EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Purarara

Strategy Help

I cannot for the life of me find a build the works on H/VH other than mass mildew and the like. Can someone explain a different build or placements that i could possibly try? Please and thank you

I cannot for the life of me find a build the works on H/VH other than mass mildew and the like. Can someone explain a different build or placements that i could possibly try? Please and thank you

i just tried my mass mold/mass PURE LIGHT/mass eternal build on hard and made it through 60 easy. I only got 11 fruit kills but i didnt target and didnt prepare because i was so excited lol. my builds here in the forum...basic sc2 strat. you have to place things right or it wont work but i took a screen shot so ill post it now

A basic strategy involves the following.

* A high damage, area-of-effect or multi-target tower which you will make in decent numbers.

- The aforementioned Mold works well.

- Annihilation is very popular for this.

- Artillery, Atom, Potential, and Nuclear can all be made to function in this capacity.

- I think Comet is getting buffed in order to work the same way. Meanwhile, Ice is similar to Mold but trickier to use.

* Value multipliers for said towers - as many different ones as you can comfortably stack into the build.

- Mold towers shoot faster working with Fountain towers, or shoot harder with Factory towers. They can also be given more time to shoot by adding Spikes or Mires into the mix. Or you can add Invocation to again make their shooting more effective.

- Annihilation gets boosted by Deceit from within its own build. It's quite easy to add Spike or Invocation here as well.

- Artillery fits easily with Factory and naturally transitions into Spike and Mire.

- Atom can go Deceit or Factory as well as Invocation and Glacial.

- Potential can also grab Deceit or Factory, and has another set of double slows with Plasma and Supernova.

- Nuclear can take Fountain or Factory and works quite well with Hex and Supernova.

- Ice has access to Deceit and Fountain, Glacial and Plasma.

* Single target, high damage towers, ideally with long range, that cover the weaknesses of your main damage type.

- Mold falls noticeably short in this capacity and mostly ends up needing to brute force through the waves, but if you go Fountain you can add Pure Water towers for this purpose. It's also possible to reverse this dynamic and use Mold as the backup damage for Pure Lights.

- Deceit and Pure Light towers naturally cover Annihilation's weaknesses.

- Artillery/Factory Spike gets Nuclear as a bonus. Or, you can again go the other way and use Magnify.

- Atoms get covered decently by Immortals, or can reverse cover for Pure Water.

- Potential has Magnify if going Deceit.

- Nuclear going Hex also has Magnify.

- Ice going Fountain can also be covered by Immortals or also reverse cover for Pure Water.

That's basically it. Pick one and experiment. Once you get the idea try finding your own combination.

thanks. i tried obliteration with deceits and it worked out fine but stuggled on some. This was done on hard. What goes well with obliteration besides deceits?

thanks. i tried obliteration with deceits and it worked out fine but stuggled on some. This was done on hard. What goes well with obliteration besides deceits?

I tried obliteration with polar tower combo and it worked fine. OB = darkness tower so its weak to light. So for light stages you either need something strong vs light or you stack up enough OB to take it out.

You can also try getting more light towers :D

I tried obliteration with polar tower combo and it worked fine. OB = darkness tower so its weak to light. So for light stages you either need something strong vs light or you stack up enough OB to take it out.

Artillery are decent leak catchers, particularly against slowed waves. Pure Earth placement on an island is also decent, again especially with slows. You could go Dark3/Earth3/Light2/Nature2, getting Spike for that slow as a bonus. This should actually be very strong as it gets access to Invocation as well to boost damage.

Artillery are decent leak catchers, particularly against slowed waves. Pure Earth placement on an island is also decent, again especially with slows. You could go Dark3/Earth3/Light2/Nature2, getting Spike for that slow as a bonus. This should actually be very strong as it gets access to Invocation as well to boost damage.

Booo! Light 3 >>>> Earth 3 so hard. Pure lights are the best pures in the game IMO and you really really REALLY do not need that artillery upgrade. Just mass a few more mortars because I believe the last light wave is low 50s, after which you can just sell your mortars anyway, buy more annihilations, and get deceits with them.

4 annis+1 deceit = 8-9 annis.

This is AWESOME.

Booo! Light 3 >>>> Earth 3 so hard. Pure lights are the best pures in the game IMO and you really really REALLY do not need that artillery upgrade. Just mass a few more mortars because I believe the last light wave is low 50s, after which you can just sell your mortars anyway, buy more annihilations, and get deceits with them.

This is AWESOME.

Sounds good to me. :P

This is AWESOME.

Sounds good to me. :P

for pures, aren't lights good up to level 60 b/c of the range... but once u get to fruit level, there will always be something to attack, so the other towers have better dps than light.

it's like how in melee, a zealot has more dps than a stalker, but the stalker ends up doing more dps b/c the zlot isn't always in contact. if it IS always in contact, the zlot has better dps. zlot = other pures, stalker = light pure.

ive bein experimenting with the ice tower. i cant make it work any placements to work?

Micro to hit the corners when possible.

post-3929-1309784353_thumb.png

Oh fine.

Multiplayer: 5 and the left side of 4.

Single player: Inside-upper stretch of 6, inside-middle stretch of 8.

I find quake towers to be very efficient. You can easily get lvl 3 fire and earth, and kill nature mobs with fire, while powering everyhimg with forges. The aoe or quakes works wonders on the fruit lvl.

Sign in to follow this