EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
ele

Periodic Tower balance?

Hey

Just thought that the periodic tower should be buffed. Looking for the dps of the tower from the website, it does ~5200 with 1 weapon speed with 12 range. If you compare that with the pure water tower, it has weapon speed of 0.31 with 1875 damage with 12 range. Both have same splash range. If u do the math, the water tower comes out around 6000 damage a second. Way toppling a tower that cost 6 elements to create. The advantage of periodic tower i guess is having neutral damage, but for the purpose of fighting the fruit stage, water tower seems to be the same if not better. Creating 1 of each element for the purpose to making a periodic tower is also costly with minimum benefits from tier 1 towers. If this tower were to be a little stronger, maybe more damage or more range, then it would be a fun strategy to try.

Discuss :D

How does it feel in 0.69?

I'll take a look tomorrow, is there a changelog somewhere?

Check the versions at bottom of forums.

kk thanks

I checked out the periodic tower, seems a lot better now with increased damage and range. It's a lot more versatile :D. I have yet to try a strat with it.

What do you guys think of the periodic tower being something like the best of every element? When i first started i expected the tower to be like uber pro. What if the tower cost more but it has 22 range with 2.25/4.5 AoE like the fire/earth? Just feels a little awkward it would cost the same as a pure element tower.

kk thanks

I checked out the periodic tower, seems a lot better now with increased damage and range. It's a lot more versatile :D. I have yet to try a strat with it.

What do you guys think of the periodic tower being something like the best of every element? When i first started i expected the tower to be like uber pro. What if the tower cost more but it has 22 range with 2.25/4.5 AoE like the fire/earth? Just feels a little awkward it would cost the same as a pure element tower.

i like.

It always felt like the idea behind that tower was to be the "epic, but plain tower". no special powers, just expensive, good b/c of raw damage.

... Especially so b/c we dedicated a whole element upgrade for 1 periodic tower. it better damn well be epic.

kind of like the supermonkey in bloons tower defense 4.

Yeah my idea is that since we have 1 of every element, that only leaves you with 5 other choices. 1 or 2 of those choices would probably be interest since its almost necessary to win the game on VH. That would leave you with either one tier 2 forms of triple element towers or fully upgraded dual element towers. Either case would probably leave you with a lot of unspent money near the end of the game with nothing really to pour the cash on. So i dont know really.. i would really like to see a buffed periodic table costing more or an upgrade option for the periodic table oO since if you pick a periodic table build, that tower is going to be your core so it kinda need to be strong

Sign in to follow this