EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

How did you discover Element TD?

How did you discover/get into Element TD?

I was introduced to the game by members of my DotA clan (Clan DPC). I had played the game once awhile back (when Darkness was overpowered), but forgot about it until they refreshed my memory. I liked the intricacies of the game, and we spent hours mastering Very Hard mode. I remember telling them that someday I would edit it...

Guest lumber_of_the_beast

I was arguing with someone who insisted that EleTD was better than DotA. I disagreed, saying that better can't be so easily defined, and mentioned that I could never get into TDs because they were only ever two of the following, if that: balanced, original, and fun.

Of course, 3.0 doesn't really do all that much to change that, only being original and fun. And it's looking increasingly like Final won't either, if all these DotA towers make it through; it'll just be balanced and fun.

i like play td (when i dont play dota ^^)

and i discover ele td with the 1.1 version

i like this td because if u finish it

u can do many other party it s always interresting because many differents technic and tower for have fun

well, i hope a long life to the "Element td"

and i want to say thx to u and mr.chack for u re work on this map

:D

Guest Warcryptic

I just got war3 + tft this year. I started playing bnet games and just some custom games (no tds), then when i first tried dbz td fusion i start loving td's, every td game hosted i tried (especcialy green td and gem td then) And then a friend of mine i met from gem td said i should try eletd (it was 3.0) i loved it immediatly, started testing my gameplay and looking for info so i got to this site, wich helped me more and more. And now, still like it and cant wait to the differences in 4.0

I was never really into tft or roc, so it was more an act of desperation when I started to try out the scenario maps. Blizzard TD got me all excited and I trained a lot.

Next thing I was searching the internet for custom maps, but without much hope. I'd been an active member of the Dunkeon Keeper community of Fizzbans Keep, and I allready knew that for every even remotely funktional map, there are tons of unplayable trash of the "wanna see a nude ogre?" or "insert_name_here is gay" brand. And I was right, I came upon one trashy map after another.

I tried to figure out the popular ones, by checking number of dl's or hosted games, and so I found green td (slighty above avarage trash) and dota (really good, but I neither like nor can play it very well). I guess it was dota that gave me the idea that a map with a community and a homepage and a group of people taking care of preventing fake versions could greatly improve a maps quality. So now I checked every map that looked remotely playable for a website.

That was at around 3.0 beta 8, the old forum was like a few weeks old. The quality of eletd was very obvious, the ingame voting, the transition to the game start, the spacing of the waves, the attack effects, all looked very mature and well designed. No calapulted bug bears. No "you lost you moronic No0Oöb Ill kill your hampster"-style messages.

Since then I only ever play anything tft but blizz and eletd if I'm either very bored and desperate or polite beyond knowing better. :wink:

Guest GipFace

No "you lost you moronic No0Oöb Ill kill your hampster"-style messages.

You obviously have never been kicked from a game.

Only like two or three times. What is the eletd message for that?

Guest mrchak
No "you lost you moronic No0Oöb Ill kill your hampster"-style messages.

You obviously have never been kicked from a game.

It's actually something pretty stupid like "You must have done something stupid to piss off the host. Go to your room!" but I forget. Maybe we should just look at that to make sure its up to par, eh Karawasa? It shouldn't be too rude, but a little cheeky is ok, no?

-----------------------------------------

How I found out about Element TD

Well, clearly I didn't find out about it the same way most people did, but I can tell you some of the history behind the game. the orignal idea came from playing Burbenog TD (which I think is a pretty awesome game). I noticed how cool it was to combine governorships, and how there were combo tower (i.e. if you had fire and poison you could make acid). So I took this as an idea for the basis of a map. The original idea was a combination map. Half TD, half Hero arena, sortof. At the start of the game you would pick a hero. There would be a huge area of the map that was for exploration by your hero, separated into 6 element regions with creeps of differeing toughness. As you explored around killing darkness, fire, etc monsters, the game would count up how much elemental experience you got. After killing enough darkness monsters, the game would award you Lv1 darkness, and so on. The gameplay would switch game modes periodically. 5 minutes of hero-play, then 5 rounds of tower defense, and so on until the end. After all this development, it turned out to be waaaay too confusing, so the top-half of the map was scrapped and instead the idea of an elemental research center was implemented. Also at the beginning of the map interest was done differently. You could invest money into a bank, and it would accrue interest, if you wanted to spend it you could withdraw from the bank. It turned out to be way too cumbersome which led to interest in its current form. Anyway, I went through early development with my good friend PsycoBlade, and I think it was 1.0 that was released on Battlenet (probably in the fall of 2004 or so). At this time there was still flying spawns, and towers did NOT do elemental damage (darkness did chaos damage, water did Normal).

