. The maze layout looks quite simple but there are some tricky strategies involved how to place your towers.

There is only one things I really miss in Ele-TD: The option to change the initial amount of lives.

I like that Ele-TD is not too complex in its options. Ele TD is a colorful, well polished games with high replaybility. It is so good that I don't feel the need for an update =)

I played for weeks untill I knew all towers and started tactical play. Since then, I have never played pick anymore. I started up on Very Hard and on bnet to find new challenges. Thats the whole story.
Since Nova + Storm always works I also like random now (Same Random) because you never know what to get.

Guest DevouringOne

Two years ago i've downloaded torrent with 100td maps. And I had started opening them with War3 EDITOR! :D and thats the way i had found the letd 1.0 it was free to open no protection ... and i've seen a lot of interseting AI scipts and said to me " COoL I'll play that"

And that the stroy now the game is vey different from 1.0 but it's still ELEMENT TD :D FOREVER! oh god two years playing this td and starcraft(11 years) ohh how fast the time is going away...

Guest Silfarion

well, i like TD maps, and i was looking here and there for finding, and i found element TD. and then i got OBSESSED to it. currently it is my favorite TD map :D

Guest Jacob
I joined an EleTD game on b-net. I think it was v.2.2 (if such version existed?). After that I didn't play it again until not so long ago :P.

Yea the first versions, also you couldnt fire at air with cannon towers... also old versions are not protected.

You have this elementTD 6.0, wich is a hacked version of one of the old eletd's... you can see that by the cannons not being able to fire at air.

The 2.0 was the last "real" version.

But it is strange, the 2.5 got an award from blizzard being such a popular map.

But the 2.5 is a "fake" version..... clever blizzard.

Guest Sancdar

You can't really have a "fake" map...you can play it, it's a real map. Just because MrChak didn't authorize it doesn't make it necessarily worse.

MrChak left 2.0 unprotected, as he was done with the game. I believe he hoped others would take over or learn from the game.

In that regards I don't think he would have viewed 2.5 as a fake or bad version. 2.5 was around for quite awhile, and I played it from time to time. Far as I know there weren't any cheats, and the guy who did it was simply trying to improve the game (and did a good job).

Now it isn't "official" but it is definitely acceptable.

My stance is different in some regards. As long as I (and thus us) are actively working on the map, I want it to be the "official" map. I'm honored (and you guys should be too) that MrChak has entrusted us to carry on the torch. There are plenty of good reasons to protect the map, and if someone wants to legitimately learn they should come here.

So regarding that I would consider any hacked or deprotected version (3.0 and beyond) to be "unofficial" of course, but furthermore fake and therefore something to look down upon.

Like MrChak though, should I cease to develop Element TD (such as say SC2...) I shall concurrently release the open-source along with my final version.

Sign in to follow this