EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Bruse

Wealth tower is so bad

If you go wealth towers and any other combo for waves wealth are weak against you will leak so much because wealth towers are incredibly bad.

You must go wealth and 2 other combos since you cant trust wealth to hold anything.. but since you waste money on wealth you leak anyway because you wasted your money on wealth instead of your other 2 combos.

They never pay themselves off and people who go interest and use different combos have much more money than you. Isn't the point of wealth to have more money..? So you will have less money and just kill yourself for wasting your resources on them.

They're best as a support tower. Don't get more than 4 of them (3 is the recommended). It's better to get something else first, then add in Gold/Wealth towers as support. They do high single target damage and have high range, and they're great for finishing things off.

A combo you could try is getting wealth towers alongside the dual combo towers you get with wealth towers. Electricity, long-range fire type towers that hit multiple targets. Quark, towers that hit things in a radius, amazing on peninsulas. And Forge Towers, which boost damage. So you use the duals to kill the majority of things then Money/Wealth to finish the enemy off. It's a triple element combo that can work pretty well, if balanced right placed properly.

However, do note that Wealth Towers pretty much become useless within the last five rounds, at which point you'll have two pure lights covering high single target damage, or something else, depending on your build.

Well what is the point of towers that give +50%/+100% bounty if you don't attempt to at least get a large amount of kills on them to make use of the double bounty? Otherwise they never even pay themselves off.

Celerity/velocity are much better at finishing things off, and if you're making towers that give double bounty you will want to be mass killing things with them or you may as well just go velocity instead which attacks almost 3x faster, much bigger range and much bigger dps.

In its current form it is a pointless tower that is a waste of resources.

Much like the (LN) Life towers, the goal is to set it up so that a line of very injured creeps leaves your main damage area (generally short range aoe towers), and is then picked off by these towers. It requires a bit of care to use them correctly, but they can be *very* powerful in the right hands.

Much like the (LN) Life towers, the goal is to set it up so that a line of very injured creeps leaves your main damage area (generally short range aoe towers), and is then picked off by these towers.

It requires a bit of care to use them correctly, but they can be *very* powerful in the right hands.

I would like to see proof of concept of this. I have been experimenting with these towers and aoe towers of two different damage types heavily and nothing is working out well.

Fast waves ruin you, the amount of extra networth/money you have at the end is not significant, and interest builds completely dominate wealth without all the effort of having to balance aoe towers just right to get creeps low so the wealth can try to get some kills.

I remember the last time I tried wealth some guy made nothing but mold towers, got to fruit with 50 lives and had 3-4 times my networth because he went 1 interest. he complained his builds does so much better when he gets 2.

I am not seeing appropriate reward for the cost/effort for these towers. If anyone can prove they are not really underpowered and are actually worth using (as in they pay off and not that you are just alive) I want to see it in a replay of a multiplayer game.

There's a replay (if you can get them to work) of EFL getting 268 fruit kills on very hard in solo mode.

There's a replay (if you can get them to work) of EFL getting 268 fruit kills on very hard in solo mode.

I am aware of that build and it doesn't work in multiplayer so I don't consider it evidence of wealth towers being worth using since this is a multiplayer game.

Well just about anything doesn't work in multiplayer if you're playing on Very Hard and depend on creeps passing your long-pass towers twice before the next wave comes and there's some douchebag playing on very easy jamming the front up with fountain'd or factory'd mold towers.

Well just about anything doesn't work in multiplayer if you're playing on Very Hard and depend on creeps passing your long-pass towers twice before the next wave comes and there's some douchebag playing on very easy jamming the front up with fountain'd or factory'd mold towers.

I've been hearing this come up a lot. We've been taking steps to address it (most recently, lengthening the next wave timers a bit). If you have any other thoughts on what could be done, we're definitely open to hearing them :)

I've been hearing this come up a lot. We've been taking steps to address it (most recently, lengthening the next wave timers a bit). If you have any other thoughts on what could be done, we're definitely open to hearing them :)

couldn't we just have the timer be based on like say, the middle guy's finishing time, rather than the first guy's or last guys?

Fast waves ruin you, the amount of extra networth/money you have at the end is not significant, and interest builds completely dominate wealth without all the effort of having to balance aoe towers just right to get creeps low so the wealth can try to get some kills.

yup. that just means u can't rush for it. get it a bit later. not ap roblem.

I am not seeing appropriate reward for the cost/effort for these towers. If anyone can prove they are not really underpowered and are actually worth using (as in they pay off and not that you are just alive) I want to see it in a replay of a multiplayer game.

keep in mind you will be compounding that extra money.

also, kills in later game give you more, so the percentage based bonus of the wealth/money tower more or less scales or at least has the potential to scale.

around level 20-40, the you're getitng around 20-40 extra minerals per kill. multiply that by # of creeps. Then compare that with the money you get from compounding during those waves. for me, i get around 50-100 per interest cycle. not a bad deal at all.

and making up for the wealth tower's cost is no criteria. with other towers, you get 0 extra money.

to properly compare, you'd have to look at the dps difference (had you spent the money on something other than a wealth tower), to the difference in income you get, plus the effect of compounding that extra amount.

you can't say it fails b/c u can't rush for it.

i'm pretty confident there is enough time left in the game to increase the net income from getting wealth tower.

Well personally I tried wealth towers in multiplayer and it's not really as bad as people say it is. The thing is, this tower's purpose isn't to save you from creep waves, but its more of an investment.

If you look at the damage of the tower it's similar to the life tower. Low on damage but gives you benefits down the road. It actually takes a couple of waves before the money you invested in the money tower actually shows. It's good to have a core creep dedicated tower up first before setting up wealth tower(s). I find that you'll need around 2 or 3 wealth towers to take down a creep wave given that you weakened it enough that wealth tower 1hit kills the creeps.

For me, I think the thing that kills this tower is the low projectile speed. Although life towers do less damage, they end up being a better tower because they don't waste as many shots hitting the same creep. I find that on the long pass, you can only get about 3 wealth towers before they start hitting the same creep. It's a slow, high damage tower, so it should be more efficient at cleaning up.

Contrast this with the Celerity tower, which serves a similar purpose, but with an instant hit attack. Yes, Celerity does roughly the same damage (in a near optimal position) but faster and with longer range, but their targeting is better in that they don't waste shots on dead creeps.

Then compare the Wealth vs Immortal towers. Wealth is 3 elements (x2 for top tier) vs Immortal's 2 elements (x3 for top tier) so the summon requirement is the same. However, if you look at the cost for dps, the wealth tower loses badly (Wealth: 2.5 mins per dps vs. Life: 2.27 mins per dps). Play this difference well with interest, and wealth tower's bounty advantage can shrink significantly. And like stated above, wealth tower's wasted shots lower the overall dps output further.

Wealth tower could use a buff. I'd suggest fixing the projectile speed (if I remember correctly, the wc3 version of this tower had a fast flying coin, not the slow wavey corruptor shot the sc2 version gets). Start there and see if it fixes the issue.

Sign in to follow this