EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Chiquihuite

Unit Death Sounds

In a recent update we added death sounds to units so they're doing more than simply exploding on death.

Trouble is, at least for me, it feels like those sounds are playing constantly and it's driving me bonkers.

We have the ability to tweak the % chance for a sound to play on death, but I wouldn't want to make a change like that without getting other peoples' opinions on it.

Anybody else think it's too spammy? Or do people generally like it the way it is now?

medic death sound for every wave

ok, but on a serious note, medic death sound for every wave.

In a recent update we added death sounds to units so they're doing more than simply exploding on death.

Trouble is, at least for me, it feels like those sounds are playing constantly and it's driving me bonkers.

We have the ability to tweak the % chance for a sound to play on death, but I wouldn't want to make a change like that without getting other peoples' opinions on it.

Anybody else think it's too spammy? Or do people generally like it the way it is now?

yes it is very spammy. i like your suggestion. i would say 15% chance or so might be good. or 20%

but if its medic death sound, make it play death sound twice for every death

Medic death sound is funny :P. On a more serious note, it would be helpful if you guys could list the annoying death sounds. Obviously, something like a Zealot dying isn't a problem. Something like Kerrigan I could see as a problem. So list away and discuss!

Medic death sound is funny :P. On a more serious note, it would be helpful if you guys could list the annoying death sounds. Obviously, something like a Zealot dying isn't a problem. Something like Kerrigan I could see as a problem. So list away and discuss!

I find the tower attack sounds more obnoxious than unit death sounds. it also never stops. If i turn down my volume to lower the attack sounds, i wont be hearing the death sounds anyway. (attack sounds are louder)

is there a volume control for towers/creeps/etc specifically (within the editor, not bnet options - i think attack sounds and unit death sounds is lumped into the same control for bnet options)

All of the 'bestial' sounds are fine, I couldn't care less really. But when the 'humanoids' start talking over each other in a rush to get out their last words I get a bit ticked.

just so you know, i think chance should always be 100% for sounds, but.

you can change it so they dont overlap as much

obviously theres the max voice count destroy/mute

but also Overlap Time Delta seems to affect this (lower value means more sounds overlapping)

reducing the volume of annoying sounds would be a good way also

Sign in to follow this