EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
ele

Temporal Tower

What's the point of this tower?

nature+earth+water

going from the website 2200 damage/second with 8 range at max upgrade with no AoE. and it loses 7% damage per attack on a target for a max of 70% damage reduction.

well even without the damage reduction it sucks.

I just updated the website since it was wrong. It is not 1 speed but rather 0.66. It is not 8 range but rather 10. I am planning to buff the damage in the next version.

Single target crap range with decreasing damage.

This tower is absolute junk. A single mold tower hitting two targets does more damage.

This tower is absolute junk. A single mold tower hitting two targets does more damage.

The idea is that u have to micro it. it's essentially the same as celerity tower, with a different way of requiring micro.

both towers should be buffed.

the temporal tower, unlike the celerity tower can be placed in such a way that it will automatically change targets almost always. It's short range makes this possible. but the celerity tower is total junk cz you can't even do that (thanks to huge range), and perfect micro is barely on par with level 2 dark tower, which only takes 2 elements.

The idea is that u have to micro it. it's essentially the same as celerity tower, with a different way of requiring micro.

the temporal tower, unlike the celerity tower can be placed in such a way that it will automatically change targets almost always. It's short range makes this possible. but the celerity tower is total junk cz you can't even do that (thanks to huge range), and perfect micro is barely on par with level 2 dark tower, which only takes 2 elements.

I'm not sure where you can place a celerity tower to always change targets. That said, I think you're forgetting about range. For instance, a light tower has less damage than a dark tower in any stretch of the imagination. However, it has far more range.

I'm not sure where you can place a celerity tower to always change targets. That said, I think you're forgetting about range. For instance, a light tower has less damage than a dark tower in any stretch of the imagination. However, it has far more range.

yeah, b/c of high range, u can't do it with celerity.

yes light's benefit for less damage is range. i dont know if this is on topic though. cause the dark tower has greater range than most other normal towers, and still has dps comparable to the dps of a perfectly microed celerity tower. Range can be a benefit, like the light tower. but if it requires constant micro and damage that really really sucks if you fail to micro, then i wouldn't say its worth it. In this case, the high range of celerity is a draback, not a benefit. dark tower still has pretty above average range essentially equivalent damage with zero micro, and it only costs 2 elements, not 3. it's also cheaper in raw miernals.

Level 2 dark tower was simply one comparison, And i thought a pretty good comparison, since it's a whole tier lower than celerity tower, and is essentially the same. 6 more range, i wouldn't say is a good tradeoff for requiring tons of micro and potentially lowering your dps by a ton. you can do dps calculations for other similar towers of similar spec, similar tier, etc. the celerity tower ends up being really really bad compared to its investment cost.

ok lets do light tower. (all towers are single target so makes comparing more on-the-money)

it seems there has been an update, and the dps of

level 2 light tower

dps 758

cost 2125

range 22

2 elements

no micro "required"

level 2 dark tower

dps 833 (very nice job, dev team; lower range with slightly more dps. *approves*)

cost 2125

range 16

no micro "required"

2 elements

celerity tower

dps 762 (max) 100-ish (min) [keep in mind, you can't maintain max dps b/c targets won't always exist at 22 range, and we have to account for human imperfection for micro]

cost 1500

range 22

constant micro required, or your dps drops to something like 300-ish (that's being generous)

3 elements

So light tower and celerity tower. same range, similar dps, but the light tower costs 1/3 price more, but you don't have to micro 24/7. is that worth 600 minerals? i guess if you're playing on random mode with full elemental refunds, you could get celerity, but its window of cost effectiveness will be quite short-lived.

Altho the celerity tower has been buffed, it seriously needs a MASSIVE buff to justify 24/7 micro. b/c this micro doesn't just boost effectiveness, its' actually a SEVERE punishment for NOT doing it. Even with a minimum range, or a range priority of something as generous as 11 makes this tower still pretty boring, and still has with the wrong kind of micro. Ephemeral tower and celerity tower essentially overlap in roles and design.

But i'd rather scrap one or both of those towers and make room for a better tower concept, with similar idea of rewarding greater range. but less micro.

"humph ok, mr genius, do u even have a starting point?"

had to step up to the plate:

https://forums.eletd.com/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=20716

Sign in to follow this