EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Fast Creeps

Right now these creeps double their speed for one second, every three seconds. That is equivalent to a 33% increase in speed. I was thinking of making it triple speed instead. They do seem like the easiest creeps to kill. Thoughts?

Right now these creeps double their speed for one second, every three seconds. That is equivalent to a 33% increase in speed. I was thinking of making it triple speed instead. They do seem like the easiest creeps to kill. Thoughts?

sounds good. the speed burst didn't really seem as significant. it's not something you'd really notice and post about though. good thing u saw it.

Speed creeps are actually the *hardest* in the game to kill IMO. Considering that the best towers are the AoE ones, pure lights notwithstanding, the type of creep that really really punishes you for going AoE towers are the speed creeps that have a tendency to split up and make towers waste their shots.

Speed creeps are actually the *hardest* in the game to kill IMO. Considering that the best towers are the AoE ones, pure lights notwithstanding, the type of creep that really really punishes you for going AoE towers are the speed creeps that have a tendency to split up and make towers waste their shots.

thats the whole point of fast waves right? so that splash towers don't have an absolute advantage against single target towers.

The drawback of splash towers is that they may very well have lower damage than the single target towers, and for the most part, lower range as well. (3 exceptions are oblit, hail, and cannon). So consider this:

With a single target tower, you may leak 2 creeps. But with an AoE tower for the same cost, you leak 4 at half the health.

For instance...quintessential AoE: the fire tower, vs. the quintessential single target: the light tower.

Who wants to argue that the fire tower is better? It's a well known fact that the pure light tower is perhaps the single best tower in the game besides the absurd-to-get periodic tower.

I have problems with the fast waves whenever I farm, since funny enough, Most of my builds uses single targeting towers(lategame) as of now I think they are fine just the way they are, since I do sometimes risk leaking a creep or 2

Sign in to follow this