EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Keno

Grenade v Ray tower

I think it would be nice if grenade towers and ray towers had different projectile graphics. I don't know what's entailed in executing this, but it might help at the beginning of full length games, to make it easier to distinguish which towers are attacking what.

May use the battle cruiser auto-attack projectile for the ray tower?

Definitely not a show stopper, but I think it would be a nice-to-have.

I completely agree. Any suggestions for projectile model for either would be appreciated. As to why, tower projectiles (along with some ability effects) have yet to be polished.

Yeah, battlecruiser missile would be awesome! (But then imo we should halve ray guns cooldown and damage so it shoots faster)

I think we shouldnt change stats of the basic tower, since they are the most balanced ones, but i agree different projectiles would be nice. Even projectile speed should stay the same, so the change is only cosmetic (btw can you change the colour of projectile, so the colours can stay the same as well?)

It will have the same dps.

Well, it could be somewhat lower; higher attack rate could result in overkill - aka lost dps

Yup, same dps is definitely not everything. There are a lot of other aspects. For expamle if you have a tower with 5 dmg every second and other with 10 dmg every 2 seconds. If you have a wave with 5 hp creeps, the first tower does 2 times mre dammage even though they bot have the same dps. On the other hand, if it takes the creep (some with higher hp) like 2.1 seconds to walk around the tower, the faster dower does 15 dmg to it, wheres the slower does 20 dmg.

You cannot tell which one is better, but they are definitely not the same. Slower projectile is obviously always worse (unless its a tower you want to last hit with (gold is a good expamle), so before the projectile reaches the target other towers start it off)

Yeah but currently our ray tower does a MAYOR overkill and gun tower feels so much stranger in the current state of the game. I don't think it would do any big harm in the balance to double its attack speed and reduce it's damage (it would looked better with the battle cruiser missile model, the missile will also travel faster).

Grenade tower could, I dunno, fire grenades? :P

Reapers throw explosives when attacking. Or we could use the Marauder's Punisher Grenade model.

Decided to try the hunter-seeker missile model for grenade tower. Kept ray tower the same. Thoughts on grenade?

Seeker missile seems a bit big. Like Chiq said with reapers c4 charge thingy or marauder attack projectile seems nice.

how about stalker lasers for ray. its nice and simple, and lends itself to a basic tower. a seeker missile isn't very "ray-like" is it?

Seeker missile can always be put on some more epic tower. after all, the seeker missile is pretty epic.

and marauder grenades while flying, and then upon contact, it's reaper c4 explosion animation? the entire sound would be the same as c4 sound.

(the clashity clash sound of marauder grenades dont really feel like grenades to me)

Sign in to follow this