EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
gwho

Next Wave Starting Trigger

There has been some issues due to the fact that in pubs someone always finishes really early, and rushes the next wave for everyone else.

I think it's also problematic if we have individual starting time b/c then the interest is not at a uniform standard.

Using the last guy to finish means everyone else gets a ton more interest, and overall, we have a ton of extra money. probably not desirable either.

solution:

simply use an average, or so timing to trigger the next wave.

if there are 8 ppl, use like the 5th person to finish to start the next wave.

if there are 5 ppl in the game, use the timing of the 3rd guy to finish to trigger the next wave.

it simply transfers "punishing the other player" to "being able to kill better yourself".

less death, more surviving, but the benefit is maintained.

i guess there is a point.

i guess if ppl want to do fruit runs, they can just create by themselves. ok.

Defeats the whole competitive aspect of the game...

The problem is that what's competitive about someone playing on very easy against someone playing on very hard?

There's no competition there to begin with, so why would you want to punish someone for challenging themselves?

Hence my assertion that only the players on the highest difficulty levels should affect the timer. If you want to compete with them, you should be playing on the same difficulty level as them, not pick a lower difficulty level and say "haha I beat you!"

Defeats the whole competitive aspect of the game...

The problem is that what's competitive about someone playing on very easy against someone playing on very hard?

There's no competition there to begin with, so why would you want to punish someone for challenging themselves?

Hence my assertion that only the players on the highest difficulty levels should affect the timer. If you want to compete with them, you should be playing on the same difficulty level as them, not pick a lower difficulty level and say "haha I beat you!"

I personally dont think theres a problem with the public timer thing. It's just how competitive you want to be with your game. In any case, if you dont want to have noobs on very easy ruining your wave timing you can just host the game and set the minimum difficulty for the players. That way you can only have people on normal/hard difficulty and up.

competetive mode: first guy to finish triggers next wave

regular mode: "average-th" player triggers the next wave

If it's competitive mode, it has to be one difficulty for everyone. Also, my opinion of highest difficulty has changed. See the thread in GD for my more rigorous algorithm.

If it's competitive mode, it has to be one difficulty for everyone. Also, my opinion of highest difficulty has changed. See the thread in GD for my more rigorous algorithm.

same difficulty agreed. competing when one person is not the same? ridiculous.

Sign in to follow this