EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
rjg4242

Quanity > Quality

Unfortunately on very hard, massing is extremely effective where as upgrading is not. I think it has to do with the damage reduction not working the same as armor does.

Need more detail. It's a flat 50% damage reduction and we don't use fractional damage anymore. Maybe you are overkilling?

Any other Very Hard players notice this?

Unfortunately on very hard, massing is extremely effective where as upgrading is not. I think it has to do with the damage reduction not working the same as armor does.

interesting way to say the same thing:

"cost effectiveness of lower towers is greater than that of highly upgraded towers"

but there could also be the chunk factor, where you can't upgrade for a while until you have a lump sum of X minerals to upgrade.

The reason is damage cant go below 1, so with 50% damage reduction mass baby towers is better than upgrading at lest for the grenade towers.

Lets look at the Grenade tower you got 1 damage for 7 AKA 1:7 damage per mineral and 3 for 20 damage per mineral. Correct for 50% damage reduction in very hard and you get 1 for 7 and 1.5 rounded up to 2 for 20 or 1:10 damage per mineral now it don't take an genius to see that massing is better giving you 43% more dps per mineral spent. And for the last upgrade it gives 9:57 for 1:6.3dam per mineral or with reduction its 5:57 or 1:12 damage per mineral. So you can see that upgrading grenade tower on hardest diff is just a big fat no no.

For Ray towers it turns out that upgrading is just ahead giving a tiny increase in damage per mineral of 5%.

A simple fix to the problem at lest for the grenade tower is to double all damage and HPs.

Damage can go below 1. I believe minimum damage is actually 0.5. Simply build one grenade tower on very hard and see that you can't kill the sheep in five hits.

Sign in to follow this