A while later a guy named DarkKalypso emailed me a great idea - have elemental damage and elemental defense types, and a system where elements are strong vs one armor and weak against another. The development of this idea led to Element TD 2.0, which was released I think in spring 2005 (I need to do some date-checking) on Battlenet. I still had no website and I only put my gmail address on the map in a hidden place, so if you wanted to contact me it was difficult (especially since I NEVER checked that email address).

I decided to take a break from the map. unbeknownst to me, 2.0 was garnering much popularity on Battlen.net. There were forums across the web with people discussing the map, it had gotten some feature on Bettle.net, etc. One day out of curiosity I did a search on Google, and found that people were trying to contact me to continue with the map development. What a surprise! I can't tell you how thrilled I was that people actually were enjoying the map. It had a fairly rabid fanbase actually, which made me happy beyond words. I checked my email and was backlogged with emails going back MONTHS. I finally got back to everybody, met Karawasa, 3.0 was made and the rest is history.

Guest Sancdar
Since then I only ever play anything tft but blizz and eletd if I'm either very bored and desperate or polite beyond knowing better. :wink:

If only Blizz TD wasn't so easy :(

@Sancdar - I barely ever leak (oh the standard simple version of the map that is), but with public blizz td games my motto "they leave before I leak" was coined. I've even resorted to "this game is to hard for you" or "you suck at blizz td" game names.. :P

Guest Sancdar

Well...I do usually leak on the second group of phase shifting guys, but I don't lose.

Guest MurderLOL

Introduced by a couple of friends who played for fun...now am better than them...good times :P

Guest Warcryptic

Thats allways, but then you get the annoying part, they want YOU to give THEM tipsXD.

nice thread for sure ;)

How I found out about eletd? Oh.. hmm.. let's see. Yes, I bought tft some year ago, played some but put it away into some drawer when I began playing an mmorpg alongside some friends but it became boring quite fast and i found good ol' wc3 ;) aha! I began playing custome games, liked TDs most. Gem TD was fun the first try, but did beat hardest mode without leak on second try and then it was fun no more. I did like cube defense some but it became boring when every game looks the same. I began searching for the most popular TDs on epicwar, found high-rated element td in the list that I kknew i had but never really played. I hosted some games to try to learn it. Some guy called Cisz whispered me and accused me for hosting a fake version, I said I didn't know or think this was fake version. I checked and the filesize was correct. However discussing with him, I found him a nice person, added him to friends. Some week later a day when he was the only one online friends list I whisped, him he didn't remember me but when I said i met him due to element td he asked me to join da Clan. o_O I wanted a clan and element td was a nice thing, I joined. That was 2 mounths ago or something. In clan my skill was rocketlaunching and now I'm here, very happy for that, thanks cisz and everyone in clan who helped me get good. I try to do the same to unexperienced but interested ppl=)

I joined an EleTD game on b-net. I think it was v.2.2 (if such version existed?). After that I didn't play it again until not so long ago :P.

i found about element td when clicking on random tds. played mostly burbenog and green td for a while. then after then gem td... but ele td is probably one of the best. at least no super-imbalanced creeps or towers. ( the last lvl siege tower of green td was almost impossible to get unless you were red/btm and everyone leaked a lot).. i'm sticking with eletd as the TD of choice

@jolin :)

@Maximusje There was another eletd clan? Is it still there? :shock:

Guest Good

I play EleTD since v2.6 but I started playing a lot when 3.0 Beta10 was introdused- it was hard to me and I played it until it became easy.... then I met people that beated me at extreme same-random... that made me play more... or not just play, but train and after some months training no one could beat me... then I met KingzOr in a public game and he introduced me to Cisz- I had to lose a game again and now I play every day in order to become better than everyone I know. The only thing that worries me is lack of time...

Guest boomboom1

I just started playing eletd in 3.0 so im quite new, and found this game through some phsycho who lives next door :P

Guest Warcryptic

@good: there will allways be people that are better or become better then you, maybe if you slack off or maybe there allready are people that can:P

@Good hehe really competive attitude :wink: like that;)

:!: doesn't nessesarily mean you can get all the way.. but you've allready proven you can get far;)

Guest Pelado_Diamond

I discovered it at the GG-Client's website, when it became a supported project, i saw the news and didn't really care much at first view.Then sometime later (1 week ago), I decided to download it and see if it was cool....IT WAS :D

Sign in to follow this