EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sillyboy_tomato

Sun tower needs a buff

Does Sun Tower need a buff?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

Sun Tower (the one that casts shockwaves) really absolutely needs a buff in my HONEST opinion.

why? 250 damage is kinda weak though. by lvl 10 - 20 it is really hardly any useful, and that is the only time where roughly 250 damage actually helps. also with no source of Slow or disables yet. You can't hardly get the most of it. By the time you probably have your 3rd or 4th element, Sun tower's 250 damage is hardly of any use. The main problem is by the time you actually get a decent slow. 250 is useless pretty much about 20+ down right (or i just don't really know how to use it)

my suggestion for this "buff" are:

Increase damage to probably 400 (basing it to 3.0)

ALso on a side note: change the model :idea: it doesn't actually show what "sun" should be.

Maybe the "eye of sargeras" model but brighten up the color.

pls vote in the poll and place your comments about this suggestion.

I agree, it needs a buff, but only a very small one.

Watch this replay: >>> Sun is da bomb <<< And sorry for me leaking the fire three. :wink: I was looking the other way..

Edit: Maybe a small damage increase (to 300) and some more range (+25%) would do the trick. Gotta be tested. The damage allready is awfully high, once you get enough slow (as demonstrated im my replay), but the tower is a bit to weak in soloing. Longer range will help with sun-solo, but wont mess up the maximum-slow situation.

Sun tower is one of the more unique towers, and will probably not see a redesign. As a result, I am curious to see what people think of it in terms of balance.

Guest Sancdar

I maintain there HAS to be a way to make it physical damage. It's impossible to balance spell damage towers across the ten levels of difficulty.

There probably is now that I have a JASS coder at my disposal. But of course, that would be a nerf and it would then have to be rebalanced.

Guest Sancdar

That's pretty simple...just increase the damage so it does the same on very hard as it currently does, and it's suddenly a viable tower in lower difficulties. Even if you do think it's balanced for VH, as a spell damage tower it's obviously much worse in comparison to any physical damage tower if the creeps have less armor.

Guest Ryukira

I don't know if its even possible since the sun tower dmg is a spell, but having the same sort of fire-ground as teh glaciar tower on sun would be a nice way to maximize the amount of creeps hit by the sun tower, however that migh make it too imba...

Guest mrchak

The sun tower could do physical damage if the damage type is artillery-line, and it is given the ability that glaive throwers / gryphon riders have, and its made to work. But that would change things quite a bit and it would have to be totally re-balanced.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

250 damage is just way to weak against hard/very hard

Guest Ryukira

Try playing Cisz build, its not weak, atleast not with the righ backup towers

Guest ibeyuranh

i feel sorry for the third lvl the ra tower i belive .6250 damage for such an expensive tower, i never saw a use for it on very hard mode.

Guest Ryukira

ibeyurahn, as a solo tower with no slow that would be worthless, but when built as cisz shows in his replay every simgle enemy gets hit with the 6250 dmg, over and over an over in such a way that only the lvl 3 elementals have achance (and the ronalds but hey)

maybe the too low damage thing can be solved with a strong slow-down combo (Cisz replay is really selfexplanatory), but sun is still only useful under that conditions and poor flexible.

Adding a short faerie fire effect on hit creeps would give a good added value to the tower and make it more useful and attractive also when playing other not slow-down towers. Specially on hard dif. sun towers could get this way more unique as they improve damage efectiveness of all towers attacking the row.

Guest xSolmyRx
You did see my replay?

I just watched that replay. I'm amazed at your gameplay. :o

I suppose a little bit of tweaking won't hurt that much. But otherwise, Sun tower is pretty decent. :]

A little bit of tweaking should take care of this tower. I like the concept behind it, it requires careful placement and micro.

Guest xSolmyRx

Much agreed. :]

I chuckled when Cisz leaked the level 3 Fire Elemental, though. ;)

Guest xSolmyRx

Haha. Wasn't my intention to make fun of him. More, his response thereafter: "hehe - Sue me^^"

But yeah, you're right. No one is perfect.

maybe the too low damage thing can be solved with a strong slow-down combo (Cisz replay is really selfexplanatory), but sun is still only useful under that conditions and poor flexible.

Adding a short faerie fire effect on hit creeps would give a good added value to the tower and make it more useful and attractive also when playing other not slow-down towers. Specially on hard dif. sun towers could get this way more unique as they improve damage efectiveness of all towers attacking the row.

Interesting perspective on the matter. What do you guys think?

Guest Sancdar
The sun tower could do physical damage if the damage type is artillery-line, and it is given the ability that glaive throwers / gryphon riders have, and its made to work. But that would change things quite a bit and it would have to be totally re-balanced.

That is the line attack I was talking about, and it works really awkwardly unless the sun towers are at right angles from their targets.

Adding a short faerie fire effect on hit creeps would give a good added value to the tower and make it more useful and attractive also when playing other not slow-down towers. Specially on hard dif. sun towers could get this way more unique as they improve damage effectiveness of all towers attacking the row.

That's a neat idea, although I'd rather an effect that promotes the use of a few Sun Towers without requiring a mass of them. Maybe a limited-stackable DoT on attack?

The coder can create a physical damage shockwave, it will be very easy for him. As for a special function, I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Guest Sancdar

Yeah, I figured you could do it just by changing the damage type on Shockwave. I've learned a bit more about JASS over the last year.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

Or you can simply make the the tower's ATTACk a shockwave (btw make it composite damage) So that like well towers and other buffing towers will be able to benefit the Sun tower. Also *rename it* lol to shockwave tower

Guest Sancdar

Er...that's still the line attack we were talking about, and still doesn't really work. You can make Well Towers work with it though, by giving the Sun Tower an autocast for its attack that triggers a shockwave. I don't know how you'd get Inner Fire to work.

Sign in to follow this