EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Creep HP Growth

It has been reported that the first 30 levels seem too easy. It has also been reported that the last 30 levels seem too hard. Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone have different thoughts about the HP growth?

I think on hard/very hard, first 20 levels are fine - the tension from incentive to juggle towers for extra interest helps keep it fresh. After that, it gets quite easy until around level 40, when difficulty ramps quite quickly straight to the end.

First 20 are definitely a little too easy, 21-40 is fine, and then for some reason, if I didn't utterly annihilate 40, 41+ will slaughter me. I am noticing that it is considerably difficult to win on Very Hard unless you pick between only a select few strategies. It seems that you need a level 2 triple by the time you hit 41 or it's death.

It has been reported that the first 30 levels seem too easy. It has also been reported that the last 30 levels seem too hard. Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone have different thoughts about the HP growth?

this of course has to do with factoring in compounding and not.

So I would think it would make most sense that the "exponential HP growth curve" remained steep the harder the mode, and less steep for easier modes.

Of course easier modes will have less damage % reduction, of course, but the compounding aspect could also be made easier/harder by making making the curve steeper/more closer to linear.

sorry i can't contribute anything specific, just this general framework.

i can only refer to very hard:

first 10 waves, maybe even 15 are way too easy in comparison to the wc3 version.

first 5 can even be insta-killed at 12 oclock which is a very-hard-NoGo imo.

then there is another significant step with the biohazard trucks, making these and the following pretty hard (which is what VH is supposed to be)

overall it's mostly the mechanical or speed-levels that gimme hell.

I play vh random for balance-issues, so this doesnt refer to any BO or effect concentration.

I try to use every tower/effect i get from it at the optimum positions and make em all support each other in the usual strategy-way.

Heard a few people say the game feels more balanced now in terms of difficulty. Anyone disagree?

I'd say it's pretty good now, yeah. No more mid-game slump, for sure; it probably still ramps a little bit too hard at the end, but what can you do.

Sign in to follow this